Thread: From Today's Newsday....

From Today's Newsday....

Why was Vinny Testaverde still playing in a 27-0 game with less than two minutes left?

Coach Herman Edwards' explanation, that he wanted to score a touchdown to avoid a shutout, was ridiculous. That wasn't the case last week, when Edwards ordered the offense to run out the clock with 5:25 left while facing a 30-3 deficit against Carolina. [SIZE=4][B]The decision not to put Kliff Kingsbury in the game blew up in Edwards' face. "We wanted to put points on the board," he said, "and I needed to give Vinny a look." After 19 years? A look at what?[/B] [/SIZE]

Testaverde sprained his right ankle on a sack with 1:11 left, had X-rays and might not be able to play next week against the 2-8 Saints. With Brooks Bollinger (concussion) in doubt, Edwards could wind up with Kingsbury as his starter. Jay Fiedler isn't scheduled to come back until early December - at the earliest.
    -----------------------------------
    IMO: Herman is lost...i think this collapse may not cost him his job, but it will definately take away from his sanity.

ummmm, the argument of using last week makes no sense. bollinger wasn't hurt last week, AND we had already scored in the game. what is newsday full of morons?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A. Testaverde didn't 'sprain his ankle on a sack' as the article says. He sprained his ankle while not being touched.

B. Edwards is a clown.

[QUOTE=Piper]
    B. Edwards is a clown.[/QUOTE]
    Yep. Kingsbury should have been in there just to save Vinny's life.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JeffWeaverFan]Yep. Kingsbury should have been in there just to save Vinny's life.[/QUOTE]
    Gotta take care of the old folks...