Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defense

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]I agree, and who would you rather have playing that aggressive man to man scheme Glenn and Coleman or Aaron Beasley, Barrett, today's Ty Law or whoever else we tried to replace them with?[/QUOTE]Your point is well taken. Although he couldn't tackle worth a sh!t, Glenn was a superior cover corner to any we have had since. Coleman was, and remains, an enigma, so I think the Jets made the correct decision in letting him go. I do believe they made a mistake in letting Mickens go as well, although I applauded the acquisition of Ty Law at the time.

But certainly, Beasley was terrible, Donnie Abraham had one decent year, Barrett has been mostly diappointing, Ty Law was not as advertised, and none of these guys have been a significant upgrade over the Glenn, Coleman, Mickens triumvirate. Above all, for a former defensive back himself who takes a special interest in his secondary, Herman Edwards secondaries have been below average.

[QUOTE=Piper]Invisible. He is mailing it in and has been for a awhile. If you are at the game this week, take a look at him for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. But it always seems like he gets a pass here. Everybody always jumps on DROB & Ellis(they deserve it) and as soon as Abe makes one play it's "Get him a contract NOW or I will burn my Jets tickets!"

Haven't been to a home game since I moved down to FLA. Actually thought that if I moved down here we would finally get to the Bowl(sick Jet fan thinking). Anyway will be watching Sunday night from home as I just got my Dish back on Friday after Wilma.

Local stations have been merciful this year and have not shown too many Jets Games.

[QUOTE=joemusgo]Your point is well taken. Although he couldn't tackle worth a sh!t, Glenn was a superior cover corner to any we have had since. Coleman was, and remains, an enigma, so I think the Jets made the correct decision in letting him go. I do believe they made a mistake in letting Mickens go as well, although I applauded the acquisition of Ty Law at the time. [/QUOTE]

I think Coleman is being played out of position at safety on Houston. True he would get beat but he would also make tremendously athletic interceptions. I saw a show the other day on the Miracle Monday Night comeback against the Dolphins and he made 2 great interceptions in OT against Fiedler (yes he fumbled one back). We don't seem to make those athletic plays from our corners any more. Supposedly in training camp Miller made some plays like that but we have yet to see it in a game.

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]I think Coleman is being played out of position at safety on Houston. True he would get beat but he would also make tremendously athletic interceptions. I saw a show the other day on the Miracle Monday Night comeback against the Dolphins and he made 2 great interceptions in OT against Fiedler (yes he fumbled one back). We don't seem to make those athletic plays from our corners any more. Supposedly in training camp Miller made some plays like that but we have yet to see it in a game.[/QUOTE]Our defensive backs are to busy covering zones to worry about covering receivers... :D