Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pete Carroll's Halloween Stunt: Very Inappropriate

I'll calm down when Pete Carroll is fired!

okay ... I'm overreacting a bit. However, I don't think it was a good idea. I am just thinking this from a coaches perspective and society today (where you worry more about suicide and terrorism). Doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    Calm down bro - it's a joke. Even though I'm pretty sure they stole it from South Park, it's still pretty funny.

Did the players have a real problem with it? If they weren't offended it's pretty ridiculous that some of us are.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by inchadwetrust
    Pete Carroll's Halloween Stunt: Very Inappropriate

Maybe he should be fired!

If you don't know (arranged by Carroll), Lendale White has a staged argument with one the coaches and left practice ... then later was on top of a building so the rest of the team could see him ... and they through a dummy off of the building to fake Lendale White jumping ... players didn't know until these realized it was a dummy.

It just seems very inappropriate and over the line.
    Chill out, it was all in good fun. I think it was a funny idea to come up with,

Jets Insider VIP
    Pete Carroll's Halloween Stunt: Very Inappropriate

Maybe he should be fired!

If you don't know (arranged by Carroll), Lendale White has a staged argument with one the coaches and left practice ... then later was on top of a building so the rest of the team could see him ... and they through a dummy off of the building to fake Lendale White jumping ... players didn't know until these realized it was a dummy.

It just seems very inappropriate and over the line.
    I'm sorry.... I can't stop laughing.

Rookie
    I guess coaching my girls basketball team ... we could fake a kidnapping ... and then tell the parents it was just a joke ... and to get over it.
    like I said ... get over it.
    Last edited by MysticalJet; 11-03-2005 at 11:44 AM.

i think it was extreme too

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    i think it was extreme too
    Still very funny!!!!

My father was a suicide when I was 18.

This prank is NOT offensive. It was a joke, a Holloween "Scare". Nothing more.

People who constantly LOOK for topics to be offended about will have no trouble finding them.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Its time to put this thread in its proper place

Jets Insider VIP

It's Seems Like an ND Fan Upset at Losing to USC...

It was a funny, crass practical joke that was done in-house, so to speak, with the team. No one's parents were called. No one told the kids parents that he was dead. No one was hurt.

The thing is, coaches are reprimanded or even fired when things of this nature involve persons outside of the team. Just like when that basketball coach (forgot his name) went to a coed party and was blasted. There was that other coach having the strippers in his hotel room. What Carroll did was nothing like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Seems like poor taste to me - guess it never occurred to anyone that a heart attack could result from 1st hand witnessing a "suicide"?