Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Francesa is ripping the Yankees

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Francesa is ripping the Yankees

    Joe Torre and the YES broadcaster. His stance, if Texas does not have right to pull the veterans in yesterdays Angel's game then Joe Torre has no right taking a dive in yesterdays game. The pitchers, they used was their worst.

    Go Mike!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT
    Joe Torre and the YES broadcaster. His stance, if Texas does not have right to pull the veterans in yesterdays Angel's game then Joe Torre has no right taking a dive in yesterdays game. The pitchers, they used was their worst.

    Go Mike!

    completely different issue, we were saving Mussina for a reason we didnt bow out when we were playing a game that meant something and pull out all of our stars like Buck did

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT
    Joe Torre and the YES broadcaster. His stance, if Texas does not have right to pull the veterans in yesterdays Angel's game then Joe Torre has no right taking a dive in yesterdays game. The pitchers, they used was their worst.

    Go Mike!
    Francessa is a fat douchbag!

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes he is but his has an extremely valid point

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    yes he is but his has an extremely valid point
    no, his point is completely invalid
    Torre, having clinched the division, chose to rest his best pitchers for the postseason rather than pitch in a game that had no implications for the Yanks.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73god
    no, his point is completely invalid
    Torre, having clinched the division, chose to rest his best pitchers for the postseason rather than pitch in a game that had no implications for the Yanks.
    Buck has the right to play the same kids he played all year.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,821
    Post Thanks / Like
    Torre was doing what was best for the Yankee's, he is not the manager of any other team, they need to get over it.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT
    Buck has the right to play the same kids he played all year.
    and what does that have to do with the yankees?

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I can't get, and what undermines Mike's argument, is why does Texas need to pull it's players when they are going to rest for the next 5 months?

    The Yanks pull players to rest them for the playoffs. Chicago and the Red Sox did the same thing. What is Texas resting them for? Vacation in Tahiti? The Jewish High Holidays? Trick-or-Treating with the kiddies?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    22,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    What I can't get, and what undermines Mike's argument, is why does Texas need to pull it's players when they are going to rest for the next 5 months?

    The Yanks pull players to rest them for the playoffs. Chicago and the Red Sox did the same thing. What is Texas resting them for? Vacation in Tahiti? The Jewish High Holidays? Trick-or-Treating with the kiddies?
    Mike "I have my head so far up Bill Parcells *** I'm paying him rent" Francessa rarely has a valid point.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73god
    no, his point is completely invalid
    Torre, having clinched the division, chose to rest his best pitchers for the postseason rather than pitch in a game that had no implications for the Yanks.
    I disagree. THe Yankees could have made the Rangers game moot by winning. In the middle innings, the Yankees conceded by virtue of taking out their starters. If they are going to give up, why is it incumbent upon the Rangers to do the Yankees biding?

    If it was game 7 in the World Series and the Yanks were down 7-1 in the 5th inning, they would keep their star players in. Apparently Joe felt that it wasn't worth the effort to go after home field advantage yesterday. He has no right then, to get angry at Showalter for taking his stars out.

    The Yankees look like real whiners in even opening their mouths.

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Francesa is a legend in his own mind, and an absolute waste of oxygen. How this pig-headed moron remains on the air is beyond me. I believe people get fatter just by listening to him.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    brooklyn,ny
    Posts
    1,900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Francessa Is A Fat Retard..he Needs To Stop Stuffing His Face And ReAlize Whats Going On ...

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is teh gane so important to Texas to play all its starters after the 4th, but the Yanks can pull their starters after the 5th. Why should texas care, when the Yanks didn't even care.

    If home field ment so much for the Yanks, than start Mussina, and play your starters a full 9.

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT
    Why is teh gane so important to Texas to play all its starters after the 4th, but the Yanks can pull their starters after the 5th. Why should texas care, when the Yanks didn't even care.

    If home field ment so much for the Yanks, than start Mussina, and play your starters a full 9.
    Amen.

    teams have come back from down 7-1. especially teams with the yankees firepower.

    if joe kept his starters in for a full 9, he would have ground to stand on.

    i am not a fan of Francessa, but i happen to agree with him here.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Francesa like him or not is right on the money.

    Did anyone hear the clips of Sterling and Waldman ? Sterling basically called what Buck did "A disgrace and something he has to answer for".

    Well if the game was so important to the Yankees why did they start Mussina like they were going to and when Wright was getting shelled then why didn't they go to Small ?

    Nobody is obligated to do anything for the Yankees. The Yankees blew their chance for home field by not sending their best to the mound.

  17. #17
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Jersey via Brooklyn
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does he actually think the Yankees laid down to let the BoSox waltz into the post season??? Of course: Yanks should have started Moose on Sunday and gone into the ALDS with Chacon and Wang starting the first two games, played Giambi and Sheff (who needs rest?), and maybe thrown Gordon and Mo when it started getting ugly. Moron. I'm the first guy to criticize Torre decisions, but no one with a brain can say he was giving the Sox a free pass.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    No it isn't that.

    The whole point of Francesa's tirade was the Yankees radio and TV team screaming about what a disgrace it was for Buck Showalter pulling most of his starters after the 4th inning of their game with Anaheim.

    An Angels loss or a Yankees win yesterday would have given the Yankees home field against the Angels. Since the Yankees and the Rangers lost yesterday Anaheim gets home field advantage for the ALDS against the Yankees.

    If the game was so important to the Yankees then why did they pitch Wright instead of Mussina ? Even when the game started to get out of hand why didn't he go to Small instead of guys like Proctor or Rodriguez ?

    The Yankees could have taken care of their own buisness by winning yesterday. The announcers made it seem like it the Rangers were a disgrace for not playing their best players when the Yankees were doing the same exact thing.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    What R U Talking About?!

    Torre didnt give up until the game got out of hand... christ sake they scored 11 runs off the yanks... who wouldn't give up.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius
    Torre didnt give up until the game got out of hand... christ sake they scored 11 runs off the yanks... who wouldn't give up.
    Jared Wright???

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us