Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Angels just got SCREWED.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Angels just got SCREWED.

That was clearly a Strike Out, the Umpire called it twice. Mike Soscia must be going crazy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Addict SouthFL
    That was clearly a Strike Out, the Umpire called it twice. Mike Soscia must be going crazy.
    Terrible call. Worse than the ankle high strike zone the umps just gave Isringhausen in the Astros-Crads game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man that was bad. You just knew Crede would get the hit to end it after that assinine call. You absolutely HATE to have a game decided like that. The ump should offer to resign from the rest of this series. When the umps hudled up they should have realized that the wisest thing to do was to reverse the call. Even if the ball did hit the ground they would have gotten a lot less grief from the White Sox than they will now. This will be ALL anyone will want to talk about.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone say instant replay in the bigs some day? That was an atrocious error.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What bothers me is how conformist these managers are. It was a blatantly bad call. The Ump originally called the runner out then for some unknown reason changed the call. Sciosa knew that and ran sheepishly back into the dugout with his tail between his legs.

Sciosa should have had the balls to pull his team off the field and into the dugout and send Vlad up to bat (he was up next). Turn it into a serious situation forcing the Umps to do something drastic like making the right call or threaten the Angels with a forfeit for not taking the field. Selig will get involved and it will get ugly. These managers need to force the Umps hand especially in these crucial playoff situations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's never fun to see a game end like that.

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if the White Sox took this series after that?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are crazy , its all Josh Paul's fault, you always tag the guy anyway, I'm glad got screwed ha ha ha ha ha

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HBJETFANBOB
    You guys are crazy , its all Josh Paul's fault, you always tag the guy anyway, I'm glad got screwed ha ha ha ha ha
    dumb

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    It's never fun to see a game end like that.

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if the White Sox took this series after that?
    Yup... All smiles. The Angels got lucky with alotta' calls against the Yanks to be where they are so this evens things out a little bit. Shoeless Joe is smiling his *** off somewhere right now. Go White Sox!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen in sports. Paul knew he caught it and had no reason to tag, he had already rolled the ball back towards the mound when Pierzynski ran.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB
    Yup... All smiles. The Angels got lucky with alotta' calls against the Yanks to be where they are so this evens things out a little bit. Shoeless Joe is smiling his *** off somewhere right now. Go White Sox!!!
    nothing that happened in the yankee series can even this out. gotta love biased, bitter fans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    nothing that happened in the yankee series can even this out. gotta love biased, bitter fans.
    You got me pegged! lol

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    the call on Cano that had him running inside the runners' lane or whatever it's called comes pretty close....but this call was especially bad and pointless

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    the call on Cano that had him running inside the runners' lane or whatever it's called comes pretty close....but this call was especially bad and pointless
    That Cano call and alotta' non-strike calls is exactly what I'm talking about. But I understand that there's alotta' Yankee haters out here that didn't mind those calls. So I sure as hell don't mind this one against the Angels.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You got me pegged! lol
    i do. it was an atrocious call, and anyone watching the game with an open mind can see that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i do. it was an atrocious call, and anyone watching the game with an open mind can see that.
    Open your mind to this... Everything evens out in the end. The catcher has to make sure that he makes that play beyond any doubt. And the Angels didn't do enough to win that game. Fat Socia said it himself. Shoeless Joe is smilling BrooklynBound. He's all smiles just like me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine a like wise call was made against our beloved jets and cost us a playoff game. Anyone (regardless of team) should be f-ing outraged at this call. I wish the GD refereees in the MLB would come out on the record and suspend that ump. He influenced the outcome of a game, and that fukcs with the moral integroty of the game.

I am beginning to hate all refs in all sports...the propenisty of the NFL refs to throw flags and become an integral part opf the game is a very alarming signal to me.

M

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Open your mind to this... Everything evens out in the end. The catcher has to make sure that he makes that play beyond any doubt. And the Angels didn't do enough to win that game. Fat Socia said it himself. Shoeless Joe is smilling BrooklynBound. He's all smiles just like me.
    reality is a wonderful place, join us sometime.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    reality is a wonderful place, join us sometime.
    Oh excuse me. My bad. I didn't realize that you were the all reality knowing God on this fanboard. Maybe someday I'll be worthy enough to join you... lol. Whatever. You stay where you are and I'll stay where I am. And I think we can all be happy and respect eachothers points of view that way. Cheers!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh excuse me. My bad. I didn't realize that you were the all reality knowing God on this fanboard. Maybe someday I'll be worthy enough to join you... lol. Whatever. You stay where you are and I'll stay where I am. And I think we can all be happy and respect eachothers points of view that way. Cheers!
    you don't need to a god to realize that was a horrendous call that wasn't comparable to anything in the yankee series, nor do you need to be a god to realize that this call "evens" it out for the angels.

you just need to be a sane, objective viewer.