Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Yankees ALDS goats

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OT - Yankees ALDS goats

Let me just start off by saying I am a Mets fan. I am unbiased towards the Yankees, with that said, here are my goats:

Jason Giambi: Did Jason become comeback player of the year by accident??, no, he has swung a hot bat from June all the way up to tonight and for the most part has been solid offensivley. With that said, he is a HUGE liability on defense. Game 2, when he tried throwing across his body to get the lead runner at third, looked for a second like he thought he was Ozzie Smith. Tonight, runners on the corners one out, and he baby's the ball home?? Gimme a break and use your head. The play wasn't even close, Posada still had his mask in his hand as he wasn't even expecting a throw.

Sheffield and A-Rod: Both have batted sub .250 postseason (AROD - .160). Sheefield GOT lucky in the 9th with that 9,000 foot high bouncer to Figgins. A-ROD failed TIME AND TIME again this series with runners on base, including the BS 5-4-3 DP in the 9th after a clutch leadoff single by Jeter.

Randy Johnson - Did the guy pitch well tonight??, yes he did, but gimme a break, I wish the announcers would get off his C"*^ a little bit tonight. He was brought here to win, and screwed the pooch in game 4. Hell, if it weren't for him, The yanks wouldn't even hafta go back to Cali for game 5, punk.

With that said, I've gotta give props to Jeter. He has been the MOST CLUTCH postseason player baseball has seen since Reggie. HR in the 7th, leadoff single in the 9th off K ROD. This guy never puts up HUGE regular season numbers, better than average but never MVP stuff (.315 19 HR 75-90 RBI) and yet comes through every October. He will have 6 WS rings when all is said and done.

GO METS '06 (Omar, GET MANNY!!!)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mets fans can't be unbiased towards the Yankees

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna start the official "Country" Joe West fan club!!!

Screw the Skanks....I'm glad they lost.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    Mets fans can't be unbiased towards the Yankees

Sure we can. lol

Im not gonna argue, you have the same taste in beer.

Yuengling owns!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The Biggest Goat Is Gay-Rod, Hands Down...

From Game 4 of the ALCS last year to this year's ALDS, Gay-Rod is 4 for 32 (.125 average) with no RBI. He has killed the Yankees. If there is a big spot and Gay-Rod is at the plate, he is guaranteed to do whatever is worst for the team.

They will never win again so long as the softest player in baseball is playing a significant role with the team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Angels just play better more disciplined baseball. And have less than half the pay role.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyShuler
    Angels just play better more disciplined baseball. And have less than half the pay role.
    I'm not discounting what teh Angels did one bit. But the fact remains that Gay-Rod is a waste of talent that plays the smallest in big spots. He is an albatross on any team he plays. There's a reason why teams he's left have improved.

I don't know if you had a chance to watch the postgame, but it was embarrassing. He's really a cancer with this team when it comes to winning. He said "he left his guts out on the field and he has nothing to hang his head." The man embarrassed himself out there going 2-15 with no RBI. Robby Cano and Bubba Crosby had more RBI in this series than Gay-Rod. Jeter was in stark contrast with a good series and an even better postgame interview saying that he's proud of nothing the Yanks did this year since they lost. That's why he's a true winner and Gay-Rod never will be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeter = Winner AROD = Loser with a big contract

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    From Game 4 of the ALCS last year to this year's ALDS, Gay-Rod is 4 for 32 (.125 average) with no RBI. He has killed the Yankees. If there is a big spot and Gay-Rod is at the plate, he is guaranteed to do whatever is worst for the team.

They will never win again so long as the softest player in baseball is playing a significant role with the team.
    Ouch

LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Yankees lose daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Yankees lose

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Double-Play Rod Is the biggest useless Sack. Truth is, Gimabi's play, while bad, didn't affect the game in the least. If he just went to first the run would have scored anyway, and the game would have been 5-2.
    But A-Rod has no vlaue, Continues to be a total failure in the clutch and is the least clutch "MVP" in baseball history.

I can't wait utnil the papers bury him tomorrow. And I can't wait to boo him like he deserves next yr.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the best part is that the angels can buy three of their teams with the amount of money the yanks spent on their one team of choke artist tools. second best part is that the guy the yanks fans thought was gonna put the 210 million team over the top cost them 15 million and choked again and again (RJ anybody?), AND he is under contract again next year. lol. who will you be crying to sign this year? whats the over/under on how much money ole steiny wastes this year in his attempts to buy a championship. how embarassing it must be! btw, manny ramirez has no business playing left field in shea stadium. he has a hard enough time playing it in fenway.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well im a Yankees fan and i gotta say A-Rod choked like a baby with marbles in this series and had this been at Yankee Stadium, i am sure there would have been no MVP chants.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yankees are becoming the knicks and the rangers...Except the Yankkes will always make the playoffs cause there is no cap and they can really spend, spend, spend...

Only problem is once the Yanks make the playoffs the run into better teams..That actually play like a team in all areas..

Every year if you keep bringing high priced guys and make too many mid season moves you will never have any continuity or team chemistry...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    the best part is that the angels can buy three of their teams with the amount of money the yanks spent on their one team of choke artist tools. second best part is that the guy the yanks fans thought was gonna put the 210 million team over the top cost them 15 million and choked again and again (RJ anybody?), AND he is under contract again next year. lol. who will you be crying to sign this year? whats the over/under on how much money ole steiny wastes this year in his attempts to buy a championship. how embarassing it must be! btw, manny ramirez has no business playing left field in shea stadium. he has a hard enough time playing it in fenway.
    First off, it's always amazing to me how Yankee haters quote the Yankees payroll to Yankees fans as though we're signing the checks.
    Second, I for one, did not think 200 million guaranteed anything. The Yanks made the same mistake this season as they did last season - they spent the money on name pitchers rather than good pitchers.
    Gonna be hard to watch El Duque and Contreras vs. Pettite and Clemens in the World Series.
    P.S. A-Rod is a choking *****. Jeter is the MVP of this team, always has been, always will be.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klecko73god
    First off, it's always amazing to me how Yankee haters quote the Yankees payroll to Yankees fans as though we're signing the checks.
    Second, I for one, did not think 200 million guaranteed anything. The Yanks made the same mistake this season as they did last season - they spent the money on name pitchers rather than good pitchers.
    Gonna be hard to watch El Duque and Contreras vs. Pettite and Clemens in the World Series.
    P.S. A-Rod is a choking *****. Jeter is the MVP of this team, always has been, always will be.
    Amen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im about as big a yankee fan as they come and wathcing this game broke my heart. Matsui and arod failed time and time again with runners on. It was a disgusting display. Im am dissapointed in this team but i must say i am proud of a few yankees. jorge-played great defense really kept us in this series. Jeter-What can i say hes clutch. Cano-for a rookie he stepped up in certian spots and basically won us game 1. Chacon,wang,small-all pitched there hearts out especially chacon. I cannot give enough credit to chacon he stepped up when we needed him.And obviously rivera the best closer in the game congrats on your best season as a closer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79
    Im about as big a yankee fan as they come and wathcing this game broke my heart. Matsui and arod failed time and time again with runners on. It was a disgusting display. Im am dissapointed in this team but i must say i am proud of a few yankees. jorge-played great defense really kept us in this series. Jeter-What can i say hes clutch. Cano-for a rookie he stepped up in certian spots and basically won us game 1. Chacon,wang,small-all pitched there hearts out especially chacon. I cannot give enough credit to chacon he stepped up when we needed him.And obviously rivera the best closer in the game congrats on your best season as a closer.
    All true, which highlights how much of a fraud Gay-Rod is. He can have all the paper stats he wants, but in any big spot he comes up the smallest. What a joke he is. I hope next season that the Yankee fans at the stadium treat Gay-Rod like the Shea Stadium fans have treated Kaz Matsui.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLyle IZ GOD
    Let me just start off by saying I am a Mets fan. I am unbiased towards the Yankees, with that said, here are my goats:

Jason Giambi: Did Jason become comeback player of the year by accident??, no, he has swung a hot bat from June all the way up to tonight and for the most part has been solid offensivley. With that said, he is a HUGE liability on defense. Game 2, when he tried throwing across his body to get the lead runner at third, looked for a second like he thought he was Ozzie Smith. Tonight, runners on the corners one out, and he baby's the ball home?? Gimme a break and use your head. The play wasn't even close, Posada still had his mask in his hand as he wasn't even expecting a throw.

Sheffield and A-Rod: Both have batted sub .250 postseason (AROD - .160). Sheefield GOT lucky in the 9th with that 9,000 foot high bouncer to Figgins. A-ROD failed TIME AND TIME again this series with runners on base, including the BS 5-4-3 DP in the 9th after a clutch leadoff single by Jeter.

Randy Johnson - Did the guy pitch well tonight??, yes he did, but gimme a break, I wish the announcers would get off his C"*^ a little bit tonight. He was brought here to win, and screwed the pooch in game 4. Hell, if it weren't for him, The yanks wouldn't even hafta go back to Cali for game 5, punk.

With that said, I've gotta give props to Jeter. He has been the MOST CLUTCH postseason player baseball has seen since Reggie. HR in the 7th, leadoff single in the 9th off K ROD. This guy never puts up HUGE regular season numbers, better than average but never MVP stuff (.315 19 HR 75-90 RBI) and yet comes through every October. He will have 6 WS rings when all is said and done.

GO METS '06 (Omar, GET MANNY!!!)

Goats are you kidding? according to many the Yankees were not even supposed to make the playoffs because of pitching! They did not get swept like the RED SOX!

Giambi was comeback player of the year.....it was a nice season for the yankees.

oh oh I forgot your Mets missed the playoffs......again while the Yankees won another ho hum division.

I'm proud of the way the yankees played and never gave up!

Nice season Yanks!!!!

Right now it's about football!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mets fans, what time did the Mets play yesterday? Oh yeah, you didnt get the chance to play in the playoffs!!! All you guys need to get off the payroll thing with the Yanks, did A-slob choke, hell yeah he did, he is not worth the money IMO. I will stick with my team till the bitter end.