Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i will stop being a jets fan if...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

i will stop being a jets fan if...

we dont end up with one of the following guys next year: reggie bush, matt leinart, vince young, or marcus vick

seriously i wouldnt even be able to root for them if they screw up this draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Young and Vick probably aren't coming out, so it looks like if we don't have a top 2 pick you're heading for Big Blue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i kno vick probably wont and i kno vince says he wont but for some reason i think hell declare...if not tho we have to get leinart or bush...whether we got to trade up or whatever they are the best at their positions and we need a qb or rg so GET ONE TERRY

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

if vince young wins the championship this yr

the kid is coming out..........and he might have a better combine than leinert

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone please explain to me [B]WHY[/B] one of those great athletes would want to come and play for the Jets.......why would a good (if not great) QB fresh out of college want to come here and play behind this O-line and have a career ending injury...........please, someone explain that to me because I just don't get it....... :confused:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgirl]Can someone please explain to me [B]WHY[/B] one of those great athletes would want to come and play for the Jets.......why would a good (if not great) QB fresh out of college want to come here and play behind this O-line and have a career ending injury...........please, someone explain that to me because I just don't get it....... :confused:[/QUOTE]

Vinny will know the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgirl]Can someone please explain to me [B]WHY[/B] one of those great athletes would want to come and play for the Jets.......why would a good (if not great) QB fresh out of college want to come here and play behind this O-line and have a career ending injury...........please, someone explain that to me because I just don't get it....... :confused:[/QUOTE]
    I think this is a good question. If I was the better QB to come out in next years draft. I sure as hell wouldn't want to play for this team for a number of reasons, Oline being the first. JMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    do u think Brady Quinn is the answer?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lc87]we dont end up with one of the following guys next year: reggie bush, matt leinart, vince young, or marcus vick

seriously i wouldnt even be able to root for them if they screw up this draft[/QUOTE]

Say goodbye now because Edwards has made it clear he wants a kick holder for Nugget in the first round.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=papichango]Say goodbye now because Edwards has made it clear he wants a kick holder for Nugget in the first round.[/QUOTE]

hahahah...classic

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's even possible to stop being a Jets fan. Sometimes I think I would if I could but it's something internal and unchangable. You just accept it for the tragic, comical fact it is. You watch your return man fumble yet again or your 4th string QB go down, mutter a few choice comments and go on from there. You don't actually choose to go on from there anymore than a salmon chooses to swim upstream. You do it because that's what a Jets fan does. It's in your DNA. Over the years you adopt an attitude of "Cheer up. Things will get worse." You try to see the humor in it for the sake of your family and your own sanity. Maybe being a Jets fan motivates you to be a better person. Maybe it motivates you to reach new levels of emotional maturity and resiliency. Maybe it doesn't. Either way, a Jets fan is a Jets fan and there's nothing he or she can do about it.
    Last edited by Casualfan; 11-21-2005 at 09:07 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz]do u think Brady Quinn is the answer?[/QUOTE]he looks really good, but is he coming out?...do we really need a QB W/ our pick? IF (big IF) chad is healthy and comes back to form (again, big IF), our QB situation is solved...otherwise i think we steer clear of QB's in the draft and make a run at carr or rivers..draft a RB in the 1st round, we must, curtis is on his last legs, and after that draft like 3 OL within our next 4 or 5 picks...that's our biggest weakness..then we just need to worry about ty laws replacement b/c with that 11 mil. bonus, i see him being cut..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

it is not their choice if we draft them u idiot they cant choose wut team to play for......also reggie bush already said he would love to join gang green

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Misery

I said I would stop if they resigned with the Giants in NJ, but I can't follow through with it. I guess that I am cursed to suffer in misery with them for the rest of my days.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lc87]it is not their choice if we draft them u idiot THET CANT CHOOSE WUT TEAM THEY PLAY FOR......also reggie bush already said he would love to join gang green[/QUOTE]
    Tell that to the Manning brothers!....... idiot

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lc87]we dont end up with one of the following guys next year: reggie bush, matt leinart, vince young, or marcus vick seriously i wouldnt even be able to root for them if they screw up this draft[/QUOTE]

:violin:

Hey are you a season ticket holder with better seats than Sect. 122? If yes please PM with details, I'd love to take your tickets from you for next season.:up2someth

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you just stop being a Jet fan?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush has already said publicly that, out of all the 2-8 and 1-9 teams, he wants to play for the Jets... he even listed reasons for why he doesn't want to go to the other teams and when asked about the jets... he could not make a bad remark about them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=papichango]Say goodbye now because Edwards has made it clear he wants a kick holder for Nugget in the first round.[/QUOTE]
    HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cause (most) atheletes are competitors... they welcome challange... they want to turn teams around!!! I say most, cause Eli didn't want to play for SD because he thought they were a bad team. It's just fact... the better the college player... the worse team you go to.