Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would the USC Trojans beat the Jets?

To The Dump! To The Dump!

How many sacks would Abe get in that game before tweaking a hamstring? 4? 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    How many sacks would Abe get in that game before tweaking a hamstring? 4? 5?
    And how many guys are they going to have to use to block D-Rob? 4? 5?

Line up in Jumbo and run on every down. Score on every possesion. Kill their QB on every play.

The Texans would beat USC by atleast 40.

eLOT

Quote Originally Posted by lc87
    how do u figure that?
    You talking about about their QB and RB being top 5 picks - That's great, but how many 1st yr QBs are even good in their first year, I can think of 2 in the psat 15 yrs.

The NFL game is so much faster than the college game. And most importantly, no matter how banged up the Jets, the Texans, or anyone else is... They would ABSOLUTLY dominate the line of scrimmage. Unless all of those guys are expected to be drafted.
    Bush wouldn't have a chance to run, Leinhart would have no time to throw, and most of the WRs would get blasted coming off the line.

I don't think they would have a shot against CFL or NFL Europe teams, let along teh NFL

You have to be a certain age to remember this, but for many years ('30's to the early '70's) the first NFL exhibition game every year was between a team of college All-Stars ( I think all seniors or graduates) against the NFL champion. The game was played every year at Soldier Field in Chicago.

I remember sweating this game the year the Jets won the SB (so this would have been July or August '69). The game was nationally televised in prime time and it was considered an embarassment to lose to the college kids, the Jets were still considered a fluke by some, first AFL team to play in this game, and I really was afraid they would not play hard and lose.

Anyway, as I remember, Weeb played the regulars a couple of series and they ended up winning something like 37-14. Within a year or two the game was discontinued, I think the league figured it wasn't worth these high draft picks maybe getting hurt in a game like this and also being out of training camp with the team that drafted them.

I could be wrong, and I could not find any records online, but I kind of remember one of Lombardi's great Packer teams in the '60's actually lost this game, and he was just livid.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    i was looking at nfl power rankings before (jets were 24th) and i guess as a joke they put USC at 32nd ahead of the Texans who were in 33rd. i was wondering do u think that USC could beat the Jets and if so how many other teams could they beat?

right now i think USC would beat us. reggie bush would run all over us and leinart would deliver to their big physical WRs. they have a lot of NFL talent on both sides of the ball.

Right now I think you are high.

listen carefully...at least try to;

No College team would beat the worse NFL team and the Jets are not the texans.

The fact that you would even posts this pretty much sums up your football knowledge.

The speed from college to the pros is nuts in difference.

Hall Of Fame
    i was only half serious...but they could give some nfl teams a run for their money and make for some good games
    think about it:NFL OFFENSE SYSTEM
    #1 overall pick QB leinart
    top 3 RB bush
    another 1st rd. Rb lendale white
    young talented WRS
    WR that will go in the top 3 rds steve smith
    mammoths acriss the o and dlines
    top tier TE
    talented secondary
    you were only hafl serious?

this is still for the garbage pail

absolutley ridiculous question. no college team could ever beat any pro team at any time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by riichkay
    You have to be a certain age to remember this, but for many years ('30's to the early '70's) the first NFL exhibition game every year was between a team of college All-Stars ( I think all seniors or graduates) against the NFL champion. The game was played every year at Soldier Field in Chicago.

I remember sweating this game the year the Jets won the SB (so this would have been July or August '69). The game was nationally televised in prime time and it was considered an embarassment to lose to the college kids, the Jets were still considered a fluke by some, first AFL team to play in this game, and I really was afraid they would not play hard and lose.

Anyway, as I remember, Weeb played the regulars a couple of series and they ended up winning something like 37-14. Within a year or two the game was discontinued, I think the league figured it wasn't worth these high draft picks maybe getting hurt in a game like this and also being out of training camp with the team that drafted them.

I could be wrong, and I could not find any records online, but I kind of remember one of Lombardi's great Packer teams in the '60's actually lost this game, and he was just livid.
    This brings back memories. Otto Graham would coach the college all-stars, and he was one of the main guys who blackballed Johnny Sample from the NFL.
    Sample, if I recall, got a measure of revenge against Graham in that Jets-All-stars game.

Smile

HAHA that was some funny stuff right there!!!

I obviously know they couldnt beat an nfl team i just like getting u idiots all riled up

thanks for the satisfaction

Veteran
    i was looking at nfl power rankings before (jets were 24th) and i guess as a joke they put USC at 32nd ahead of the Texans who were in 33rd. i was wondering do u think that USC could beat the Jets and if so how many other teams could they beat?

right now i think USC would beat us. reggie bush would run all over us and leinart would deliver to their big physical WRs. they have a lot of NFL talent on both sides of the ball.

Man please take this question to the dump....on a GREAT College football team on any given year you have around 4-7 NFL players....anywhere from 1ST round picks-7th Round Picks....thats all, the rest will never be pro. When you have a NFL team all of the players on there have made the jump to college to pro...all of them. The worst team in the NFL would KILL Any College team....KILL!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I think BUSH will end up the #1 pick in the draft this year ahead of Leinhart,Bush is just in a whole other zone when he`s out there running ...

Hall Of Fame
    HAHA that was some funny stuff right there!!!

I obviously know they couldnt beat an nfl team i just like getting u idiots all riled up

thanks for the satisfaction
    If you are serious and you probably are then you are the idiot!
    who did you get riled up? all i saw was people remarking to your stupidity...and i also called you an idiot.

you clown

Give me a break! These are kids...they'd be tossed around like *****es. Probably wouldn't even have to pass the ball... the O-line of an NFL team would ahnialate any college line.

All Pro

No, couldn't coah em either. Carrol tried that he sucked. This thread blows.

who would win in a fight
    a giant deusche or a turd sandwich

Southpark Season Opener tonight

Not even close. Even the 1-15 Jets would kill any top ranked college team

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak
    If you are serious and you probably are then you are the idiot!
    who did you get riled up? all i saw was people remarking to your stupidity...and i also called you an idiot.

you clown
    im not a clown ur the loser who sits on a wutever u call these things all day and act hard by insulting people