Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: Who Will Replace Jetman

  1. #1
    Jets Insider Club Member
    Tailgate King

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Who Will Replace Jetman

    WHO WILL BE THE NEXT JETMAN......CAN IT BE YOU

    I NEED SOMEBODY TO RIP THE LEG OF THE TURKEY.

    SUBMIT WHY YOU SHOULD BE THE NEW JET PERSON. ALWAYS PC HERE.

    Once all the nominations are in, I will decide on his replacement.

    You must attend 90% of the tailgates to even be considered.

    Best of luck and let the best turkey ripper prevail.

    The General

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I can compete in the turkey dept, but in memory of 67 I promise to keep my shirt soaked in beer.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for Warfish

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm pretty sure you could throw a buck or two at one of those can collector or tee shirt sale guys to replace jetman. nothing personal but he didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

    good luck in sin city, jetman.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee
    WHO WILL BE THE NEXT JETMAN......CAN IT BE YOU I NEED SOMEBODY TO RIP THE LEG OF THE TURKEY. SUBMIT WHY YOU SHOULD BE THE NEW JET PERSON. ALWAYS PC HERE.
    If this is some sort of help wanted ad, you may want to go into a little more detail with the job description. Jetman 67's position was not just simply ripping a leg off the garbage can turkey, his responsibilities also entailed:

    Arriving at Troop 16H at 5 a.m. for a 1 p.m. game to avoid the $15 parking fee.

    Getting drunk as early as possible, spilling beer all over yourself and others within a 10 foot radius of wherever you are stumbling to or from.

    Blowing a whistle and air horns in people's ears to the point that they want to beat the living crap out of you.

    Telling such far fetched stories that even the kids run away when they see you coming, just ask Jetboy 95.

    Becoming so obnoxious and annoying that people bombard your car with lemon & lime wedges and steal your license plate.

    Must be able to catch a football in a crowd of tailgaters while knocking down chairs, beers and Al B. Sure's girlfriend into the garbage can turkey pit of hot charcoal before landing face down on the asphalt.

    Puking your guts out all over the swamps and yourself, yet be damn proud that you did.

    Must wear a Jets jersey with your internet username on the back of it.

    Must be willing to wear ridiculous hats such as a yachtsman's cap when in a row boat on the Delaware River and use it as an avatar pic.

    Other employment opportunities include becoming a Real Estate agent in the Poconos, PA that couldn't sell water in the desert.

    Keep a Jets gym locker in your bedroom with all of your game gear in it.

    But the most important part of Jetman's job was to be a die hard Jet fan, a valued member of Troop 16H, a good friend and an endless source of fun & entertainment in an otherwise cynical and disappointing world. As I told him last night at his farewell tailgate, his reputation as our village idiot will live on long after he is gone and I will always love him no matter what.

    My question now is, since he's gone, does the village really need another idiot?
    Last edited by Limolady; 11-28-2005 at 07:15 PM.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    3,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget that another important part of the JetMan job is having at least 1,000 posts on this message board that contain the words:

    "DAMN CHOWDS!!!"

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by General Lee
    WHO WILL BE THE NEXT JETMAN......CAN IT BE YOU

    I NEED SOMEBODY TO RIP THE LEG OF THE TURKEY.

    SUBMIT WHY YOU SHOULD BE THE NEW JET PERSON. ALWAYS PC HERE.

    Once all the nominations are in, I will decide on his replacement.

    You must attend 90% of the tailgates to even be considered.

    Best of luck and let the best turkey ripper prevail.

    The General
    While I can`t see any one person replaceing .I have 2 suggestions General that you can pick from (Idea 1 ) You can have a drawing each week as part of your Pat Tillman drawing where the person who wins gets the JETMAN prize for the following week ,he wheres the JETMAN Honered 67 JERSEY & hardhat and gets to rip off the turkey leg for that game (week 1 would be murph since he`s got jon`s tickets already...(idea 2) the first non 16 H set up person that attends the 16 H tailgate each week (in honer of jon`s 5am arrival to beat the meadowlands out of $15 ) would get to where the jersey hard hat & get the turkey leg for that game...just a couple of idea`s Randy...

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is Jetman gone???

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet
    Why is Jetman gone???
    He`s moved to the land where ELVIS STILL LIVES & PREFORMS NIGHTLY...... VEGAS BABY!!!

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    He took his real estatre gig out West?


    What about the Car....did that head west too??

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edcopp
    Don't forget that another important part of the JetMan job is having at least 1,000 posts on this message board that contain the words:

    "DAMN CHOWDS!!!"
    That's why I loved him.. he used to be very consistent with that line.

    Then he fell for a Chowd and lost his edge... Damn Chowds !

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the heck did jon move? What about his family??

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nevermind, I saw the other thread!

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink #67 is Dead, Long Live #73!

    I think Jetman's vacated position within the company may be harder to fill than first anticipated, so I nominate this guy as his replacement:


  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Troop 16H MEMBER
    Posts
    2,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOOOOOO!! I am not wearing the Jetman67 jersey... I have thought long and hard about this and I think we should NOT replace JM67. After all who could replace him. And why would we want to. He is a good guy that definitely could take a joke..And he will be missed but we should not replace him..

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73
    WOOOOOO!! I am not wearing the Jetman67 jersey... I have thought long and hard about this and I think we should NOT replace JM67. After all who could replace him. And why would we want to. He is a good guy that definitely could take a joke..And he will be missed but we should not replace him..
    I concur Murph. I do think that the General is sincere in wanting to keep the ripping of the turkey leg a Troop 16H tradition, that's great and he should, but there is no replacing a Jetman67. As I stated before, we all love JM, but now that he is gone, does the village really need another idiot? I also like the idea of pulling a name from the Tillman bucket and letting that person rip the leg off, but that's also up to Randy, we'll see.

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    I concur Murph. I do think that the General is sincere in wanting to keep the ripping of the turkey leg a Troop 16H tradition, that's great and he should, but there is no replacing a Jetman67. As I stated before, we all love JM, but now that he is gone, does the village really need another idiot? I also like the idea of pulling a name from the Tillman bucket and letting that person rip the leg off, but that's also up to Randy, we'll see.
    I think that's a great idea. The puller can use the opposing teams jersey as a grease rag just before it's burned.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    If this is some sort of help wanted ad, you may want to go into a little more detail with the job description. Jetman 67's position was not just simply ripping a leg off the garbage can turkey, his responsibilities also entailed:

    Arriving at Troop 16H at 5 a.m. for a 1 p.m. game to avoid the $15 parking fee.

    Getting drunk as early as possible, spilling beer all over yourself and others within a 10 foot radius of wherever you are stumbling to or from.

    Blowing a whistle and air horns in people's ears to the point that they want to beat the living crap out of you.

    Telling such far fetched stories that even the kids run away when they see you coming, just ask Jetboy 95.

    Becoming so obnoxious and annoying that people bombard your car with lemon & lime wedges and steal your license plate.

    Must be able to catch a football in a crowd of tailgaters while knocking down chairs, beers and Al B. Sure's girlfriend into the garbage can turkey pit of hot charcoal before landing face down on the asphalt.

    Puking your guts out all over the swamps and yourself, yet be damn proud that you did.

    Must wear a Jets jersey with your internet username on the back of it.

    Must be willing to wear ridiculous hats such as a yachtsman's cap when in a row boat on the Delaware River and use it as an avatar pic.

    Other employment opportunities include becoming a Real Estate agent in the Poconos, PA that couldn't sell water in the desert.

    Keep a Jets gym locker in your bedroom with all of your game gear in it.

    But the most important part of Jetman's job was to be a die hard Jet fan, a valued member of Troop 16H, a good friend and an endless source of fun & entertainment in an otherwise cynical and disappointing world. As I told him last night at his farewell tailgate, his reputation as our village idiot will live on long after he is gone and I will always love him no matter what.

    My question now is, since he's gone, does the village really need another idiot?
    Limo,

    Could be your best post ever.

    That's some funny sh*t right there.

    Why do I get the feeling that it is all 100% true.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC via NY
    Posts
    8,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady
    Other employment opportunities include becoming a Real Estate agent in the Poconos, PA that couldn't sell water in the desert.
    Ain't that the truth. He has had a property of mine listed for fricken 9 months....

    Ok, my soon to be ex-wife botched up a potential sale, but other than that!

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, MA.
    Posts
    4,257
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buh-bye Corky!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us