Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Replace Jetman

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    That gives me an even better idea! After the ceremonial turkey leg ripping thing, we should bury the bone with a note attached in honor of TenGallonHatMan67. When they start doing the excavation for the new stadium in 2008, how funny will be when the construction guys start digging up his "remains."
    Kinda like having a lawn sheep as a mascot and taking it to Hooters for a photo-op?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You missed the JI classic with "Jetman Avatar Season 2003/2004 Edition" where he took a picture of himself in a yachtsman's cap while in a rowboat on the Delaware river. You can't make this stuff up.

The next thing is where are we going to find Randy Lee a new grill boy to replace CamoHatMan67? I was thinking maybe we could chip in and buy 16H a day laborer if nobody wants the job?

Any other suggestions?
    It looks like the job is taken for the Home Opener, the Miami Game and the Detroit Game. SpChick and I will be in town for those games.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

You are so full of **** it is ridiculous Jetman.... You need to get a unique idea for once in your life......... I am very disappointed in you..
    Last edited by murphklecko73; 06-05-2006 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Want to add more to it

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73
    You are so full of **** it is ridiculous Jetman.... You need to get a unique idea for once in your life......... I am very disappointed in you..
    If Jokeman67 is coming in for three games, then we still need to cover Troop 16H for the other five home games. How much are day laborers going for these days?

Hey, how about helping out a homeless guy off the Bowery? We could pay him to help Randy set up the tailgate, watch all the stuff while we are in the stadium, plus feed the man and let him take home any leftovers.

I like that idea. Hey Murph, don't you cut through the city on your way to the swamps?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The way jetman has been handling his business, he might actually be the guy we pick up!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

The way jetman has been handling his business, he might actually be the guy we pick up!!!!!
    C'mon Murph, I thought General Lee was looking to raise the bar at 16H not lower it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

General Lee is not raising the bar if he has JM67 there in 2006

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

General Lee is not raising the bar if he has JM67 there in 2006
    I think the General genuinely likes Jman. Of course on the 16H and tailgating level, what's not to like?

The guy is in the lot at 5:00 a.m. waiting for the trucks to roll up. He does help with all the manual labor and menial tasks in order for the tailgate to function as well as it does. For all intensive purposes he does provide a "village idiot" type of entertainment that a few tailgaters enjoy.

However, the "village idiot" level of entertainment wears thin very quickly with the regular tailgaters season in and season out. I have to admit last seasons cavalcade of bullsh*t stories was too much even for me, and I speak fluent crazy!

Stolen license plates that mysteriously get mailed to your home address. It's so funny when only three people know your home address, one of them being Jman.

Stories of getting arrested for D.W.I. and endangering the welfare of a child with your son in the car on the way home from a tailgate party, yet there is no record anywhere of the alleged arrest in the NJ police reports and/or records.

The Jetman farewell tailgate party. I am still kicking myself that I didn't take cash bets and give everyone 7 to 1 odds that he would be back by the home opener 2006. I would be so cashed up right now that we could have forgone the Tillman raffles and just donated the winnings to the foundation.

Care to finish my post with the season tickets story Murph? Take your time and don't leave out any details, I love non fiction tales.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Well in defense to Mr Jetman67 I will say he has had one hell of a 2005-2006. I mean the "All my children" staff could not have thought up this stuff, I have never seen someone have such an emotional, financial, psychological roller coaster of a time in my life. Granted he has brought on most of this stuff himself but it still must be very hard to go through.
    The season tickets story is a short,stupid one, lets just say Never count your chickens before they hatch, but at least I was expecting the other shoe to drop.
    I for one do not like alot of Drama in my life, that is what the Jets give me, drama, heart burn, head aches, but I love them. I feel in closing that Mr Jetman67 should be welcomed back to 16H with open arms as long as he does not do three things that are very important to all of our happiness.
    1- Do not bring that Freaking whistle to the tailgate or he might eat it.
    2- Do not bring the Drama of " As The drunk,phony Realtor turns"to the tailgate everyone uses 16H as an escpae from there Monday-Friday lives he should also.
    3- and this one is the most important. He should not get in my way of the Beer truck

Also if Jetman does not mind we should raffle off the Jetman license plate I bet it would be a big item...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I feel in closing that Mr Jetman67 should be welcomed back to 16H with open arms as long as he does not do three things that are very important to all of our happiness.

2- Do not bring the Drama of "As The drunk, phony Realtor turns" to the tailgate. Everyone uses 16H as an escpae from there Monday-Friday lives he should also.

3- And this one is the most important. He should not get in my way of the Beer truck

Also we should raffle off the Jetman license plate I bet it would be a big item...
    So there is a happy ending to this story after all Murph.

Randy gets his grill boy back for three tailgates this season, the whistles, bullsh*t stories & blocking the beer truck path will not be tolerated at any time during a tailgate and I get another great raffle item to auction off for the Pat Tillman Foundation!

Sounds like a win-win situation all around.
    Last edited by Limolady; 06-09-2006 at 01:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So there is a happy ending to this story after all Murph.

Randy gets his grill boy back for three tailgates this season, the whistles, bullsh*t stories & blocking the beer truck path will not be tolerated at any time during a tailgate and I get another great raffle item to auction off for the Pat Tillman Foundation!

Sounds like a win-win situation all around.
    Grillboy??? Im still retired from that. There is no way Im dragging SPchick out of bed at 5am to set up. I prefer to stay in bed these days. LMAO!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67
    Grillboy??? Im still retired from that. There is no way Im dragging SPchick out of bed at 5am to set up. I prefer to stay in bed these days. LMAO!!!
    I agree 110% that SPChick should NOT be out at 16H at 5 a.m.

Grill boy'in, flag mounting, tables, chairs, coolers, garbage can turkey, and DJ equipment set up is man's work. Approximately four hours (or later) before kickoff is perfectly acceptable for a lady to show up at a tailgate party.

She is also welcomed to 16H with open arms so long as she does not do three things that are very important for everyone's happiness:

1 - Do not wear anything that has the word "NE Patriot or Seattle SeaHawk" on it. Someone stole her patsie hat when she visited 16H last season and it somehow ended up in the fire.

2 - Do not bring ANY personal drama whatsoever to the tailgate. We are all happy that the two of you are happy, but nobody really wants to hear all of your personal & intimate details.

3 - And this one is the most important. Do not get in the way of my Santa Margarita Pino Grigio, fresh fruit & cheese platter and Tillman raffles. However, she is more than welcome to BYOB and join the 1st Ladies of Jets Football as long as she respects rules #1 and #2.

Last edited by Limolady; 06-10-2006 at 08:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I agree 110% that SPChick should NOT be out at 16H at 5 a.m.

Grill boy'in, flag mounting, tables, chairs, coolers, garbage can turkey, and DJ equipment set up is man's work. Approximately four hours (or later) before kickoff is perfectly acceptable for a lady to show up at a tailgate party.

She is also welcomed to 16H with open arms so long as she does not do three things that are very important for everyone's happiness:

1 - Do not wear anything that has the word "NE Patriot or Seattle SeaHawk" on it. Someone stole her patsie hat when she visited 16H last season and it somehow ended up the fire.

2 - Do not bring ANY personal drama whatsoever to the tailgate. We are all happy that the two of you are happy, but nobody really wants to hear all of your personal & intimate details.

3 - And this one is the most important. Do not get in the way of my Santa Margarita Pino Grigio, fresh fruit & cheese platter and Tillman raffles. However, she is more than welcome to BYOB and join the 1st Ladies of Jets Football as long as she respects rules #1 and #2.

LMAO!! I GUARANTEE YOU THAT YOUR LITTLE RULE #1 WILL BE BROKEN THE HOME OPENER.

FYI: Even if she breaks that rule, I agree with you on it. Its bad enough to have to look at the Patsie stuff at home!! YUK!!!

Santa Margarita Pino Grigio???? That aint a tailgate drink!!! Thats a sitting by the lake in the middle of the summer on a Sunday afternoon drink!!! YUK!!!!!! LMAO

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Yuk!!!!!yuk!!!!!yuk!!!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

HAWKMAN67 has a nice ring to it. Do you think the people in Seattle are ready for that....???

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee
    WHO WILL BE THE NEXT JETMAN......CAN IT BE YOU?
    The General
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news General, but "the group" took a straw poll and the vote was overwhelming & unanimous -

DO NOT REPLACE JETMAN!

The group feels it's time to move on. The overall theme & atmosphere of Jets camaraderie you have created is perfect just the way it is now. Getting us another village idiot would be a big mistake. Bringing back the old one would be an even bigger one.

So, let's wish Hawkman67 & SeaPatsyChick all the luck & happiness with their new life - in Seattle.

As for who gets to do the ceremonial "ripping off of the turkey leg" Murph had a great idea. Can we pull someone's name from the Tillman bucket and give a different person at each tailgate the honors? The group thinks it would go over very well with the other tailgaters & enhance an already fun part of the Troop 16H experience.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Limolady; 06-14-2006 at 10:59 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I have an idea... How about a Lumberjack Competition on opening day...... Anyone interested??

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I have an idea... How about a Lumberjack Competition on opening day...... Anyone interested??
    Great idea Murph!

We could hand the first tailgater who gets blind & stupid drunk a freshly sharpened axe along with a picture of Hawkman67 as an intended target, that would be fun.

BTW - Chris Pierce called me this morning and he's getting ready to ship 117 Herman Edwards bobble head dolls to me. He also has a 3 foot ceramic Edwards statue (like this one of Santana):

For a deeply discounted price. I asked him if he could put the statue on the side for me until we can figure out what to do with it and how it can raise money for the Tillman Foundation.

Anyone have any suggestions and/or thoughts on this one?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.
    Last edited by Limolady; 06-14-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well in defense to Mr Jetman67 I will say he has had one hell of a 2005-2006. I mean the "All my children" staff could not have thought up this stuff, I have never seen someone have such an emotional, financial, psychological roller coaster of a time in my life. Granted he has brought on most of this stuff himself but it still must be very hard to go through.
    The season tickets story is a short,stupid one, lets just say Never count your chickens before they hatch, but at least I was expecting the other shoe to drop.
    I for one do not like alot of Drama in my life, that is what the Jets give me, drama, heart burn, head aches, but I love them. I feel in closing that Mr Jetman67 should be welcomed back to 16H with open arms as long as he does not do three things that are very important to all of our happiness.
    2- Do not bring the Drama of " As The drunk,phony Realtor turns"to the tailgate everyone uses 16H as an escpae from there Monday-Friday lives he should also.
    3- and this one is the most important. He should not get in my way of the Beer truck

Also if Jetman does not mind we should raffle off the Jetman license plate I bet it would be a big item...

You want to raffle the license plate, you got it. I cant think of a better cause.

As far as the drama is concerned, that is finally OVER!!! Im adjusting well to a quiet lifestyle that I have not had in a very long time.

I will be a guest at 16H and it would no longer be appropriate to be ripping off turkey legs. Im ready to sit back, relax and just enjoy a day out.
    Last edited by jetman67; 07-14-2006 at 02:36 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

To the dump!!!!!!