Thread: Redsox acquire Beckett, Lowell

Hall Of Fame

Redsox acquire Beckett, Lowell

It's an interesting trade. Beckett is a very good pitcher, but he's not an ace. He has never pitched 200 innings in a season because of injury problems. He's got great stuff though and he's young. On the other hand, he has been pitching in the NL and in a pitchers division. He also has been greatly helped out by his home ballpark.

Lowell stopped juicing and isn't the same player.

Hanley Ramirez is a prospect with great tools but he can't hit. Personally, I never thought much of him and I don't think he's going to be that good in the majors.

Anibel Sanchez is a very good pitching prospect but if I was the Marlins, I would have forced the red sox to include John Lester instead of Sanchez.

The thing that pisses me off about this trade is that the red sox got to keep Lester.

this is an amazing pick up by the red sox

beckett is a proven winner in the playoffs he showed it in 2003.....this def hurts my yanks

great move for the saux

I like Beckett but I'm glad the Yanks passed. The Marlins reportedly wanted a trade package that would have included Wang and/or Cano.

Quote Originally Posted by Casualfan
    I like Beckett but I'm glad the Yanks passed. The Marlins reportedly wanted a trade package that would have included Wang and/or Cano.
    The equivalent of this deal for the Yankees would have been Philip Hughes, Eric Duncan and an Abel Gomez type player (the Sox also gave up a hard throwing righty in a kid named Delgado). That trade wouldn't match the red sox for the simple reason that the Marlins needed a SS prospect in the deal. Either way, I wouldn't have given up Duncan and Hughes for Beckett and Lowell.