Thread: Draft Vince Young

Veteran

Draft Vince Young

I've had it with smallish, average athletes at the most important position on the field.

The Jets should draft Vince Young.

Big, mobile, decent arm and at major Div I school. Bright kid too.

I like Leinart too for the same reasons, but I don't think he'll be there when the Jets draft.

But Vince Young will be. Think of him as a Michael Vick type with durability and a better completion percentage.

he said hes going back to play his senior year. he probably will go back unless they win a national title. but i wouldnt mind having him

All League
    [QUOTE=MileHiJetMan]I've had it with smallish, average athletes at the most important position on the field.

The Jets should draft Vince Young.

Big, mobile, decent arm and at major Div I school. Bright kid too.

I like Leinart too for the same reasons, but I don't think he'll be there when the Jets draft.

But Vince Young will be. Think of him as a Michael Vick type with durability and a better completion percentage.[/QUOTE]

You dont think Leinart will be ther when the Jets draft?

Just curious but what do you see happening.

Young's staying, Texas is not beating USC.

Jets Insider VIP
    No way Young declares this year. Mack Brown will convince him to stay even after Texas beats USC. USC has not played a defense as good as the Longhorns this year. They also will have no clue on how to contain Young (the USC defense sucks). :yes:

[QUOTE=TexJet]No way Young declares this year. Mack Brown will convince him to stay even after Texas beats USC. USC has not played a defense as good as the Longhorns this year. They also will have no clue on how to contain Young (the USC defense sucks). :yes:[/QUOTE]you're not a UT fan are u;)?

All League
    Vince Young is a tremendous athlete that just happens to be playing QB...his mechanics are terrible and he's a better runner than passer.

He would be a project as an NFL QB...someone you would need to develop an offense around rather than having him step into a pre-exising NFL offense.

[QUOTE=Greenwave81]Vince Young is a tremendous athlete that just happens to be playing QB...his mechanics are terrible and he's a better runner than passer.

He would be a project as an NFL QB...someone you would need to develop an offense around rather than having him step into a pre-exising NFL offense.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, he has the worst throwing mechanics for a quarterback I have ever seen. There is a very high bust chance on a player like Vince Young.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

simply put: NO THANK YOU

No Vince Young. Please.

The guy can play on the college level but he is a project, he is a great athlete but I don't think he will be a great QB on the NFL level. He is not accurate enough.

You could put a 80 or 20 # on him and he would do fine.

EDIT: From an unbiased fan, USC would beat Texas by at least 14.

What year is Troy Smith of OSU in? he was a monster against Mich this weekend and throws very well on the run, which we need.

[QUOTE=wellingtonfljet73]What year is Troy Smith of OSU in? he was a monster against Mich this weekend and throws very well on the run, which we need.[/QUOTE]
    I stil like Charlie Whitehurst from Clemson. I have been watching him for 3 years and despite a bad game Saturday i think he might be a good player

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TexJet
    No way Young declares this year. Mack Brown will convince him to stay even after Texas beats USC. USC has not played a defense as good as the Longhorns this year. They also will have no clue on how to contain Young (the USC defense sucks).

you're not a UT fan are u?

Chrebet.....I am a U of Miami fan first and foremost. I have become a UT fan since living in Texas for the past 10 years. Many of my friends are UT grads and my oldest son may be going to UT. Having seen them on TV and live sveral times this year, I believe they are the best team in the country, not USC.

USC has a great offense with outstanding players (Leinart, Bush, etc.) but their defense is second rate. UT has a great defense and offense with some oustanding players (Young, Taylor, Young).

We will see who's better come January!

Hall Of Fame
    As a UT student, I can tell you that he is not going to leave. Unloike T.J. Ford who said he'd return and then left, Young will stay another year so he could probably lock himself up into the top ten in the draft. There are still some question marks surrounding him (dont know how), so he'll try to answer them next year.

Somebody posted a funny picture on one of the Horns sites, showing how Vince Young throws like Uncle Rico, and it was pretty much dead on. Either way, it has gotten the job done and there shouldnt be any issue of him getting balls batted down with his height, so thats just scouts overanalyzing a small thing like they did with Derrick Johnson.

Oh yeah, Texas will beat USC. I usually go against Texas because they hadnt been able to prove they were good enough to win the big one, but trust me, this team is better than you guys are giving them credit for.