Thread: Jeter wins 2nd gold golve

Jeter wins 2nd gold golve

The gold glove award is a complete joke and has been for some years. As a Yankee fan, I can easily admit that Jeter does not deserve this award and it isn't close. Torri Hunter also did not deserve his award IMO. And, the fact that neither Aaron Rowand, Mark Kotsay, or Jeremy Reed were given one of the 3 outfield awards is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    The gold glove award is a complete joke and has been for some years. As a Yankee fan, I can easily admit that Jeter does not deserve this award and it isn't close. Torri Hunter also did not deserve his award IMO. And, the fact that neither Aaron Rowand, Mark Kotsay, or Jeremy Reed were given one of the 3 outfield awards is terrible.
    Thank you for your honesty. As a Yankee hater, I find myself constantly in between blind Yankee fans who think Jeter can do no wrong and is a great defensive player, and blind Yankee haters who say he "sucks." Obviously, neither is true. That being said, he is not a top defensive shortstop. I couldn't agree more about the gold glove award. It has really become a joke over recent years.

Remember when Raffy got the GG at 1B when he only played 28 games that year? That's a hell of a season, he had more impact in his games than 1B who played 5 times as much!