Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys all seriousness: How did it get THIS BAD?

Guys all seriousness: How did it get THIS BAD?

We were a good team last year. Say what you will about Herm, Bradway whatever. We were a top 6 team in the league last year. How did it get this bad? The easy answer is QB and turnovers. I guess that is true. It was bad even w/o the QB situation, though. The KC game was no fluke. What happened??

Jets are cursed. They also went 10-6 with a pretty soft schedule in 04.

Take a look at our schedule last season. We had a cakewalk to start the season. We lost an OT, a young back, our only breakaway player on offense.

We dont have a QB, RB or oline. We also need a coach with half a clue.

We have a GM who decides to send our first pick for a tight end who can barely get on the field. A guy who spends early picks on kickers. A guy who trades away the farm for a DT who has the motivation of a wet fart. Picks backup fullbacks in early rounds. Picks Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed.

All League
    It went downhill when Woody signed the contract with New Jersey, sealing our fate for permanent residency there and breaking his promise ;)

herm. that's all that needs to be said.

how can you blame this disaster on herm, he is not throwing picks and missing blocks, you people are morons.

the reason its this bad is because we have no QB our team is banged up and the team is basicaly coasting to the offseason.

Is Robertson really the problem, Matt? Some of your other points are valid but I'mnot sure about Robertson.

[QUOTE=emslave]how can you blame this disaster on herm, he is not throwing picks and missing blocks, you people are morons.

the reason its this bad is because we have no QB our team is banged up and the team is basicaly coasting to the offseason.[/QUOTE]

No the people who are morons are the ones that are happy to go along getting our asses kicked in an embarrasing fashion and giving people totally free passes for injuries. Should we be contending for a super bowl or even the playoffs? No, should the Jets at least be putting up a miniscule amount of resistance? Yes. I suppose you can excuse all the crappy coaches of all the losing teams in the NFL ever because they had some injuries. This team is not in full rebuild mode like the niners, they should not be getting blown away each game.

[QUOTE=Matt39]Take a look at our schedule last season. We had a cakewalk to start the season. We lost an OT, a young back, our only breakaway player on offense.

We dont have a QB, RB or oline. We also need a coach with half a clue.

We have a GM who decides to send our first pick for a tight end who can barely get on the field. A guy who spends early picks on kickers. A guy who trades away the farm for a DT who has the motivation of a wet fart. Picks backup fullbacks in early rounds. Picks Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed.[/QUOTE]
    .... and lets not leave out the fact Bradway let go of Jordan, Moss, Ferguson and McKenzie... then picked up Blaylock then... drafted Pauha, a 26 yr old player out of a garbage school... in the 3rd round no less, while Marion Barber was still available!!! Barber BTW scored 2 tds today.

[QUOTE=LesterLyles]Is Robertson really the problem, Matt? Some of your other points are valid but I'mnot sure about Robertson.[/QUOTE]

Robertson's a decent player. But can you honestly say he was worth what we gave up to get him?

Robertson was the 4th pick in the draft! He deserves to be out under the microscope. The whole he gets "triple teamed" every play is getting tired. The guy to me, is your run of the mill NFL defensive tackle.

[QUOTE=LesterLyles]Is Robertson really the problem, Matt? Some of your other points are valid but I'mnot sure about Robertson.[/QUOTE]
    he is PART of the problem.... I can't remember the last tackle he made this season... with Ellis ans Abe on the same line... a #4 over all pick sould be making some plays... no??? To think of what we could have had with 2 first rounders!

i dont think anyone can disagree that we are the worst team in the league with all these injuries...today and last week were the two most pathetic displays i have witnessed...if we played the texans this year theyd beat us...we are going to have pick #1 or two without a doubt in mind..the only game we have a slight chance of winning is sunday night vs the saints and only cuz its home..3-13 final record...WELCOME REGGIE BUSH

Banned
    How can anyone say Herm should stay now? What I saw today was a team that is lifeless.

[B]He's totally lost this team. Keeping Herm will be a bigger mistake than any other move this organization has ever made. Mark my words.[/B]

All I hear is injuries this and injuries that. So what's the defense's excuse? Their injuries have been light, unless you feel Eric Barton is the cog to our defense. They've gone back to their 2003 ways, being unable to stop anything, either on the ground or in the air. Special teams has been another disaster, with the fumbles, etc.

It's been poor play from top to bottom, and for that you have to blame the coaching.

No team can compete with no QB. On top of that only one O lineman playing where he started the season. Remember Atlanta 2 years ago and that was only with the loss of Vick. This team has been killed by injuries.

Guys the thing that has absolutely killed us is turnovers. The games that have been absolute embarrasements were turnover fests, mainly due to 3 people: Vinny (atlanta and today), Bollnger (Carolina) and Justin Miller (Careless rookie). The one game recently that we did not turn the ball over was a decent game w/ a chance to win (SD).

What does this mean to me? Things are never as bad as they are or good as they are. This is a fact! Whether the T.Os are a result of abd coaching during the week? Who knows. But there is talent on this team andsome chaneges here and there and this team can win again next season.

We can blame the D all we want but its hard to play well when your O keeps giving the other team the ball.

We can blame our WRs and TEs all we want but look who they have throwing the ball.

IMO, the 3 things the Jets have to address somehow is QB, RB and OL. the other parts, when healthy are good enough to win games!

The coach and GM will have one more year. If you think the Jets are THAT bad that we won't make the playoffs next year, you will all get your wish and herm will be gone.

[QUOTE=LesterLyles]

What does this mean to me? Things are never as bad as they are or good as they are. This is a fact! QUOTE]

Usually I agree with this. Not this season though, We are THAT bad.

Weve been outscored what this season in the 1st quarter, 61-7? Its pathetic.

Banned
    [QUOTE=LesterLyles]

We were a good team last year.

[/QUOTE]

See, right there is the problem.

The Jets were [B]NOT[/B] a very good team last year.

Backing into the playoffs and getting beat before the AFC championship game is not a very good team.

Same old Jets.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX]See, right there is the problem.

The Jets were [B]NOT[/B] a very good team last year.

Backing into the playoffs and getting beat before the AFC championship game is not a very good team.

Same old Jets.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I said "good" and not "very good". I truly feel they were a top 6 team. The VG teams are top 4.

[QUOTE=sourceworx]How can anyone say Herm should stay now? What I saw today was a team that is lifeless.

[B]He's totally lost this team. Keeping Herm will be a bigger mistake than any other move this organization has ever made. Mark my words.[/B][/QUOTE]

i think herm's situation is like that of doug brien's after last year. each may not have been totally to blame for the collapse but they are the ones who'll take the fall. herm's conservative nature put brien in an unenviable position last year and he choked. herm isn't the one making the mistakes out on the field but his decisions MIGHT ultimately be the reason. it's just time to move on.