Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Stadiums

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Stadiums

In the last 2 weeks I made it to a couple places I havent been to yet, Miller Park, Citizens State, and RFK

Miller Park is great. Huge Brewer store on site, tons of food places, none had lines more than a couple people, lots of variety. They also have a little league field in the parking lot, incredible field for kids! Real dugouts, bleachers and foul poles.

Citizen Park was a great stadium too, they let you come in earlier than tthe norm 1 1/2 hrs before start but only in Ashburn Alley (outfield) to see home team take BP and get some balls. Lots of games for kids and prizes that dont rely on winning. The speed pitch has a different twist, a moving row of catchers, like on horizontal tredmill, and you hit them and they fall down, speed plus accuracy test..Food lines way too long at the "specialty" places like Bull's BBQ and Schmitters subs and a cheesesteak place in outfield

RFK reminded me of Vet, Busch, Riverfront, etc, same cookie cutter look, no outfield porch etc. small crowd on 10/2, no lines anywhere

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewdawg
    In the last 2 weeks I made it to a couple places I havent been to yet, Miller Park, Citizens State, and RFK

Miller Park is great. Huge Brewer store on site, tons of food places, none had lines more than a couple people, lots of variety. They also have a little league field in the parking lot, incredible field for kids! Real dugouts, bleachers and foul poles.

Citizen Park was a great stadium too, they let you come in earlier than tthe norm 1 1/2 hrs before start but only in Ashburn Alley (outfield) to see home team take BP and get some balls. Lots of games for kids and prizes that dont rely on winning. The speed pitch has a different twist, a moving row of catchers, like on horizontal tredmill, and you hit them and they fall down, speed plus accuracy test..Food lines way too long at the "specialty" places like Bull's BBQ and Schmitters subs and a cheesesteak place in outfield

RFK reminded me of Vet, Busch, Riverfront, etc, same cookie cutter look, no outfield porch etc. small crowd on 10/2, no lines anywhere
    I visited RFK back in May to see the Mets and Nationals. It was my first trip to RFK and the stadium is in dire need of a paint job. If you're sitting in the infield there really aren't any bad seats in the 100,200,300 and 400 sections.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    I visited RFK back in May to see the Mets and Nationals. It was my first trip to RFK and the stadium is in dire need of a paint job. If you're sitting in the infield there really aren't any bad seats in the 100,200,300 and 400 sections.
    RFK is plain old, OLD. No question it is not even close to modern Stadium standards.

Still, the times I went this year were great. Maybe it's just having a team to root for for the first time since I moved away from New York (oddly, unlike my Jets love, my Mets/Yanks like didn't transfer down to Virginia with me).

In any event, I am VERY anxious to see what the new Stadium is going to look like. I keep hearing that the architectural company planning it are going to "break the mold" and move away from their incredably successful "old-school" Camden-Yards-Style design aethetic. I've heard the phrase "all-glass" and "Cathedral-like" used.....*shudder*.

Oh well, it'll be what it be. At this point I'm just waiting to find out who our owner will be (sadly, it looks more and more like we're going to get shafted (again) by getting that ex-Seattle loser-of-an-owner instead of a passionate local owner). After that, it's the "who's the GM (Cashman maybe?), who's the Manager" dance......

Then Free Agents....damn we need some Bats.

Ahh, it's so great to have baseball again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sat in 423 in RFK, right behind home, had a foul blasted thru my hands by Ryan Howard of Phils.

Where/when is the new stadium scheduled?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years, I have gone to many Stadiums around the country. Never been to Miller, or RFK, but made it to Philly (Citizen's Bank). Nice place to watch a game. You are right about the lines at the food stands though. Quite long. But the crowds were large those days also.

Great American Ballpark (Cinncy) is also a nice place. I personally love Camden Yards though. That wall right behind you in RF gives one a nice Ballpark feeling when sitting out there.

Most of the cookie cutter stadiums are basically the same, even though they have different "niches" about them.

The weirdest one is the foul territory in Oakland. A good 1B or 3B could run all day catching foul pops. I hated that.

Yankee Stadium is a nic eplace to see a game, but you need seats near the playing field to really enjoy the experience. I have found the sections near the Bleachers to usually have some seats available, especially if you try a couple of months in advance.