Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally, completely, undeniably, screwed next year as well

Exclamation Totally, completely, undeniably, screwed next year as well

The Jets have no room for any major free agent moves, signed a weak-armed glass QB to a long-term high money deal who never warranted it except in 1 game and depended on a 32 yr. old RB, a 34 yr. old C, a 30+ yr. old LG, and a 32 yr. old LT to lead their offense to the promised land with virtually no depth behind any of these guys.

Jay Fiedler isn't depth, he's old and is a never-was. He's garbage. You don't back up an injury prone QB coming off rotator cuff surgery with an injury prone QB (Fiedler couldn't stay healthy last year, hence the Feeley trade). It's a wonder Brooks Bollinger lasted in the NFL as long as he has. Obviously he doesn't belong here. Vinny Testaverde doesn't salvage seasons, he ruins them.

So this team has to cut all of these guys next year and start over right?
    Not possible, they lose $26+ million in salary cap penalties next year WITHOUT EVEN MAKING 1 MOVE THIS OFFSEASON. This means our team next year will resemble something like this.

QB-Whatever trash they bring in to keep the spot warm for Penny
    RB-Houston or Blaylock
    FB-Askew (Sowell is a free agent)
    WR-McCareins
    WR-Cotchery
    TE-Baker? Jolley?
    LT-Cavka
    LG-(Insert 3rd or 4th Round Draft pick)
    C-Goodwin
    RG-Moore
    RT-Jones

LE-Trevor Johnson
    DT-Pouha
    DT-Reed
    RE-Ellis (Thomas if they can afford to keep him and cut Ellis)
    LOLB-Hobson
    MLB-Vilma (If he doesn't commit suicide b4 that)
    ROLB-Brown
    CB-Barrett
    CB-Miller
    CB-Strait (Bye Ty, too much moolah man!)
    SS-Rhodes (if he doesn't have Vilma shoot him b4 he kills himself)
    FS-Coleman (See Rhodes above)

K-Whoever they use their 1st round pick on to replace Nugent
    P-Ben Graham (only bright spot)

I predict they draft a kicker with their 1st rounder, and trade their 2nd and 3rd rounders to the colts for their 2-5th round picks and draft crap o-lineman and a WR related to Terrell Owens, whose about as good as McCareins but talks as much sh** as TO.

Herm gets fired, Bradway stays and we are swamped in another Dark Age for the next 4 years.

We will welcome in our new "home" with a 1-15 or 2-14 campaign.

As I said in a prior post, learn to embrace the losing, when you expect it, the wins are surprising......The past few years have been an aberration....

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9
    The Jets have no room for any major free agent moves, signed a weak-armed glass QB to a long-term high money deal who never warranted it except in 1 game and depended on a 32 yr. old RB, a 34 yr. old C, a 30+ yr. old LG, and a 32 yr. old LT to lead their offense to the promised land with virtually no depth behind any of these guys.

Jay Fiedler isn't depth, he's old and is a never-was. He's garbage. You don't back up an injury prone QB coming off rotator cuff surgery with an injury prone QB (Fiedler couldn't stay healthy last year, hence the Feeley trade). It's a wonder Brooks Bollinger lasted in the NFL as long as he has. Obviously he doesn't belong here. Vinny Testaverde doesn't salvage seasons, he ruins them.

Not possible, they lose $26+ million in salary cap penalties next year WITHOUT EVEN MAKING 1 MOVE THIS OFFSEASON. This means our team next year will resemble something like this.

RB-Houston or Blaylock
    WR-McCareins
    WR-Cotchery
    TE-Baker? Jolley?
    LT-Cavka
    C-Goodwin
    RG-Moore
    RT-Jones

LE-Trevor Johnson
    DT-Pouha
    DT-Reed
    LOLB-Hobson
    ROLB-Brown
    CB-Barrett
    CB-Miller

I predict they draft a kicker with their 1st rounder, and trade their 2nd and 3rd rounders to the colts for their 2-5th round picks and draft crap o-lineman and a WR related to Terrell Owens, whose about as good as McCareins but talks as much sh** as TO.

Herm gets fired, Bradway stays and we are swamped in another Dark Age for the next 4 years.

As I said in a prior post, learn to embrace the losing, when you expect it, the wins are surprising......The past few years have been an aberration....
    Come on now??? You know very well that Jet fans will have themselves convinced they are going to the Super Bowl two days after the season is over.

Proof to my Pudding

Jets All-Time Franchise Record at the Beginning of the 2005 Season:

241-308-2

More than 60 Games under .500 all-time....that means:

you would need roughly 4 undefeated seasons to be a respectable ball club....

LOOK IT UP:
    http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...ranchise_id=22

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Come on now??? You know very well that Jet fans will have themselves convinced they are going to the Super Bowl two days after the season is over.

see. you even think like a jets fan.

I will stop bothering and making fun if you just admint once...

you love the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada
    see. you even think like a jets fan.

I will stop bothering and making fun if you just admint once...

you love the jets.
    I'm starting to realize that I don't love them....
    I have a mental disorder is probably more accurate

This thread belongs on the local dump.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    This thread belongs on the local dump.........
    Why because the truth hurts?

All Pro

RB-Houston or Blaylock
    WR-McCareins
    WR-Cotchery
    TE-Baker? Jolley?
    LT-Cavka
    C-Goodwin
    RG-Moore
    RT-Jones

LE-Trevor Johnson
    DT-Pouha
    DT-Reed
    LOLB-Hobson
    ROLB-Brown
    CB-Barrett
    CB-Miller

this is the most unrealistic outlook for next year, i hope you're just joking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    this is the most unrealistic outlook for next year, i hope you're just joking around.
    $26 Million in Cap Penalties is a joke, that means that the Jets Salary Cap is roughly $26 Million less than the rest of the NFL, is this hard to understand?

They will barely be able to fill their roster, much less field a competitive team.

Terry Bradway is a full, total, and unequivocal disaster the team is buried under cap penalties and it will take more penalties through cuts in '06 to get under the cap that will affect the '07 cap as well. You're all looking at a 3 year building process. Even if they end up with the #2 pick overall next year, they HAVE TO trade it or cut every other decent player on the roster to accomodate the #2 overall pick's salary demands.....

But once again, please refer to the above link and all-time Record, they speak for themselves. Do not expect a winner and you will be happy. Just treat them like Chicago treats the Cubs....

so in your eyes the jets are basically not gonna get 1 free agent or draft anyone.(except a LG) plus you have us loosing solid playmakers like dewayne, abe, and barton, yet u have us not getting 1 FA. the jets will retool and make things work. but your outlook on next year is pretty retarded

$26 Million in Cap Penalties is a joke, that means that the Jets Salary Cap is roughly $26 Million less than the rest of the NFL, is this hard to understand?

They will barely be able to fill their roster, much less field a competitive team.

Terry Bradway is a full, total, and unequivocal disaster the team is buried under cap penalties and it will take more penalties through cuts in '06 to get under the cap that will affect the '07 cap as well. You're all looking at a 3 year building process. Even if they end up with the #2 pick overall next year, they HAVE TO trade it or cut every other decent player on the roster to accomodate the #2 overall pick's salary demands.....

But once again, please refer to the above link and all-time Record, they speak for themselves. Do not expect a winner and you will be happy. Just treat them like Chicago treats the Cubs....

Did you get in a fight with your girlfriend or something?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

All Pro

half the players you see getting cut are cheaper to keep them at this time. DRob, Ellis, Nugent, Coles, they are all on the team next year. Might be some restructuring with DRob or something, but none of those players are cutable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilma4Prez
    so in your eyes the jets are basically not gonna get 1 free agent or draft anyone.(except a LG) plus you have us loosing solid playmakers like dewayne, abe, and barton, yet u have us not getting 1 FA. the jets will retool and make things work. but your outlook on next year is pretty retarded
    I didn't say none, they still have to fill out a roster, but, unfortunately, all the listed are most likely gone. The Jets have no leeway, and chained themselves to Pennington and bestowed huge, unwarranted 1st round contracts on Thomas and Robertson, the former not deserving to be a 1st round draft pick, the latter being drafted far too high for his size and being a "project"....especially when gamebreakers like Vince Wilfork were available later on. These are not wise moves here.

Additionally, never call me retarded again unless you can spell the word "losing"

All Pro
    Margate Fl soon to be Ocala FL by way of Da Bronx
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta

It's ok Shasta you too will be stating that with the Pats as well . Look at the bright side you and Patsfantx will be here 1 hour after the season ends ribbing the Jets Fans

Jets Insider VIP
    Buddy......you are a dingbat. The Jets plan on trashing players that are signed to contracts next year (Ellis, Coles, among others)? We giving Abe away for free? Plan on skipping the draft all together? None of the players on IR will come back and contribute next year? Contracts won't be renegotiated?

So, we are having a crappy year, we've lost key players week in and week out. The earth has not stopped rotating and the Jets will field a competitive team again next year. In the mean time, find something else to do. You obviously can not deal with the horrors of this season (can't say that I blame you on that one).

But please.........stop posting dumb threads!

waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa the jets arent good...mommy change my diaper waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa....take it like a man u *****.

I didn't say none, they still have to fill out a roster, but, unfortunately, all the listed are most likely gone. The Jets have no leeway, and chained themselves to Pennington and bestowed huge, unwarranted 1st round contracts on Thomas and Robertson, the former not deserving to be a 1st round draft pick, the latter being drafted far too high for his size and being a "project"....especially when gamebreakers like Vince Wilfork were available later on. These are not wise moves here.

Additionally, never call me retarded again unless you can spell the word "losing"
    u got me there, but it is a hard word to type.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac
    half the players you see getting cut are cheaper to keep them at this time. DRob, Ellis, Nugent, Coles, they are all on the team next year. Might be some restructuring with DRob or something, but none of those players are cutable.
    I was joking about Nugent, although he is truly awful for a kicker drafted that high. But yes, I think that what you see above is pretty realistic, the team will have to cut them to be able to sign people to fill other holes like the huge hole where Abraham used to be. And what proof do you have that they would be cheaper to keep?

Show me. I know for a fact that the Jets will be paying $26 million in penalties next year.....

Quote Originally Posted by TexJet
    Buddy......you are a dingbat. The Jets plan on trashing players that are signed to contracts next year (Ellis, Coles, among others)? We giving Abe away for free? Plan on skipping the draft all together? None of the players on IR will come back and contribute next year? Contracts won't be renegotiated?

So, we are having a crappy year, we've lost key players week in and week out. The earth has not stopped rotating and the Jets will field a competitive team again next year. In the mean time, find something else to do. You obviously can not deal with the horrors of this season (can't say that I blame you on that one).

But please.........stop posting dumb threads!
    It's not dumb man, run a yahoo on what team in the NFL has the most salary cap penalties next year and what their payroll figures to be. They are over the cap, and why would you rework contracts on something that is now proven with an exclamation point not to work....

YOU HAVE TO BLOW IT ALL UP