Thread: Santana Moss

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Santana Moss

Would have run under the bomb's Testeverde threw to Coles. Moss/Jordan are 2 players this team should have been built around.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=harryooo]Would have run under the bomb's Testeverde threw to Coles. Moss/Jordan are 2 players this team should have been built around.[/QUOTE]

so we should have built this team around vinny testaverde being qb then?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In retrospect the real solution at WR sould have been to keep Moss and sign FA Plaxico Burress. Burress, with Moss and McCareins would have been a great combo. Also would have given us that tall WR we haven't had since Keyshawn was traded.

As much as I hate to say it, the Giants signing Plax was the best FA move of the year. He's awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ThisIsOurYear]In retrospect the real solution at WR sould have been to keep Moss and sign FA Plaxico Burress. Burress, with Moss and McCareins would have been a great combo. Also would have given us that tall WR we haven't had since Keyshawn was traded.

As much as I hate to say it, the Giants signing Plax was the best FA move of the year. He's awesome.[/QUOTE]

It was actually almost counter-intuitive to predict that he'd bust. All signs pointed to awesome with Plax. He took plays off but was always dominant.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "As much as I hate to say it, the Giants signing Plax was the best FA move of the year. He's awesome."

Plax was a great pickup for the gmen, but I'd vote for Corey Simon. Colts improved D is why they are 10-0.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should have traded Curtis Martin and kept Lamont & Santana. Trading or cutting great aging players happens look at Jerry Rice.

wickedtwisted
    This team was built around Moss and he was known as sideline Santana... Moss is clearly going to be double teamed for the next 7 weeks and we'll see how he does... even though he finally is in a system that he needed... Moss is a burner... not a gutsy over the middle type of player...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i said it all along. Santana was a great talent but we just never had the quarterback to utilize his abilities. trading him for coles was the rite move at the time because of the chemistry that him n chad had but looking back on it now with the injuries and everything santana may have been the better long term answer. Nothing you can do now but accept the way it is

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=harryooo]I think we should have traded Curtis Martin and kept Lamont & Santana. Trading or cutting great aging players happens look at Jerry Rice.[/QUOTE]
    I love when people ignore the salary cap...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ThisIsOurYear]In retrospect the real solution at WR sould have been to keep Moss and sign FA Plaxico Burress. Burress, with Moss and McCareins would have been a great combo. Also would have given us that tall WR we haven't had since Keyshawn was traded.

As much as I hate to say it, the Giants signing Plax was the best FA move of the year. He's awesome.[/QUOTE]

But who would have thrown Plax the ball? Aaaannnnndddd, the Jets could not afford to have Santana and Plax signed to big contracts (not to mention McCareins contract). The team is in bad salary cap shape as it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SantanaMoss83]i said it all along. Santana was a great talent but we just never had the quarterback to utilize his abilities. trading him for coles was the rite move at the time because of the chemistry that him n chad had but looking back on it now with the injuries and everything santana may have been the better long term answer. Nothing you can do now but accept the way it is[/QUOTE]

Very true. Wonder if Chad will give up more of his salary for the trade he wanted.