Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Hope The Jets Lose At Buffalo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    I was ready for a Super Bowl run this year and it's not going to happen.

It would be just like the Jets to go and win a few in a row and set us up for the inevitable Testaverde meltdown or Curtis injury or Vilma drug bust to smash our hopes again.

It's too much. We deserve a break. Let this season end quickly and painlessly with a comfy 3-13 record and a high draft pick so we can gear up for the 2006 season.

A loss today at Buffalo cripples this year and will allow us to enjoy our Sunday's with the family or the friends. We haven't had a year off since 1995, so let's enjoy it while we can.

SAR I

SAR I
    You can't expect the JETS to open every season with a 5 - 0 record. That's hard to do. All teams face adversity each year and this year will be a test for them. I would say for now and I know it's real early, they're about 30% on the way in passing the test and after today that number will increase even more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me guess......you're like those Dolphins fans in the 1990's that were the Winningest Team for 10 consecutive years yet didn't have a single Championship to show for it. Satisfied with a winning season each year? Happy to go to bed tonight with some boring 10-9 victory when you know that in January you'll be watching other teams in the playoffs?

Some Jets fans have higher expectations. You should too. Sorry if that makes you 'sick'.

SAR I
    Haha...higher expectations? What organization have you been following, and for how long?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

It would be just like the Jets to go and win a few in a row and set us up for the inevitable Testaverde meltdown or Curtis injury or Vilma drug bust to smash our hopes again.

It's too much. We deserve a break. Let this season end quickly and painlessly with a comfy 3-13 record and a high draft pick so we can gear up for the 2006 season.

A loss today at Buffalo cripples this year and will allow us to enjoy our Sunday's with the family or the friends. We haven't had a year off since 1995, so let's enjoy it while we can.

SAR I

SAR I
    You LOSER! I'm looking for 2 tickets tot he Chargers game and the Raiders game this year. I'll tke yours and I guarantee I won't leave until the 4th quarter is down to the warning. Go do whatever you want to do............I'll be watching with the REAL FANS regardless of the record.

J E T S ! ! !

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

How to pronounce "SAR I"

Obviously Mr. SAR is a well schooled individual.

Certainly he is aware that in Latin the "i" or "I" character is pronounced as "EE". In that case whenever you read his signature you'll find an apology embedded inside:

SAR I = Sar-EE = "Sorry"

So, as long as he is apologizing for this thread I'm willing to forgive him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets end this season 3-13 youll be looking at a "break" from winning for a few years.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm up for your tickets too if you have so much negativity about the JETS, can't give up so quickly still have a chance. Don't understand how fans can go watch a game and leave anytime before the end of the game what kind of fan are you, tickets aren't cheap either I'm making sure I get my full ticket price and hang in there and cheer for my team the JETS! I think we'll be alright today I forsee a W today it's going to be a tough one but our D is going to dominate again and Vinny with throw a couple TDs even though it's windy up there.
    GO JETS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I

SAR I
    can this guy get banned yet?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my point people:

The goal this year was to win a Championship. We're not some rebuilding team. It's not like 1997 where we would have been happy with 6-10. We were this close to the AFC Championship Game last season. We're a team that was tweaked where needed. We're in "win now" mode. We're staring down the barrel of multiple retirements at key positions in the very near future.

No matter what happens today, next week, or the week after, Vinny Testaverde is not what we need to overcome Herman Edwards lousy coaching.

I refuse to let the New York media get to me, again. I refuse to get optimistic, again. I refuse to get suc*ed in, again. People mention Trent Dilfer? People think of a Kurt Warner Supermarket Boy miracle? Stop. It's not going to happen.

This season is over. Doesn't make me less of a fan. Doesn't make my $2200 investment in season tickets go away next year.

Some fans show their support through thick-and-thin. Some fans think that they are above others because they show up for games when the team is losing. Good for those of that can do that. I've suffered so much since 1978 that it's tough for me to have another 1999 with high expectations smashed to the ground. You don't need to understand that.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my point people:

The goal this year was to win a Championship. We're not some rebuilding team. It's not like 1997 where we would have been happy with 6-10. We were this close to the AFC Championship Game last season. We're a team that was tweaked where needed. We're in "win now" mode. We're staring down the barrel of multiple retirements at key positions in the very near future.

No matter what happens today, next week, or the week after, Vinny Testaverde is not what we need to overcome Herman Edwards lousy coaching.

I refuse to let the New York media get to me, again. I refuse to get optimistic, again. I refuse to get suc*ed in, again. People mention Trent Dilfer? People think of a Kurt Warner Supermarket Boy miracle? Stop. It's not going to happen.

This season is over. Doesn't make me less of a fan. Doesn't make my $2200 investment in season tickets go away next year.

Some fans show their support through thick-and-thin. Some fans think that they are above others because they show up for games when the team is losing. Good for those of that can do that. I've suffered so much since 1978 that it's tough for me to have another 1999 with high expectations smashed to the ground. You don't need to understand that.

SAR I
    Look we had much worse coaching than the current coach. With Coach Edwards the Jets are consistently in the playoffs which is much more than any other coach ever gave us. SAR I, your post here is a clear example of a lack of intelligence and is why I moved your garbage to the garbage dump.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67
    Look we had much worse coaching than the current coach. With Coach Edwards the Jets are consistently in the playoffs which is much more than any other coach ever gave us. SAR I, your post here is a clear example of a lack of intelligence and is why I moved your garbage to the garbage dump.
    We've had worse teams, but the coaching has never been this bad.

Yeah - we squeaked and backed into the playoffs 3 out of 4 and as soon as we had to face a legitimate opponent we were exposed as a nothing more than medicore.

This team has under performed with Herm the motivational magician at the lead.

Five years - no more excuses.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    can this guy get banned yet?
    why is it that people here think others should be banned for disagreeing with their opinions?