Thread: OT- Go New York, Go New York, GO!

All League
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

OT- Go New York, Go New York, GO!

Knicks baby, I have not been this excited about a Knick team since the days of... P.Ewing, J.Starks, C.Oakley, A.Mason, D.Harper, and them boys... But this year, oh man oh man! We will beable to run with the best of them... Everyone says S.Marbury is a ball-hog? Well when you have to play with A.Houston and players who cant run the court... I would hope he would take all the shots. We have a young, fast, and athletic group of guys here with plenty of upside... And yea, S.Marbury, J.Crawford, and Q. Richardson take alot of shots... But with L.Brown as coach.... I expect this team to pass the ball around till we can hit the open man when we run the half court game.

PG- S.Marbury
    Sg- J.Crawford
    SF-Q. Richardson (Finally a great 3 point flick on this knicks roster)
    PW-E.Frye (May be a rookie, but this kid can block shots and str8 up play)
    C- E.Curry (Came out of HS, still young, very young, and will add height that we need)

We also have some good players coming off the bench..

I think I might start to watch some Knick games again/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Nate and Crawford off the bench we have a seriously young and athletic team. Talk about new blood... Stephon Marbury who has been a Knick for less than 2 years is the longest tenured Knick.

Houston's contract off the books next year, Penny's contract over this year. We are one of the youngest, most athletic teams in the league with some decent depth off the bench. Add in the best coach not names Pat Riley or Phil Jackson and you have a seriously exciting team.

Lets not forget Ariza. The kid can flat out fly and plays at full speed every play. Malik Rose, Antonio Davis and Penny give us some very nice talent and enough vets to help keep the kids pointed in the right direction.

In all honesty they are still a couple of players away, but this team WILL make some noise this year and will be a serious championship contender in 2 years. I was bashing Thomas with the best of them at the end of the year, but it looks like he had a damn good plan after all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling Marbury wont be a Knick after this season unless he really changes his ways on the court. Brown could not deal with Iverson after awhile and Iverson was alot more talented than Marbury. The Knicks have two major problems which the team will have to address in the next few years before they become contenders.

The first is rebounding. They have none. Curry is not a strong rebounder. Great move by the Knicks to get him, but he is not a tough player around the basket. Frye looked very soft in the summer games and its probably going to be awhile before he sees significant minutes. Taylor will be the starting power forward for most of the season this year. I dont buy that Brown wont play younger players anymore(Prince flourished under him in Detroit), but Frye is not ready yet for the NBA grind. They wont get any rebounding from their backcourt either. This is a team that is going to have to get back on defense with the amount of balls they will miss.

The second problem is their shooting. First of all Q is not a great shooter. Hes not even a good one. Hes a bad one. Phoenix was thrilled to get rid of him. Richardson is a streaky 3 point shooter who plays no defense and chucks the ball up from beyond the arc all game long. Thats all well and good on teams that can play run and gun with an athletic big guy who boards down low, but for a team like New York he's a terrible fit. Crawford and he are very similar in their game. Both guys are going to miss a ton of shots. Had Houston been healthy he would have been a much better fit playing the Rip Hamilton role for the team. Marbury is also not very good with the ball, but hes such a talent he'll be fine until he blows up with the coach.

Interesting thing will be where Ariza fits in for the Knicks. Hardaway is probably going to be the first guy off the bench for NY. But he is old and soon will be off the team. I could see him backing up any of the 3 under the coach before Robinson sees the floor.

IMO, the Knicks are probably 3 seasons away from being a legit contender. Brown will have to find a way to get some guys in that will fit in better in his system of play unless he really gets these guys to change up their style. Another big guy in the rotation and a shooting guard is what I think he will look for. Marbury is his trade bait and he'll use him if he has to to get it done. Brown would be fine with a Jamaal Tinsley type PG if he can make a good upgrade elsewhere. Knicks are going to be around 40 wins or so this season which is big improvement. Nets and Sixers are both better but they should be better than the Celtics and Raptors. There are probably 6 locks for the playoffs in the east barring injury. The big question for the Knicks is can they beat out the remaining teams to be number 7 or 8.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, LMAO atJasons comments.... E.Curry is not a tough player around the basket? OMG!!!!!! Have you seen this guy in his last pre-season game? He is tough as nails... Even the announcers said he is "Baby Shaq" This kid is the TRUTH,

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HendersonD06
    LOL, LMAO atJasons comments.... E.Curry is not a tough player around the basket? OMG!!!!!! Have you seen this guy in his last pre-season game? He is tough as nails... Even the announcers said he is "Baby Shaq" This kid is the TRUTH,
    Have you watched him play in Chicago before? The "Baby Shaq" name is not a name he got in the NBA. They called him that in high school because of his size, look, and the fact that he was really strong. Anytime in recent years that it has been used has been as a joke because he shows up out of shape and is a tad bit on the lazy side which are issues that sometimes Shaq shows especially during the middle of the season.

Tough players who are 7 foot tall dont average 5 boards a game. They dont average under 1 block and only average around 3 fouls a game. Curry is not a tough player. He has good hands and a soft touch with the ball. But he isnt going to get in there and bang around and do whatever it takes to win. Hes not going to take 10 free throws a game. He'll score a somewhat quiet 16-20 points and maybe get 6 rebounds. Maybe one day he will be a tough player, but right now he is nowhere near being one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark my word, Curry will be the reason why the Knicks make the playoffs this season,(other than L.Brown and Stephon) and it will start tonight vs the Celtics... I cant really put a finger on how many points he will score... I will say around like 14-18 because we have some solid scorers on this team now... Crawford, Richardson, and look for Marbury to play like a true PG with Brown as head coach. But as far as the rebounds go, lol he is still young, came out of HS... This is the best thing since Ewing for the Knicks at the C spot. I say he get 12-15 rebounds, 2 blocks...

Ill be back on this thread after the game to let everyone know how good this kid did.

First time in 3-4 years that I'm as excited for the Knicks like I always am for the Jets.

Go New York, Go New York, GO!!!!!!

I cant wait till the Knicks crowd chants D-Fence, D-Fence, lol... MSG has looked so depressed lately, the stadium has been as empty as the Tampa Bay Devil Rays field...I really wanna see New York with a good team and an exciting one at that... Something we have not had in a long time... NY Fans deserve it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knicks baby, I have not been this excited about a Knick team since the days of... P.Ewing, J.Starks, C.Oakley, A.Mason, D.Harper, and them boys... But this year, oh man oh man! We will beable to run with the best of them... Everyone says S.Marbury is a ball-hog? Well when you have to play with A.Houston and players who cant run the court... I would hope he would take all the shots. We have a young, fast, and athletic group of guys here with plenty of upside... And yea, S.Marbury, J.Crawford, and Q. Richardson take alot of shots... But with L.Brown as coach.... I expect this team to pass the ball around till we can hit the open man when we run the half court game.

PG- S.Marbury
    Sg- J.Crawford
    SF-Q. Richardson (Finally a great 3 point flick on this knicks roster)
    PW-E.Frye (May be a rookie, but this kid can block shots and str8 up play)
    C- E.Curry (Came out of HS, still young, very young, and will add height that we need)

We also have some good players coming off the bench..

I think I might start to watch some Knick games again/
    What do u think our chances are of getting King James next year? that would be awesome, GOOO KNICCKKSSSS

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark my word, Curry will be the reason why the Knicks make the playoffs this season,(other than L.Brown and Stephon) and it will start tonight vs the Celtics... I cant really put a finger on how many points he will score... I will say around like 14-18 because we have some solid scorers on this team now... Crawford, Richardson, and look for Marbury to play like a true PG with Brown as head coach. But as far as the rebounds go, lol he is still young, came out of HS... This is the best thing since Ewing for the Knicks at the C spot. I say he get 12-15 rebounds, 2 blocks...

Ill be back on this thread after the game to let everyone know how good this kid did.

First time in 3-4 years that I'm as excited for the Knicks like I always am for the Jets.

Go New York, Go New York, GO!!!!!!

I cant wait till the Knicks crowd chants D-Fence, D-Fence, lol... MSG has looked so depressed lately, the stadium has been as empty as the Tampa Bay Devil Rays field...I really wanna see New York with a good team and an exciting one at that... Something we have not had in a long time... NY Fans deserve it.

Still think the Knicks are going to make the playoffs?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000
    Still think the Knicks are going to make the playoffs?
    In fairness Browns teams usually start slowly when he takes over because he has them doing things they arent used to, but right now its a rude awakening about how bad Jamal Crawford and "that amazing sharpshooter" Q really are. Atthis rate those two and Marbury will be begging out of town. Hes got Hardaway and James on the inactive list hoping they can get out of town as well. This team will be very very different next season and probably by the end of this one.