Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would the USC Trojans beat the Jets?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Would the USC Trojans beat the Jets?

i was looking at nfl power rankings before (jets were 24th) and i guess as a joke they put USC at 32nd ahead of the Texans who were in 33rd. i was wondering do u think that USC could beat the Jets and if so how many other teams could they beat?

right now i think USC would beat us. reggie bush would run all over us and leinart would deliver to their big physical WRs. they have a lot of NFL talent on both sides of the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lc87
    i was looking at nfl power rankings before (jets were 24th) and i guess as a joke they put USC at 32nd ahead of the Texans who were in 33rd. i was wondering do u think that USC could beat the Jets and if so how many other teams could they beat?

right now i think USC would beat us. reggie bush would run all over us and leinart would deliver to their big physical WRs. they have a lot of NFL talent on both sides of the ball.
    Is this a Playstation II question?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry,but no.

A college team will not beat an NFL team.

When they said the Canes could beat the bengals a few years ago, that wouldnt have happened either.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetcane

Sorry,but no.

A college team will not beat an NFL team.

When they said the Canes could beat the bengals a few years ago, that wouldnt have happened either.
    Exactly right, cane ... the worst NFL team would dismantle the best college team, every year, even if the NFL team is 0-16 and the college team is undefeated with a 40 Point margin of victory PG

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any NFL team would crush USC by at least 50 points.

This is a dumpable topic.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Exactly right, cane ... the worst NFL team would dismantle the best college team, every year, even if the NFL team is 0-16 and the college team is undefeated with a 40 Point margin of victory PG
    Exactly, it wouldn't even be close....the NFL, even the worst teams, are the BEST of the BEST in the world.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was only half serious...but they could give some nfl teams a run for their money and make for some good games
    think about it:NFL OFFENSE SYSTEM
    #1 overall pick QB leinart
    top 3 RB bush
    another 1st rd. Rb lendale white
    young talented WRS
    WR that will go in the top 3 rds steve smith
    mammoths acriss the o and dlines
    top tier TE
    talented secondary

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    USC barely beat Notre Dame and WON'T beat Texas -- NOT THIS YEAR.

The Houston Texans would DESTROY the USC Condoms.

OT: F'ING PUJOLS

GO ASTROS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

USC is not even the best team in college football. They were lucky to beat Notre Dame last week. Even if they were, they could never compete with any NFL team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Any NFL team would crush USC by at least 50 points.

This is a dumpable topic.
    usc's offense would be able to score because they have alot of future first rounders. there defense wont be able to contain.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was only half serious...but they could give some nfl teams a run for their money and make for some good games
    top 3 RB bush
    young talented WRS
    top tier TE
    talented secondary
    No. USC eeked out a victory vs. a less talented team. If they were to play an NFL team it would be a massacre, it would be men playing vs. boys.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine
    usc's offense would be able to score because they have alot of future first rounders. there defense wont be able to contain.
    Any NFL D would eat that O for lunch....too much speed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

top 3 RB bush
    young talented WRS
    top tier TE
    talented secondary
    Yes, but you have to think of it this way ... around 95% of USC's roster will never play a down of football in the NFL ... will not even make an NFL team as backups ... and they would be competing against a 53 man roster who all found a home in the NFL

That's why even the worst NFL team would stampede the best college team

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    so all of u are saying if they played 32 games vs. every team in the nfl they wouldnt win a game????
    i find this hard to believe

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

so all of u are saying if they played 32 games vs. every team in the nfl they wouldnt win a game????

i find this hard to believe
    Nope, I'm saying they'd be lucky to remain within 30 Points of one NFL team if they played all 32

For that to happen one NFL team would have to pity them and call off the dogs

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    not a chance in hell. the Trojans would have to get lucky to score a point.

the best of the best college teams at any given time have less than 10 future pros on their roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, I'm saying they'd be lucky to remain within 30 Points of one NFL team if they played all 32

For that to happen one NFL team would have to pity them and call off the dogs
    how do u figure that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but you have to think of it this way ... around 95% of USC's roster will never play a down of football in the NFL ... will not even make an NFL team as backups ... and they would be competing against a 53 man roster who all found a home in the NFL

That's why even the worst NFL team would stampede the best college team
    And don't forget that some of the USC players would be underclassmen, meaning boys, playing against men that may be five or ten years older and weighing 50 to 100 lbs. more than them. Boys beating men? Not a chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

how do u figure that?
    Easy ... because the worst NFL players were good enough to find a home in the NFL, while maybe 5 Trojans {maybe 6 or 7, tops} will ever play a down of football in an NFL regular season game

And of the few who are NFL material, maybe one or two will become immediate starters ... the others will have to be Groomed to play in the NFL

That's why it's an absolute mismatch of monumental proportions

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    .... dumpity, dumpty ... doo ...

didn't even want to open this foolish topic, but i couldn't not chime in ...

l_j_r