Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats Wrong with Cutting and Running

[QUOTE][B]When people like Podhoertx or Hayes write eloquent pieces arguing an opposing view, you dismiss them out of hand, which is unfortunate[/B][/QUOTE]

Hayes' book is almost entirely based on intelligence gathered from Ibn Al-Shaykh al-Libi which was found to be unreliable by a recently declassified Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) document from 2002. That document said al-Libi was "intentionally misleading" his interrogators and may have been "describing scenarios to the debriefers that he knows will retain their interest." You call that eloquent? I dismiss him because his claims have no legitimate backing.
    [B]
    [QUOTE]A majority of Americans believe in Creationism, does that make it true?[/B][/QUOTE]

No it does not. Likewise When Bush took us to war a majority of Americans were for it and you used that to your advantage. Also you use the 2004 election (nothing more than a poll)as a validation of Bush and his policies by the American people. So whats your point. I know the War in Iraq is wrong, I dont need polls to support this. But the polls are indicators of the pulse of Americans and since this is still a democracy, polls are suggestions of thing that might come

[QUOTE][B]You are simply more arrogant and close-minded than I am.[/B][/QUOTE]

At least you finally admit that you are arrogant and closed minded

[[QUOTE]B]What's wrong with businessmen? My God, PLEASE tell me you aren't some dude who hates capitalism or thinks that profit is evil or that corporations are bad things. [/B[/QUOTE]]

Businessmen have one goal , to make a profit. That comes at all costs. It does not belong in government. Government is here to serve the greater need for the greatest number of people. Whenever businessmen get into politics, only a few people profit while most are left behind.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7][]

Businessmen have one goal , to make a profit. That comes at all costs. It does not belong in government. Government is here to serve the greater need for the greatest number of people. Whenever businessmen get into politics, only a few people profit while most are left behind.[/QUOTE]

You have a cartoonish understanding of the world. Your complete failure to grasp the concept of profits is appalling. I have watsed far too much time pretending you are a worthy opponent.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Hayes' book is almost entirely based on intelligence gathered from Ibn Al-Shaykh al-Libi which was found to be unreliable by a recently declassified Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) document from 2002. That document said al-Libi was "intentionally misleading" his interrogators and may have been "describing scenarios to the debriefers that he knows will retain their interest." You call that eloquent? I dismiss him because his claims have no legitimate backing.
    [B]

[/QUOTE]

Wrong and wrong.

I never once said that the Iraq War was right because the majority of people supported it. You are a child, lashing out at those with whom you disagree. You are not credible. If George Bush said 2+2=4, you'd be screaming at me and posting a link to some leftist site that "proved" that he was wrong. I find it ironic that a person who wants Bush impeached for "ignoring" evidence can so easily and smugly ignore evidence himself, when that evidence is annoyingly contrary to his view of the world. Chirp, chirp, chirp.
    Last edited by jets5ever; 11-22-2005 at 07:44 PM.

[QUOTE][B]You are a child.
    You are not credible.
    You have a cartoonish understanding of the world. [/B] [/QUOTE]

J5E , these are great responses. You are by far the most brilliant mind on this site. We are all so much better now that you have shown your light of wisdom on us.

[QUOTE]Hayes' book is almost entirely based on intelligence gathered from Ibn Al-Shaykh al-Libi which was found to be unreliable by a recently declassified Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) document from 2002. That document said al-Libi was "intentionally misleading" his interrogators and may have been "describing scenarios to the debriefers that he knows will retain their interest." You call that eloquent? I dismiss him because his claims have no legitimate backing.

[B]Wrong and wrong[/B][/QUOTE]

What is wrong , champ?

[QUOTE][B] I find it ironic that a person who wants Bush impeached for "ignoring" evidence can so easily and smugly ignore evidence himself[/B][/QUOTE]

I dont ignore anything. Your so called "evidence" has no basis in reality. No matter how many times you keep repeating the same BS, its simply has no credibility to suppory it.

[QUOTE][B]You have a cartoonish understanding of the world.[/B][/QUOTE]

This is just too funny.
    What understanding do you have of the world? Huh? Where have you been? Who have you met? What have you accomplished ? You are a child.You have some nerve lecturing me about understanding the world. You are a silly little boy. A caricature of the "Ugly American" sterotype. Refusing to see the world beyond your red , white, and blue glasses. Understanding the world..... what a joke!

Hall Of Fame
    Kenny, you made a ridiculous statement about "corporate businessmen" and profit. You clearly don't fully understand the concept of profits - you have a cartoonish understanding of them. No one who knows even remedial economics would say anything that stupid. You should be embarassed for writing in such a way. That's the type of thing community-college freshmen talk about, and think it's profound or insightful. I am honestly embarassed for you, it was that immature.
    Last edited by jets5ever; 11-23-2005 at 09:29 AM.

[QUOTE][B]Kenny, you made a ridiculous statement about "corporate businessmen" and profit. You clearly don't fully understand the concept of profits - you have a cartoonish understanding of them. No one who knows even remedial economics would say anything that stupid. You should be embarassed for writing in such a way. That's the type of thing community-college freshmen talk about, and think it's profound or insightful. I am honestly embarassed for you, it was that immature.[/B][/QUOTE]

[B]JFE[/B]

I think part of your problem is you have been sitting behind your desk in your nice office with your economic theories and have not had enough direct human contact with people who are suffering and strugling with life. Your perception of our world is what is immature. No , i never even took an intro to economics course (it wasnt required and being a Chemistry major I had enough classes to keep me busy). What I do know is that most businessmen will not place the following above profit making:

- higher minimum wages
    - better/safer work environment
    - guaranteed free health insurance for all workers
    - environmental regulations
    - work hour regulations
    - disability

These are issues that affect the everyday lives of the average worker. Do you have any idea what its like to have a job paying $9/hour with no health insurance while supporting a wife and two kids? How many people do you know in that situation?

Most businessmen couldnt give two sh!ts about this guy so long as hes productive at work and not hurting their profits. Thats reality my friend. You dont learn that in Economics class at an ivy league school. You learn thatthrough life experiences which based on your postings, you have very little of.