Thread: Shrillary: "Leave Troops in Iraq"...then indicts bubba...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Shrillary: "Leave Troops in Iraq"...then indicts bubba...

[B]Hillary Clinton says immediate withdrawal from Iraq would be 'a big mistake' [/B]

By Jim Fitzgerald
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

1:41 p.m. November 21, 2005

RYE BROOK, N.Y. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that an immediate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq would be "a big mistake."
    The New York Democrat said she respects Rep. Jack Murtha, D-Pa., the Vietnam veteran and hawkish ex-Marine who last week called for an immediate troop pullout. But she added: "I think that would cause more problems for us in America."

[B]"It will matter to us if Iraq totally collapses into civil war, if it becomes a failed state the way Afghanistan was, where terrorists are free to basically set up camp and launch attacks against us," she said. [/B]

At the same time, Clinton said the Bush administration's pledge to stay in Iraq "until the job is done" amounts to giving the Iraqis "an open-ended invitation not to take care of themselves."

Clinton, who is running for re-election to the Senate and is seen as a likely presidential candidate in 2008, suggested that the United States wait for Iraq's Dec. 15 elections for an indication about how soon the Iraqis can take over.

"Until they vote for a government, I don't know that we will have adequate information about how prepared they are," she said.

She blamed the problems facing the United States in Iraq on "poor decision-making by the administration," but added: "My view is we have to work together to fix these problems."

[url]http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/iraq/20051121-1341-hillaryclinton-iraq.html[/url]
    -------------------------------------------------

Let's see if any journalist has the balls to ask heir hillary if she realizes her husband was at fault for doing nothing about the "the way Afghanistan was, where terrorists are free to basically set up camp and launch attacks against us"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY][B]Hillary Clinton says immediate withdrawal from Iraq would be 'a big mistake' [/B]

Let's see if any journalist has the balls to ask heir hillary if she realizes her husband was at fault for doing nothing about the "the way Afghanistan was, where terrorists are free to basically set up camp and launch attacks against us"[/QUOTE]

You think Afghanistan is better now?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]You think Afghanistan is better now?[/QUOTE]

comical......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]comical......[/QUOTE]

If you think it is better. Sadly not much has changed. I don't expect you to understand that though, I am sure Rush is saying different. Don't bring up an election either. The fact is the Heroin is flowing better than ever and the U.S is just watching it be grown, harvested and shipped out.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]If you think it is better. Sadly not much has changed. I don't expect you to understand that though, I am sure Rush is saying different. Don't bring up an election either. The fact is the Heroin is flowing better than ever and the U.S is just watching it be grown, harvested and shipped out.[/QUOTE]

as usual, well thought-out opinions....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]as usual, well thought-out opinions....[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it is not an opinion. The U.S. military and federal agencies are over there finding the fields and are told not to do anything. Try to spin this Rush wannabe, oops I meant CBTNY.

[B]Opium cultivation in Afghanistan shot up by 64 percent in 2004 and was valued at $2.8 billion, about 60 percent of the country's gross domestic product, according to the United Nations' 2004 Afghanistan Opium Survey.

Under the Taliban-controlled government, opium production had dropped because poppy harvesting was banned for everyone except Taliban members, according to Kirk.[/B]

[url]http://www.house.gov/apps/list/hearing/il10_kirk/gangeventTribune.html[/url]
    Last edited by cr726; 11-21-2005 at 11:26 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]Sorry, it is not an opinion. The U.S. military and federal agencies are over there finding the fields and are told not to do anything. Try to spin this Rush wannabe, oops I meant CBTNY.

[B]Opium cultivation in Afghanistan shot up by 64 percent in 2004 and was valued at $2.8 billion, about 60 percent of the country's gross domestic product, according to the United Nations' 2004 Afghanistan Opium Survey.

Under the Taliban-controlled government, opium production had dropped because poppy harvesting was banned for everyone except Taliban members, according to Kirk.[/B]

[url]http://www.house.gov/apps/list/hearing/il10_kirk/gangeventTribune.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Your inability to grasp the reality of the situation is comical...hey- don't listen to me- let AQ's #2 explain it to you...

[QUOTE]Pentagon: Bin Laden deputy complains about money, Iraq tactics
    U.S. says it obtained intercepted letter
    From Jamie McIntyre
    CNN
    Friday, October 7, 2005

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- [B]An intercepted letter from Osama bin Laden's deputy to the al Qaeda leader in Iraq complains that the terrorist network is short of cash and faces defeat in Afghanistan, a Pentagon spokesman says.[/B]

The United States obtained a recent letter that appears to be from Ayman al-Zawahiri, al Qaeda's No. 2 figure, to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, outlining both the strategy and concerns of the terrorist network, said Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman.

In the letter, al-Zawahiri warns that some of the tactics currently employed by the insurgency, including the slaughtering of hostages and the suicide bombings of Muslim civilians, may risk alienating the "Muslim masses," Whitman said Thursday.

Reading from a summary of the letter, Whitman said al-Zawahiri concedes that al Qaeda has lost many key leaders, is resigned to defeat in Afghanistan, and that its lines of communication and funding sources have been seriously disrupted. Al-Zawahiri includes a plea for financial support, indicating he is strapped for money, Whitman said.

He could not say when the letter was intercepted or when authorities believe it might have been written.

The lengthy communication was said to detail the strategy of Muslim extremists to push the United States out of Iraq and establish an Islamic state that could expand its form of governance to neighboring countries, Whitman said.

Senior U.S. officials told CNN that the 6,000-word letter is believed to have been written within days of the July 7 terror attacks in London. Only parts of the letter have been made public, the officials said.

The decision to confirm the existence of the letter came after an incomplete and partially inaccurate version was leaked to news organizations, the senior officials said.

Earlier Thursday, President Bush made similar points about the terror network in what aides billed as a "major speech" on the war on terrorism, which was launched after al Qaeda's September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington.

Bush repeated his long-standing contention that Iraq had become the central front in that conflict, and said a U.S. withdrawal from that currently unpopular conflict would leave behind a country ruled by bin Laden and al-Zarqawi.

"We will not stand by as a new set of killers dedicated to the destruction of our own country seizes control of Iraq by violence," Bush said. (Full story)

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/07/pentagon.al.qaeda/[/url]

you cry over opium while I'll applaud the defeat of terrorists...try to spin this furher dean, er whatever...

Please- continue on with the pathetic rat arguement that Afgahnistan is no better today and the world was safer with Hussien in power....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-22-2005 at 10:20 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh - someone's running for president early! Not much of a secret... :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hillary is taking both sides. John Kerry (RIP) tried to take both sides.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY][B]Hillary Clinton says immediate withdrawal from Iraq would be 'a big mistake' [/B]

By Jim Fitzgerald
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

1:41 p.m. November 21, 2005

RYE BROOK, N.Y. – Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that an immediate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq would be "a big mistake."
    The New York Democrat said she respects Rep. Jack Murtha, D-Pa., the Vietnam veteran and hawkish ex-Marine who last week called for an immediate troop pullout. But she added: "I think that would cause more problems for us in America."

[B]"It will matter to us if Iraq totally collapses into civil war, if it becomes a failed state the way Afghanistan was, where terrorists are free to basically set up camp and launch attacks against us," she said. [/B]

At the same time, Clinton said the Bush administration's pledge to stay in Iraq "until the job is done" amounts to giving the Iraqis "an open-ended invitation not to take care of themselves."

Clinton, who is running for re-election to the Senate and is seen as a likely presidential candidate in 2008, suggested that the United States wait for Iraq's Dec. 15 elections for an indication about how soon the Iraqis can take over.

"Until they vote for a government, I don't know that we will have adequate information about how prepared they are," she said.

She blamed the problems facing the United States in Iraq on "poor decision-making by the administration," but added: "My view is we have to work together to fix these problems."

[url]http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/iraq/20051121-1341-hillaryclinton-iraq.html[/url]
    -------------------------------------------------

Let's see if any journalist has the balls to ask heir hillary if she realizes her husband was at fault for doing nothing about the "the way Afghanistan was, where terrorists are free to basically set up camp and launch attacks against us"[/QUOTE]

so what?...as i'm sure you've pointed out many a time, hillary doesnt know her *** from her elbow in regards to anything of importance...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=deadringer]so what?...as i'm sure you've pointed out many a time, hillary doesnt know her *** from her elbow in regards to anything of importance...[/QUOTE]

you miss the point....I'm not concerned about her stance- I'm wondering if the liberal media will take her too task on what is an obvious indictment of her husband's policy- which she pointed out in her speech....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never stated the world was safer with Hussein. Anyway, where do you think a majority of funding for terrorism comes from? HEROIN. You are missing the big picture. I guess now CNN is your friend? The gov't was nice enough to SUMMARIZE a letter for you? Unfortunatley for you I actually know firsthand about the so called poppy field irradications that are suppose to be happening. Is that enough to grasp the situation?

Grow up with your constant RAT crap. Because you post constantly you are the MAN, but you are outright ignorant to anyone who has a different opinion.

Let me guess you are probably 5'4 to 5'6 and weigh 120 lbs and this is the only way you feel tough.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Your inability to grasp the reality of the situation is comical...hey- don't listen to me- let AQ's #2 explain it to you...

Reading from a summary of the letter, Whitman said al-Zawahiri concedes that al Qaeda has lost many key leaders, is resigned to defeat in Afghanistan, and that its lines of communication and funding sources have been seriously disrupted. Al-Zawahiri includes a plea for financial support, indicating he is strapped for money, Whitman said.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/07/pentagon.al.qaeda/[/url]

you cry over opium while I'll applaud the defeat of terrorists...try to spin this furher dean, er whatever...

Please- continue on with the pathetic rat arguement that Afgahnistan is no better today and the world was safer with Hussien in power....[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by cr726; 11-22-2005 at 08:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    what's wrong? facts got in your way?? you're the moron who infered Afgahnistan was no better off today- and to eductate you- OBL, who financed AQ- did not become rich running drugs...

[QUOTE=cr726]
    Grow up with your constant RAT crap. Because you post constantly you are the MAN, but you are outright ignorant to anyone who has a different opinion.

Let me guess you are probably 5'4 to 5'6 and weigh 120 lbs and this is the only way you feel tough.[/QUOTE]

practice what you preach dumbazz....

actually I went through college on a track and field scholarship (decathlon) - how about you skippy???

it's always easy to be an internet tough guy and call people out behind your keyboard- tain't it dork?

And please- spare us of your "law enforcement" background in which you leave a trail so a three year old can point you out as a fraud....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-22-2005 at 09:38 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never said anyone was getting rich, more that they are using Heroin to fund camps etc. SPIN, SPIN Rush Jr. Sorry I will not state where I am employed, but I guarantee that I am not a fraud. You on the other hand can sit here with your rightwing BS. Sorry only did track in JR high. Only basketball and football for me you track tool.....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]what's wrong? facts got in your way?? you're the moron who infered Afgahnistan was no better off today- and to eductate you- OBL, who financed AQ- did not become rich running drugs...

practice what you preach dumbazz....

actually I went through college on a track and field scholarship (decathlon) - how about you skippy???

it's always easy to be an internet tough guy and call people out behind your keyboard- tain't it dork?

And please- spare us of your "law enforcement" background in which you leave a trail so a three year old can point you out as a fraud....[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHAT AN AWESOME PLACE IT HAS BECOME.

More than 1,200 people have been killed in violence linked to militancy in Afghanistan this year.

A total of 89 American servicemen have been killed in Afghanistan this year

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4462262.stm[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    how can you not laugh at idiot rats on this board??

-----------------------------------------

[B]U.S. sees Afghan opium harvest falling 10 percent
    23 Nov 2005 22:56:29 GMT[/B]

WASHINGTON, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Afghanistan's opium harvest is expected to fall by 10 percent this year as a dramatic decrease in poppy acreage offsets favorable growing conditions, the Bush administration said on Wednesday.

Roughly 107,400 hectares (265,400 acres) of farmland in the world's leading opium-growing nation were devoted to the illegal crop this year, a decline of nearly half from the record levels of 2004, the administration said.

But favorable weather meant the harvest would not decrease nearly as dramatically, the government said.

Current cultivation levels would lead to a potential harvest of 4,475 metric tons of opium, or enough for 526 tons of heroin, the government said.

"Continued reductions will be needed to reduce Afghanistan's drug trade to a level where it does not pose a threat to that nation's internal stability," said John Walters, director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

A U.N. report released last week found that while poppy cultivation decreased dramatically in the eastern part of the country, it increased in the northern and western regions.

That report found total output fell by only 2.4 percent this year.

Separately, a U.N. official reported that Afghanistan was the world's second largest grower of cannabis, cultivating 30,000 hectares (74,000 acres) compared to Morocco, with 122,000 hectares (301,000 acres). The cannabis plant yields hashish and marijuana.

Based on a survey, about 3.8 percent of the Afghan population, or about 1 million people, themselves take drugs, including 2.2 percent who use hashish and about 1 percent either opium or heroin, said Antonio Maria Costa, executive director of the Vienna-based U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has said illegal opium production is more of a risk to the country than terrorism.

Afghanistan's rugged mountain terrain and tradition of local warlords provide ideal conditions for the production of opium and its refined product, heroin.

The former Taliban government managed to ban poppy production in the last year of its rule, but harvests have risen to record levels since the 2001 U.S.-led invasion.

Opium now accounts for 60 percent of the country's gross domestic product, according to the United Nations.

The United States has earmarked $700 million to wipe out poppy production, while Britain is putting up $100 million and seeking $300 million more from other countries.

But the Afghan government fears rapid eradication could worsen security in southern and eastern areas where poppies are mostly grown and where militants are most active.

Opium is produced legally in several countries, including India, Turkey, Australia and France, for use in painkilling medicines. (Additional reporting by Irwin Arieff at the United Nations)

[url]http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N23494688.htm[/url]

-------------------------------------------

especially frauds who pawn themselves off as working in the "law enforcement sector" yet rely on five-month old information to make a case.....stupid libs like cr- they'll never learn.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you actually read this before you posted it? You are clearly the idiot. Hey CBTNY, you can attack me all you want. But you are dead wrong on this.
    -----------------------------------------

[B]U.S. sees Afghan opium harvest falling 10 percent
    23 Nov 2005 22:56:29 GMT[/B]

WASHINGTON, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Afghanistan's opium harvest is expected to fall by 10 percent this year as a dramatic decrease in poppy acreage offsets favorable growing conditions, the Bush administration said on Wednesday.

Roughly 107,400 hectares (265,400 acres) of farmland in the world's leading opium-growing nation were devoted to the illegal crop this year, a decline of nearly half from the record levels of 2004, the administration said.

[B]But favorable weather meant the harvest would not decrease nearly as dramatically, the government said.[/B]
    [B]Current cultivation levels would lead to a potential harvest of 4,475 metric tons of opium, or enough for 526 tons of heroin, the government said.[/B]
    "Continued reductions will be needed to reduce Afghanistan's drug trade to a level where it does not pose a threat to that nation's internal stability," said John Walters, director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

[B]A U.N. report released last week found that while poppy cultivation decreased dramatically in the eastern part of the country, it increased in the northern and western regions.

That report found total output fell by only 2.4 percent this year.[/B]

Separately, a U.N. official reported that [B]Afghanistan was the world's second largest grower of cannabis, cultivating 30,000 hectares (74,000 acres) compared to Morocco, with 122,000 hectares (301,000 acres). The cannabis plant yields hashish and marijuana.[/B]
    Based on a survey, about 3.8 percent of the Afghan population, or about 1 million people, themselves take drugs, including 2.2 percent who use hashish and about 1 percent either opium or heroin, said Antonio Maria Costa, executive director of the Vienna-based U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime.

[B]Afghan President Hamid Karzai has said illegal opium production is more of a risk to the country than terrorism.[/B]

Afghanistan's rugged mountain terrain and tradition of local warlords provide ideal conditions for the production of opium and its refined product, heroin.

[B]The former Taliban government managed to ban poppy production in the last year of its rule, but harvests have risen to record levels since the 2001 U.S.-led invasion.[/B]

Opium now accounts for 60 percent of the country's gross domestic product, according to the United Nations.

The United States has earmarked $700 million to wipe out poppy production, while Britain is putting up $100 million and seeking $300 million more from other countries.

But the Afghan government fears rapid eradication could worsen security in southern and eastern areas where poppies are mostly grown and where militants are most active.

Opium is produced legally in several countries, including India, Turkey, Australia and France, for use in painkilling medicines. (Additional reporting by Irwin Arieff at the United Nations)

[url]http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N23494688.htm[/url]

-------------------------------------------

especially frauds who pawn themselves off as working in the "law enforcement sector" yet rely on five-month old information to make a case.....stupid libs like cr- they'll never learn.....[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    read it from top-to-bottom....

funny- opium production was down when the taliban was in control....except for Taliban members that is.

At a time, according to your insinuation, when Afgahnistan was in a similar state to what it is today....

the only idiots are people like you who think this was going to be an immediate transformation.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]read it from top-to-bottom....

funny- opium production was down when the taliban was in control....except for Taliban members that is.

At a time, according to your insinuation, when Afgahnistan was in a similar state to what it is today....

the only idiots are people like you who think this was going to be an immediate transformation.....[/QUOTE]

Did read it. You are trying to spin this article. I never said it should be better right away. You said it is better now, I don't think it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you miss the point....I'm not concerned about her stance- I'm wondering if the liberal media will take her too task on what is an obvious indictment of her husband's policy- which she pointed out in her speech....[/QUOTE]
    Dont hold your breath on that CB.
    Bubba and shrillary will be doing a carefully orchestrated good cop-bad cop thing to maximize appeal to the idiots out there.