Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hope The Jets Lose At Buffalo.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I Hope The Jets Lose At Buffalo.

I was ready for a Super Bowl run this year and it's not going to happen.

It would be just like the Jets to go and win a few in a row and set us up for the inevitable Testaverde meltdown or Curtis injury or Vilma drug bust to smash our hopes again.

It's too much. We deserve a break. Let this season end quickly and painlessly with a comfy 3-13 record and a high draft pick so we can gear up for the 2006 season.

A loss today at Buffalo cripples this year and will allow us to enjoy our Sunday's with the family or the friends. We haven't had a year off since 1995, so let's enjoy it while we can.

SAR I

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    you make me sick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What makes you think next year will be any different??? Aging players, injuries and so on can happen at any time, anywhere.

What do you think will happen with Chad back at the helm next year? Or a high draft pick at QB? Or Jay Fiedler? How do any of those scenarios promise even a play off place, never mind a Superbowl?

Win for today. Tomorrow can take care of itself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR
    What makes you think next year will be any different??? Aging players, injuries and so on can happen at any time, anywhere.

What do you think will happen with Chad back at the helm next year? Or a high draft pick at QB? Or Jay Fiedler? How do any of those scenarios promise even a play off place, never mind a Superbowl?

Amazing, I thought Sar 1 post was depressing, the thought of Chad or Jay Fiedler at the helm next year is even more depressing. I'm going to check my medicine cabinet for anti-depressants. See you later and thanks for the lift.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mantanasoss
    you make me sick
    Let me guess......you're like those Dolphins fans in the 1990's that were the Winningest Team for 10 consecutive years yet didn't have a single Championship to show for it. Satisfied with a winning season each year? Happy to go to bed tonight with some boring 10-9 victory when you know that in January you'll be watching other teams in the playoffs?

Some Jets fans have higher expectations. You should too. Sorry if that makes you 'sick'.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Next year I'll have different expectations with a quarterback that might be able to win games in December.

This year is over. If you think Testaverde has a chance at a winning record you're insane.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

It would be just like the Jets to go and win a few in a row and set us up for the inevitable Testaverde meltdown or Curtis injury or Vilma drug bust to smash our hopes again.

It's too much. We deserve a break. Let this season end quickly and painlessly with a comfy 3-13 record and a high draft pick so we can gear up for the 2006 season.

A loss today at Buffalo cripples this year and will allow us to enjoy our Sunday's with the family or the friends. We haven't had a year off since 1995, so let's enjoy it while we can.

SAR I

SAR I
    Normally I ignore your ridiculous threads, but I had to comment on this one. If you want to spend more time with your family, you should do it anyway and simply stop watching the Jets. One game out of first place and you are already hoping for a top pick. And I have read your previous posts. It isn't like you expected a Super Bowl anyway. I usually don't question whether a negative person is really a Jet fan (as my father is usually pesimistic). But when you root for them to lose this early in the season, I will question it. Are you really a Jet fan? Or are you like Doc and JacktheRipper claiming to be Jet fans but then trashing everything to do with the Jets (including the fans)?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year I'll have different expectations with a quarterback that might be able to win games in December.

This year is over. If you think Testaverde has a chance at a winning record you're insane.

SAR I
    call me insane. You would have said the same thing about trent dilfer in Balt, wouldn't you. I get the negativity thing, but if your that convinced we have no shot, take the year off anyway. It's not like you'll be missed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Book my room at a local institution then. Making a playoff run in December is not inconceivable. The cream will rise to the top come playoff time but not every team making it is a SB contender. I would rather see a team go out swinging than tank it and destroy any pride the players and organization has developed over the last few years. Would like to see the phrase SAME OLD JETS stand for something positive like look at these guys their always in the hunt rather than a negative history.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

SAR I

SAR I
    Go play in traffic!!!

This team was 2 missed FG away from the Championship game last year with a hurt Qb that didnt give us any points in our final game....Vinny is old but we dont need to be the Rams, we actually have a defense...

Winning the Divsion and a playoff game or 2 is alot more important than getting a high draft pick...Some teams have high picks 10 years in a row and still suck..Draft guarantees nothing..

Youd rather be 2-14 than actually winning the division??? THATS DUMB!! Once your in, anything can happen..Yes, its Super Bowl or Bust but not if you have to chose between 2-14 or winning the AFC EAST..Its too early for that sh*t...Either quit watching the games then(cause only idiots can root to lose) or STFU and see what happens..The expectations arent high anylonger so chill out and give it a rest..Teams have overcome worse conditions!!
    Last edited by LockeJET; 10-16-2005 at 08:22 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs
    Amazing, I thought Sar 1 post was depressing, the thought of Chad or Jay Fiedler at the helm next year is even more depressing. I'm going to check my medicine cabinet for anti-depressants. See you later and thanks for the lift.
    Sorry, wasn't my intention to bring you down. I was just trying to point out to SAR1 that next year will have its own problems (for every team, not just us), which is why you can't just give up and say "there's always next year".

Now please, step away from the medicine cabinet ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Which QB is that then?

Oh well, back to the funny farm ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    My advice to you would be to pick up another hobby to keep yourself busy. My suggestion is that you start smoking crack immediately. I promise once you get into it, the season will end for you painlessly and we can all take comfort that your future postings is just a result of you being constantly high.

Let's go Jets and bring home a W today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    My suggestion is that you start smoking crack immediately.

LOL!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The are always quitters with plenty of rational.

Quitters are never leaders, leaders are hard to come.

I know Vinnie won't be quitting today, neither the defense, and let's say the rest of the team.

IMO fans never quit either, through thick and thin they stay with the team and NEVER wish them to lose.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR, if this is the way that you feel make sure that you PM me with the details on those mezz. level tix that you have - I'll make some good use out of them. I already have 2 seats of my own, but I know some real fans who'd love to go to some games - and they probably wouldn't split at the end of the 3rd quarter either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some Jets fans have higher expectations. You should too. Sorry if that makes you 'sick'.
    These high expectations include tanking games at 2-3?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No better way to put it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I

SAR I
    Dude, what a killjoy. Life must be depressing for you. I bet this post is a nice reflection of your whole life. Quitter of the highest order.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, wasn't my intention to bring you down. I was just trying to point out to SAR1 that next year will have its own problems (for every team, not just us), which is why you can't just give up and say "there's always next year".

Now please, step away from the medicine cabinet ...
    I took a great run instead. Beautiful day out. Looking forward to the game later. We may not make the playoffs but at least today we have a QB who can actual throw the ball down the field. I'm going to enjoy it.