Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam: you've always been a bad man

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Saddam: you've always been a bad man

[url=http://www.whosaiditiraq.blogspot.com/]who said what when[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    These people obviously have no idea what they are talking about...the daily lives of Iraqi's was soooo much better under their beloved Sadaam, just ask the libs on this boards.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]the daily lives of Iraqi's was soooo much better under their beloved Sadaam, just ask the libs on this boards.....[/B][/QUOTE]

Or just ask Bush's handpicked interim PM for Iraq, Alawi!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Or just ask Bush's handpicked interim PM for Iraq, Alawi![/QUOTE]

Good one... you got those nasty neo cons there! Does that change the fact that every one of the people on that link have blatantly lied or flip flopped just for the sake of opposing Bush? Just for political reasons? I would say I'm disappointed, but that would connote that it's a surprise. Stop spewing the company line... think for yourself.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B] Does that change the fact that every one of the people on that link have blatantly lied or flip flopped just for the sake of opposing Bush? Just for political reasons?[/B][/QUOTE]

Everyone one of those people on the link also supported Bush's invasion of Iraq, the forced democracy at gunpoint, the elections, the presence of WMDs, etc... were they lying then as well? Or is it only a lie when it doesnt support your viewpoint?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]Stop spewing the company line... think for yourself.[/B][/QUOTE]

OK my bad, i will only agree with you from now on. Everything i say will be in support of the WOT. Iraq is a democracy. They are voting. The terrrrrisss are on the run. We must stay the course.... keep our resolve..... fight them there so we dont fight them here....... democracy is spreading like the plague in the ME

Yeah , think for myself.

Ricky boy, when you finish HS and open your eyes, you will see that I am thinking for myself. Stop with the ridiculous lines. Think for yourself!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    as i've asked a thousand times, so democrats are liars, political hounds, and, in some cases, "racists," yet we're supposed to believe their comments on the war in iraq?..we get it, democratic politicians say one thing and do another...thanks for opening my eyes :rolleyes: ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Everyone one of those people on the link also supported Bush's invasion of Iraq, the forced democracy at gunpoint, the elections, the presence of WMDs, etc... were they lying then as well? Or is it only a lie when it doesnt support your viewpoint?[/QUOTE]

I don't know when they were lying... then or now. They TEND to just agree with what polls say and tend not to think for themselves. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with MY point of view. They said one thing and then said something completely opposite. Which is it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]OK my bad, i will only agree with you from now on. Everything i say will be in support of the WOT. Iraq is a democracy. They are voting. The terrrrrisss are on the run. We must stay the course.... keep our resolve..... fight them there so we dont fight them here....... democracy is spreading like the plague in the ME

Yeah , think for myself.

Ricky boy, when you finish HS and open your eyes, you will see that I am thinking for myself. Stop with the ridiculous lines. Think for yourself![/QUOTE]

Again, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with my POV! I'm well out of high school and college thank you very much for the continued insults. Resorting to those tactics is only more proof that you don't have a leg to stand on. Unfortunately, you have not made one point that wasn't provided to you by liberal politicians. Politicians clearly out to get Bush no matter what the cost or what the lie. You refuse to believe ANYTHING that Bush says. That's a problem. You doubt ANYTHING that comes from a conservative White House. As I've said before, anyone who believes everything coming from a politician is simply a blind follower. In the same vein, anyone who disputes everything coming from a politician is just as bad. That's why I say, "think for yourself." Be a leader... not a follower, Kenny boy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=deadringer]as i've asked a thousand times, so democrats are liars, political hounds, and, in some cases, "racists," yet we're supposed to believe their comments on the war in iraq?..we get it, democratic politicians say one thing and do another...thanks for opening my eyes :rolleyes: ...[/QUOTE]

Democrats aren't the only liars, political hounds, or even racists, but yes, they DO seem to be completely reversing their viewpoints with no other goal in mind but to make Bush look bad. It's that blatant. What amazes me is that there are people on this board that have no problem whatsoever with that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]They TEND to just agree with what polls say and tend not to think for themselves[/B][/QUOTE]

Did you read the article Ricky?
    The article is about Alawi's position.

[U]Alawi[/U] is saying that the current Shia government in Iraq is corrupt and brutal.
    Do you even know who Alawi is? You really think he is saying this in response to polls? Hes not an American politician, why should he care about American polls?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]Democrats aren't the only liars, political hounds, or even racists, but yes, they DO seem to be completely reversing their viewpoints with no other goal in mind but to make Bush look bad. It's that blatant. What amazes me is that there are people on this board that have no problem whatsoever with that.[/B][/QUOTE]

I do have a problem with the Dems. They were cowards when they supported giving the president the ok to go to war. Absolutely spineless. They were too frightened that they would be labled as unpatriotic or wimpy if they did not go along with the war. They were too worried about their political lives instead of using their brains and saying this war is wrong. Invading Iraq is not worth the problems t will create.

But your wrong. Their motives are not to simply make Bush look bad. Deep inside they knew invading Iraq was wrong. But they were more concerned about the politics. Now they are voicing their true feelings about the war b/c the public also is against it. What the dems are guilty of is being gutless. Not trying to make the Pres look bad at al costs. Bush is doing a good enough job making himself look bad with his decisionmaking.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Lieberman on iraq:

I have just returned from my fourth trip to Iraq in the past 17 months and can report real progress there. More work needs to be done, of course, but the Iraqi people are in reach of a watershed transformation from the primitive, killing tyranny of Saddam to modern, self-governing, self-securing nationhood--unless the great American military that has given them and us this unexpected opportunity is prematurely withdrawn. . . .

Here is an ironic finding I brought back from Iraq. While U.S. public opinion polls show serious declines in support for the war and increasing pessimism about how it will end, polls conducted by Iraqis for Iraqi universities show increasing optimism. Two-thirds say they are better off than they were under Saddam, and a resounding 82% are confident their lives in Iraq will be better a year from now than they are today. What a colossal mistake it would be for America's bipartisan political leadership to choose this moment in history to lose its will and, in the famous phrase, to seize defeat from the jaws of the coming victory.

[url]http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110007611[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]Two-thirds say they are better off than they were under Saddam, and a resounding 82% are confident their lives in Iraq will be better a year from now than they are today. [/B] [/QUOTE]

This represents the opinion of the shia majority. Im sure that living under a Shia dominant theocracy in their opinion is better than living under a secular Baathist dictator.[U] But is that better for us? [/U]

If you poll Iranians, the majority will say that life under the current mullahs is better than life was under the American backed Shah, that clearly is not better for us!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not so sure that Iranians would honestly say things are better now. There is so much repression of thought there that I think they would say the opposite if they knew there would be no repercussions.

As far as iraq goes, there is no way that living under a ruthless dictator would be preferable to any other form of society, unless you were part of the minority who was killing tens of thousands of innocent people.

It's a joke that anyone would defend living under saddam as preferable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Did you read the article Ricky?
    The article is about Alawi's position.

[U]Alawi[/U] is saying that the current Shia government in Iraq is corrupt and brutal.
    Do you even know who Alawi is? You really think he is saying this in response to polls? Hes not an American politician, why should he care about American polls?[/QUOTE]

I said nothing about Alawi. Nice try shifting the subject again, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]I do have a problem with the Dems. They were cowards when they supported giving the president the ok to go to war. Absolutely spineless. They were too frightened that they would be labled as unpatriotic or wimpy if they did not go along with the war. They were too worried about their political lives instead of using their brains and saying this war is wrong. Invading Iraq is not worth the problems t will create.

But your wrong. Their motives are not to simply make Bush look bad. Deep inside they knew invading Iraq was wrong. But they were more concerned about the politics. Now they are voicing their true feelings about the war b/c the public also is against it. What the dems are guilty of is being gutless. Not trying to make the Pres look bad at al costs. Bush is doing a good enough job making himself look bad with his decisionmaking.[/QUOTE]

Ah so we may be getting somewhere here. You're saying that all of those Democrats in that link (and others) LIED?!?!?! NOW who misled the American people? Maybe it is all of those Democrats that should be so under fire today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]This represents the opinion of the shia majority. Im sure that living under a Shia dominant theocracy in their opinion is better than living under a secular Baathist dictator.[U] But is that better for us? [/U]

If you poll Iranians, the majority will say that life under the current mullahs is better than life was under the American backed Shah, that clearly is not better for us![/QUOTE]

Yet another of your posts not based on fact, but what you THINK may be true. Whether or not I agree with you on this doesn't matter. I'm just pointing out another example of your making up your own "facts."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][QUOTE]I'm just pointing out another example of your making up your own "facts."[/QUOTE][/B]

I never said it was a fact. The poll of Iranians has not been conducted. But ill bet if it was , id be right

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]Ah so we may be getting somewhere here. You're saying that all of those Democrats in that link (and others) LIED?!?!?! NOW who misled the American people? Maybe it is all of those Democrats that should be so under fire today[/B][/QUOTE]

Wrong sport. The Dems were merely going along with W and what he presented to the American people. They are guilty of not questioning or analyzing the intelligence carefully. I never called Bush a liar. I also dont think he coerced agents to come up with or fix the intelligence. What I do blame him for is cherry picking the intelligence to support his cause. I also blame him for not presenting the entire case re Iraq. There was intelligence that contradicted the talking points he brought forward including questions surrounding the sources of what he was presenting to the world (for example he knew the info obtained from al-libi was not reliable yet he kept saying "we know without a doubt"). That may be acceptable in politics. But its not acceptable when our soldiers lives are put on the line