Thread: Close the borders, before it's too late...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Close the borders, before it's too late...

How many years behind this mess are we unless we take immediate action?....

Far-Right Leader: Riots Only the Start
    Nov 09 2:08 PM US/Eastern
    Email this story

By JOHN LEICESTER
    Associated Press Writer

PARIS

French far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen claimed Wednesday his National Front party has been "submerged" with prospective members and supportive e-mail since rioting erupted in heavily immigrant communities near Paris.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Le Pen described the recent violence as "just the start" of conflicts caused by "massive immigration from countries of the Third World that is threatening not just France but the whole continent."

Le Pen said people with immigrant backgrounds who commit crimes should be stripped of their French nationality and sent "back to their country of origin."

Reminded that the vast majority of youths taking part in the arson and rioting are French, born in France to immigrant parents, he said: "What does that mean? Are they French because they have a French identity card?"

French nationality should be given only to those who ask for it and "who are worthy of it," he said. "Those who got nationality automatically, who don't consider themselves French and who even say publicly that they consider France their enemy should not be treated as French."

Le Pen said he is convinced that what he described as a surge in support for his "zero immigration" platform would translate into votes at the ballot box for his National Front party.

French voters "are saying to themselves 'Le Pen was right. We were told that Le Pen is an extremist because he said that immigration problems would lead to disorder. The facts have shown that he was right,'" he said.

"We are receiving thousands of new members, tens of thousands of e- mails. All of our offices are submerged, we don't know how to respond because we don't have the staff to reply to the wave of people who, 95 percent of them, salute and approve our positions," he added.

Le Pen gave no specifics on the number of new members, but the party's top official for new memberships said the figure was closer to 1,000 and that they were requests to join.

Le Pen stunned many in France and shocked Europe by making it through to the second round of the last presidential elections in 2002. But he was soundly defeated in a runoff against President Jacques Chirac.

Le Pen said he is "more than ever" determined to run again in 2007.

"If there were presidential elections now, my chances would be increased tenfold," he said

I support this.

Great article, coming from a Business outlet that sees cheap labor is a farce.

[QUOTE]Our streets are not on fire. But our border guards are under fire, and every day brings reports of crimes by people who shouldn't be here, of hospitals closing and of school systems straining under the weight of illegal immigration.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.investors.com/editorial/IBDArticles.asp?artsec=20&artnum=3&issue=20051109[/url]

[QUOTE=Riggins44]Great article, coming from a Business outlet that sees cheap labor is a farce.

[url]http://www.investors.com/editorial/IBDArticles.asp?artsec=20&artnum=3&issue=20051109[/url][/QUOTE]

I knew you would weigh in on this thread.

:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin]Le Pen said people with immigrant backgrounds who commit crimes should be stripped of their French nationality and sent "back to their country of origin."

Reminded that the vast majority of youths taking part in the arson and rioting are French, born in France to immigrant parents, he said: "What does that mean? Are they French because they have a French identity card?"

French nationality should be given only to those who ask for it and "who are worthy of it," he said. "Those who got nationality automatically, who don't consider themselves French and who even say publicly that they consider France their enemy should not be treated as French."
    [/QUOTE]

This frog would get my vote and undying support for these sentiments alone. And yes (to respond in advance to the inevitable reply), I will cut my own lawn. And maybe even grow my own vegetables.

You knew I would Jetcane....Actually, JC, it's weird because the liberal U.S media (including Fox News) seems to be blaming the people of France, who are getting their houses torched daily, for the problem.....I guess, in the media's warped mind, the French didn't give their unasked for guests enough "perks" :huh:

Shakin, an Arizona farmer recently told a Tucson paper if he didn't get enough illegals to slave for him and other pr!cks like him, lettuce would go to $20 dollars per head.

A college study showed that for lettuce to reach $20 per head due to labor costs, workers would need to make about $1,000 per hr......At that salary, I would walk to Cali to pick lettuce for a few months at a time each season and be so happy to do it :D

Point? Isn't it weird how this disimformation gets out and the media slime eat it up with a spoon?

Farmer tells paper that without illegals, our economy collapes and the paper prints it as fact :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Riggins44]You knew I would Jetcane....Actually, JC, it's weird because the liberal U.S media (including Fox News) seems to be blaming the people of France, who are getting their houses torched daily, for the problem.....I guess, in the media's warped mind, the French didn't give their unasked for guests enough "perks" :huh:

Shakin, an Arizona farmer recently told a Tucson paper if he didn't get enough illegals to slave for him and other pr!cks like him, lettuce would go to $20 dollars per head.

A college study showed that for lettuce to reach $20 per head due to labor costs, workers would need to make about $1,000 per hr......At that salary, I would walk to Cali to pick lettuce for a few months at a time each season and be so happy to do it :D

Point? Isn't it weird how this disimformation gets out and the media slime eat it up with a spoon?

Farmer tells paper that without illegals, our economy collapes and the paper prints it as fact :eek:[/QUOTE]

This is because journalists and people in general just aren't as educated as they used to be, so they aren't skeptical enough and they tend to believe whatever people tell them, especially if the person telling them some fact is perceived to be an authority on whatever the subject matter happens to be. I don't think this particular journalist is "lying" or anything, they are likely just ignorant. They were probably a journalism major with an English or Creative Writing minor and have no background in economics of finance or any science to speak of, aside from basic things "learned" in high school. So they don't check or question things before they print them and the people reading it are just as ignorant and think that if it's in the paper, it must be true.

This is the "cost" of substituting soft curriculums and "inclusive" academic programs, and worrying about students' self-esteem, rather than their performance and aptitude. Little things like this trickle in.

It used to be that "educated" people had a general body of knowledge that would have included enough familiarity with economics, math and finance to question a transparently absurd thing like that. Not anymore....

BTW - I agree with this thread, 10000%.

[QUOTE=Riggins44]You knew I would Jetcane....Actually, JC, it's weird because the liberal U.S media (including Fox News) seems to be blaming the people of France, who are getting their houses torched daily, for the problem.....I guess, in the media's warped mind, the French didn't give their unasked for guests enough "perks" :huh:

:[/QUOTE]

Based on what i have seen/read/heard, it's the classic case of the liberal/intellectual media types blaming the oppressors, who have kept these ghetto dwellers living in squallor, with no prosepects, no hope, and therefore no alternative but to burn the whole effin country down.

I'm not buying it for a minute.

France, who has obviously opposed the US actions against muzlim countries, has a large muzlim population. Maybe the frogs thought that by opposing the WOT, their muzzie population would not rebel. They were wrong.

Although I disagree with France' politics, part of me feels sympathetic to them, because I dont see the good in torching people's property and shooting at the police. Muzzies do not respect any society or government who does not share their allah akbar philosophy, and the price you pay for allowing dissidents into the country, who have no intention of assimilating with the host culture, is that they will eventually clash with the establishment.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Riggins44]Shakin, an Arizona farmer recently told a Tucson paper if he didn't get enough illegals to slave for him and other pr!cks like him, lettuce would go to $20 dollars per head.

[/QUOTE]

I guess he could use his other option, wait for the government to pay him to keep his lands fallow. How has this country survived for nearly 250 years? :rolleyes:

I just came across this article, so i figured i would stick it here.

Insurance Woes, Illegal Aliens Linked By KEVIN FREKING, Associated Press Writer
    1 hour, 24 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The increase in the number of people without health insurance has occurred largely because of illegal immigration, a study found.

ADVERTISEMENT

Researchers at the RAND Corporation, a nonpartisan think tank, analyzed data received from about 2,400 people in Los Angeles County in 2000 and 2001, and applied that information to the nation's undocumented population at large.

The number of uninsured adults in the United States grew by about 8.7 million between 1980 and 2000. If the trend for Los Angeles County held true for the rest of the country, about a third of that growth can be attributable to illegal immigrants.

The study does not diminish the severity of the problem of the uninsured. Nor does it call for some sort of health insurance coverage for illegals.

"That's where I don't go," said James Smith, a senior economist at RAND. "That's not a scientific question."

Rather, the study shows that any meaningful impact on reducing the number of uninsured has to take into account the issue of illegal immigration, he said.

"There are pros and cons of providing insurance to the undocumented that should be debated openly," he said. "Undocumented immigrants make up too much of the issue to be ignored or hidden by polite silence."

The study also indicates that, since the number of illegal immigrants is growing rapidly, "we can expect that the uninsured population is going to grow rapidly as well," said another study co-author, Neeraj Sood.

The researchers said about one in five illegal immigrant adults have some health insurance coverage through their work, but virtually none of them purchase it on their own. Also, they rarely make use of public insurance through programs such as Medicaid.

The study was published in the journal Health Affairs.

___

On the Net:

Health Affairs: [url]http://www.healthaffairs.org[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

close the borders!
    another argument in favor

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/11/20/151654.shtml[/url]

Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005 3:15 p.m. EST
    Al-Qaida Operative Nabbed Near Mexican Border

An al-Qaida operative who was on the FBI's terrorist watch list was recently captured near the Mexican border, housed in a Texas jail and turned over to federal agents, Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas, said on Friday.

"A confirmed al-Qaida terrorist, an Iraqi national, was held in the Brewster County jail," Rep. Culberson told ABC Radio host Sean Hannity. "He was captured in Mexico. This was within the last six weeks. He was turned over to the FBI."

The Texas Republican said he obtained the stunning information about the terrorist's capture "from the sheriffs who were directly involved.

"In fact, one was the sheriff who incarcerated him in the Brewster County jail [and who] confirmed this as well," he explained. The same sheriff also confirmed "that this guy is on the FBI's al-Qaida list," he added.

The al-Qaida operative "had been in Mexico, living just about 60 miles east of El Paso," Rep. Culberson said. "He was captured in a little town called El Porvenir, right across from Fort Hancock."

Rep. Culberson said the detainee had been living in Mexico for up to a year, where the terrorist "was taking careful notes on the movement of people, police officers, wildlife, etc."

The Iraqi national "had apparently aggravated a neighbor in Mexico, who turned him in to Mexican authorities," he explained. Mexican officials then turned him over to the U.S. officials, who temporarily housed him in the Brewster County jail.

Asked why this news hadn't been reported earlier, Culberson told Hannity, "That's a very good question and one that I intend to get to the bottom of in my subcommittee."

Rep. Culberson sits on the appropriations subcommittee with jurisdiction over the FBI and the Department of Justice. "I guarantee that we're going to get to the bottom of this," he pledged.

He said FBI Director Robert Mueller had previously "confirmed" in testimony before his committee "that there are individuals from countries with known al-Qaida connections who are changing their Islamic surnames to Hispanic-sounding names and obtaining false Hispanic identities, learning to speak Spanish and pretending to be Hispanic immigrants."

"And these are clearly Arab terrorists," Rep. Culberson added, "from countries like Yemen, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. They're crossing the border, pretending to be Hispanic immigrants, and then disappearing."

Rep. Culberson said news of al-Qaida's penetration of the U.S.'s southern border has him worried that the next terrorist plot could involve setting off simultaneous truck bombs in major urban centers.

"The day they blow us up," he predicted, "the border will be sealed tighter than the Berlin Wall and you'll have armed United States military forces" enforcing immigration laws.

Jets Insider VIP
    If we can't close the borders, give illegals the right to vote! Viva la revolucion!

Idiots. :steamin:

you guys are blaming liberal media, meanwhile who controls every aspect of government from the executive to the legislature to the judicary??

ill give you all a hint it's not the Liberals. These people control nothing (except maybe the press - maybe) yet somehow in this forum they are the root of all evil. The conservatives have been running the show uncontested for 5 years while the DNC is on the verge of complete breakdown, if you have a problem with border policy you know who to blame.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti]you guys are blaming liberal media, meanwhile who controls every aspect of government from the executive to the legislature to the judicary??

ill give you all a hint it's not the Liberals. These people control nothing (except maybe the press - maybe) yet somehow in this forum they are the root of all evil. The conservatives have been running the show uncontested for 5 years while the DNC is on the verge of complete breakdown, if you have a problem with border policy you know who to blame.[/QUOTE]

1 example: Newsday and The Workplace Project's relationship is practically incestuous. There's so much @$$kissing, there's no shortage of brown noses.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I'm not blaming anyone, liberal or otherwise. I want the powers that be to get together and shut the borders. No politics, just shut 'em.