Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The ULTIMATE Nightmare Scenario!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The ULTIMATE Nightmare Scenario!!!

If you are already feeling like giving it all up.....I wouldn;t read any further.

You sure you want to read this???

OK, here it is:

The NFL has already made public their desire to "Help" the New Orleans Saints, due to the issues of Katrina, the fact teh state has to pay the team pre-Katrina just to stay, and the owner clearly wants to be in L.A. asap.

So far, the only thing said is that the NFL will likely give the Saints "Cap Relief" in this forthcoming offseason.

But it could be worse my friends. MUCH much worse......

The Saints are currently 2-8, just like us and a number of others.

Imagine, if you will, that the season goes on, and the Saints finish 3rd worst in the league at 3-13, and we finish 2nd worst, at 2-13. This SHOULD guarantee either Bush, Leinart, right?

Maybe not.

The NFL is lord and master, and will do anything it wants if it thinks it's the right choice.

Imagine, if you can, a draft where it's Texans #1, Jets #2, Saints #3.

But wait.....the NFL, in the greater interests of the league as a whole, grant the Saints an EXTRA #1 choice, the #1 #1 overall, ahead of the Texans.

That makes it Saints #1, Texans #2, Jets #3, Saints #4.......and no Bush, or Leinart.

Or *shudder* even worse. The NFL CHANGES the draft order to give the Saints the #1 and #2 overall, in order to keep the franchise alive in N.O. under "new starts" Bush and Leinart.

Think it's impossible? Really? Maybe you're right. Maybe this is nothing more than paranoid delusion......it's been known to happen.

But we're the Jets aren't we?

When it comes to the Jets, nothing is impossible, as long as it's bad for us.

Better keep your ears out for what the NFL plans for N.O. It MIGHT Just come back to bite us in the ***.

And keep the sharp objects away from yourself when it comes the offseason......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've heard of pessimism but this is a bit over the line... 'it's been known to happen' - when?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i've heard of pessimism but this is a bit over the line... 'it's been known to happen' - when?[/QUOTE]

Sorry iof I was unclear. The "It's been known to happen" line was attached to the "Maybe this is nothing more than paranoid delusion" line. As in, "It;s been known to happoen, i.,e. ME being a Paranoid Delusional".

Make sense now?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i've heard of pessimism but this is a bit over the line... 'it's been known to happen' - when?[/QUOTE]

Of course, the other side is....when was teh last time an NFL City was literally wiped off the Map? Seems precedent goes out the window when it comes to N.O.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is 5 minutes of my life that i wil never get back

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way this would happen. If it did, not only would every jet fan have a freakin heart attack, I think all the fans in the NFL would as well.

Personally I could care less if the Saints stayed in New Orleans. The fact that the city and state already have to PAY the team to stay there is testament that that city does not have the fan base or interest to support the team.

I dont think L.A. deserves a football team either. They have failed at it twice. Whatever the outcome, if the Saints do move somewhere, move them to Omaha NE.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]If you are already feeling like giving it all up.....I wouldn;t read any further.

You sure you want to read this???

OK, here it is:

The NFL has already made public their desire to "Help" the New Orleans Saints, due to the issues of Katrina, the fact teh state has to pay the team pre-Katrina just to stay, and the owner clearly wants to be in L.A. asap.

So far, the only thing said is that the NFL will likely give the Saints "Cap Relief" in this forthcoming offseason.

But it could be worse my friends. MUCH much worse......

The Saints are currently 2-8, just like us and a number of others.

Imagine, if you will, that the season goes on, and the Saints finish 3rd worst in the league at 3-13, and we finish 2nd worst, at 2-13. This SHOULD guarantee either Bush, Leinart, right?

Maybe not.

The NFL is lord and master, and will do anything it wants if it thinks it's the right choice.

But wait.....the NFL, in the greater interests of the league as a whole, grant the Saints an EXTRA #1 choice, the #1 #1 overall, ahead of the Texans.

That makes it Saints #1, Texans #2, Jets #3, Saints #4.......and no Bush, or Leinart.

Or *shudder* even worse. The NFL CHANGES the draft order to give the Saints the #1 and #2 overall, in order to keep the franchise alive in N.O. under "new starts" Bush and Leinart.

Think it's impossible? Really? Maybe you're right. Maybe this is nothing more than paranoid delusion......it's been known to happen.

But we're the Jets aren't we?

When it comes to the Jets, nothing is impossible, as long as it's bad for us.

Better keep your ears out for what the NFL plans for N.O. It MIGHT Just come back to bite us in the ***.

And keep the sharp objects away from yourself when it comes the offseason......[/QUOTE]
    The NFL has already come out with their plan to Help New Orleans...It involves Incentive pay for Free Agents and Draft Picks, Bottom line Players,will get more money bonuses if you will to sign or play for New Orleans from the NFL fund for up to 3-5 Years til, Situation becomes stable...Thats it!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]

[/QUOTE]

Fish buddy, you have to stop drinking those beers on that grassy knoll. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, warwish...ummm, what's going on brother, this is the craziest nonsense i've ever read on here?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man that would suck, but imagine if they took it a step even further and told the Saints they were allowed to have all of the Jets draft picks as well! That would mean they'd have 3 out of the top 4 picks, then, after that, the NFL says we have to give Vilma, Ellis, Coles, and Adrian Jones to the Saints too. I know I know, it sounds pessimistic, but it could happen.

Then the NFL might tell a few college players like Adrian Peterson and Dwayne Jarrett that they're allowed to leave college early as long as they agree to go to the Saints.

Then the NFL says the Jets have to take a fan poll of our hottest female fans, and then they have to move to New Orleans AND root for the Saints. Think about it, it could happen.

Then the NFL decides to help Major League Baseball bring a team to New Orleans, and they force MLB to force the New York teams to give Derek Jeter, David Wright, Mariano Rivera, Jose Reyes, Jorge Posada, Hideki Matsui, ARod, and Carlos Beltran to the new New Orleans team.

Then the NFL makes that stupid Southwest Airlines commercial with the lady putting her contact lens back in inside the mens room the official commercial of the NFL and forces all teams to play it twice during every commercial break.

Think about it, it all could happen, the NFL is lord and master, and can do anything it wants.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]Man that would suck, but imagine if they took it a step even further and told the Saints they were allowed to have all of the Jets draft picks as well! That would mean they'd have 3 out of the top 4 picks, then, after that, the NFL says we have to give Vilma, Ellis, Coles, and Adrian Jones to the Saints too. I know I know, it sounds pessimistic, but it could happen.

Then the NFL might tell a few college players like Adrian Peterson and Dwayne Jarrett that they're allowed to leave college early as long as they agree to go to the Saints.

Then the NFL says the Jets have to take a fan poll of our hottest female fans, and then they have to move to New Orleans AND root for the Saints. Think about it, it could happen.

Then the NFL decides to help Major League Baseball bring a team to New Orleans, and they force MLB to force the New York teams to give Derek Jeter, David Wright, Mariano Rivera, Jose Reyes, Jorge Posada, Hideki Matsui, ARod, and Carlos Beltran to the new New Orleans team.

Then the NFL makes that stupid Southwest Airlines commercial with the lady putting her contact lens back in inside the mens room the official commercial of the NFL and forces all teams to play it twice during every commercial break.

Think about it, it all could happen, the NFL is lord and master, and can do anything it wants.[/QUOTE]

i enjoyed that post