Thread: Well Woody what are you gonna do?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Woody what are you gonna do?

It's on you-who is held to account for what has happened to YOUR team-not Bradways and certainly NOT Herm's team.We deserve better than this-this is THE WORST JETS TEAM IN OUR HISTORY.I would be happy to see Herman Edwards fired tomorrow-won't happen but it should.Kotite was fired after his debacle why not Herman Edwards?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SoFlaJets]It's on you-who is held to account for what has happened to YOUR team-not Bradways and certainly NOT Herm's team.We deserve better than this-this is THE WORST JETS TEAM IN OUR HISTORY.I would be happy to see Herman Edwards fired tomorrow-won't happen but it should.Kotite was fired after his debacle why not Herman Edwards?[/QUOTE]

tru

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sell Sell Sell

It would be nice if Woody would talk to the fans - let us know that we are impt to him. I get the vibes with him it was all about the West Side Stadium and having his monument built in the City and when that went down he just took the easy way out to stay in Jersey. Never looked at Queens seriously. Only used all of us fans as a bargaining chip.

Please do us a favor and sell if you have lost heart. Don't stick us in the Jersey swamps for generations with lousy teams.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]It would be nice if Woody would talk to the fans - let us know that we are impt to him. I get the vibes with him it was all about the West Side Stadium and having his monument built in the City and when that went down he just took the easy way out to stay in Jersey. Never looked at Queens seriously. Only used all of us fans as a bargaining chip.

Please do us a favor and sell if you have lost heart. Don't stick us in the Jersey swamps for generations with lousy teams.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you just figured this out? Figured out that Woody wanted to spend milliions to get a stadium in Manhattan and then took the backup plan in New Jersey when New York rejected him?

No one looked at Queens seriously. It's a lousy place for an NFL team. Manhattan? That's the crown-jewel of NFL franchise opportunity. Damned smart to take a shot at that brass ring. But Queens? It's worse than New Jersey on many levels- parking, highways, exit ramps, odor, prostitutes, etc.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I]Wow, you just figured this out? Figured out that Woody wanted to spend milliions to get a stadium in Manhattan and then took the backup plan in New Jersey when New York rejected him?

No one looked at Queens seriously. It's a lousy place for an NFL team. Manhattan? That's the crown-jewel of NFL franchise opportunity. Damned smart to take a shot at that brass ring. But Queens? It's worse than New Jersey on many levels- parking, highways, exit ramps, odor, prostitutes, etc.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I notice how you put "oder" right next to "prostitutes" ...coincidence?...I THINK NOT!!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    he is going to have a BABY!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beats hangin out with smelly prostitutes...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Brenjetsfan]he is going to have a BABY!!!![/QUOTE]
    Who?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Chill!

I think its safe to say we are having some bad luck this year.I mean we have like 10 season ending injuries or something like that.Is that Herms fault too????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I]Wow, you just figured this out? Figured out that Woody wanted to spend milliions to get a stadium in Manhattan and then took the backup plan in New Jersey when New York rejected him?

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Are we saying the hookers in queens are not up to the same standard as the hookers in New Jersey? Or the other way around.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Mulligan

No one is more disappointed in today's effort than I am. But, Herm Edwards is deserving of a mulligan this year.

Face the facts, he has been a generally successful NFL head coach. I know his record is .500, but his teams are USUALLY among the least penalized, hardest working teams in the League.

This is just one of those years, folks. Injuries rule (Didn't we have a change in the traning/conditioning staff this off season? Also, Heimerdinger isn't a fit;his schemes are too complex). Stop driving yourselves crazy because Bradway and Edwards are back next year. Our focus should be on evaluating existing talent (Kingsbury, Dressen, Miller, etc) and finishing ahead of the friggin' Dolphins.

Now, Herm develops separation anxiety when faced with getting rid of over the hill players. He must get over that and say goodbye to: Vinny (duh); Curtis; T Law; Fabini (who should have been gone 2 years ago); Jolley (Oakland is still laughing about that one); and McCareins.

Bradway needs to sign Abraham immediately. He's part of the solution, not the problem. And depending on the draft order, lets shake up the world and draft Vince Young!
    Last edited by NoJokeJets; 11-20-2005 at 10:40 PM. Reason: additional comments

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been 8 seasons since the franchise has been an "embarassment." Even in 2003 and a 6-10 record, the franchise wasn't an "embarrassment." Now the Jets are. People talk about the injuries but the team is a -9 in turnovers this season and it will only get worse. Remember the KC (when everyone was healthy) and the team had a ton of fumbles?

The team hasn't scored a TD is over two games and have been blown out. I'm sorry, but I really didn't see a motivated team out there. Again, they were outscored in the 1st quarter (68-7 on the season). We have to see how long Woody is comfortable with owning an "embarrassing team." When he's no longer comfortable, people may begin to be held accountable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that Queens has it over NJ in all aspects - including our hookers. Might be a better investment and a nicer way to spend an afternoon than season tickets in the swamp.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mountain Man Jet Fan]I think its safe to say we are having some bad luck this year.I mean we have like 10 season ending injuries or something like that.Is that Herms fault too????[/QUOTE]
    I said it before but Herm chased John Lott away this year and there are a lot of injuries. He has been here since 97 and I dont remember as many injuries as now. And the same could be said for Bellecheck. He let Willie ? Parker go after 5 years and there injuries have gotten even worse.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    all i know is that there is alot of pissed off fans and there will be alot more at the end of the season so Woodrow better do something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait List

The whole problem with the Jets is the wait list for season tickets. They sell out all the time, and if people don't renew their tickets they have people waiting for them. Woody has no financial incentive. All he wants is more luxury boxes to make more $. That's why he can tell the fans to take a flying leap and resign up in the swamp.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SoFlaJets]It's on you-who is held to account for what has happened to YOUR team-not Bradways and certainly NOT Herm's team.We deserve better than this-this is THE WORST JETS TEAM IN OUR HISTORY.I would be happy to see Herman Edwards fired tomorrow-won't happen but it should.Kotite was fired after his debacle why not Herman Edwards?[/QUOTE]

2 reasons why Kotie was fored - #1 worst season ever (1-15) #2 Mr. Hess knew that Parcells wanted to come over and buy the groceries

right now who in there right mind would want to coach here or is good enough to take over - in my mind i see Herm staying atleast 1 more year -

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec318]I said it before but Herm chased John Lott away this year and there are a lot of injuries. He has been here since 97 and I dont remember as many injuries as now. And the same could be said for Bellecheck. He let Willie ? Parker go after 5 years and there injuries have gotten even worse.[/QUOTE]

99 is the only other year we had similar scenarios with injuries

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take exception to the 96 1-15 being the worst season-this is THE worst - we can't even friggin score at least that team could-and they were competetive in a lot of those games.This team is getting killed right out of the lockerroom with no hope at all to get back in it-none.The sad part is the first drive against KC in the first game is all we were and have become-nothing better-alot worse without a QB.This is THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN MY TEAM-and I've been a Jets fan for almost 40 years

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SoFlaJets]I take exception to the 96 1-15 being the worst season-this is THE worst - we can't even friggin score at least that team could-and they were competetive in a lot of those games.This team is getting killed right out of the lockerroom with no hope at all to get back in it-none.The sad part is the first drive against KC in the first game is all we were and have become-nothing better-alot worse without a QB.This is THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN MY TEAM-and I've been a Jets fan for almost 40 years[/QUOTE]

It's true. I always said that as a Jet fan they always disappointed when you had high expectations and they would come through when you least expected it. That isn't even true this year.