Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saddam: you've always been a bad man

[QUOTE][B]I'm not sure what the answer is, but it's NOT Hussein[/B][/QUOTE]

And here lies the problem.
    Before you commit the troops, risk lives, and spend billions on a war to remove a man from power, you better have a better answer than this as to who/what will replace the Hussein regime.

Thats why as W said in 1999 (one thing i agree with him on): he is not into nation building.

[QUOTE][B]History is my proof. It's reality.[/B][/QUOTE]

As I expected, simply BS!
    Pulling stuff out of your a$$ and claiming its fact!

[QUOTE=kennyo7]As I expected, simply BS!
    Pulling stuff out of your a$$ and claiming its fact![/QUOTE]

NO NO NO! That's what YOU generally do. Hussein would NOT let the inspectors into his palaces and other places of interest which was why he was given the ultimatum. That's not pulling anything from my ***. That's simply history.

[QUOTE][B]NO NO NO! That's what YOU generally do. Hussein would NOT let the inspectors into his palaces and other places of interest which was why he was given the ultimatum. That's not pulling anything from my ***. That's simply history.[/B][/QUOTE]

Again , you are making this up.

He [U]did[/U] accept the last conditions of inspections brought forth by the US and UN. Look it up!

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Again , you are making this up.

He [U]did[/U] accept the last conditions of inspections brought forth by the US and UN. Look it up![/QUOTE]

I'm not making this up at all. The UN was NOT allowed into his palaces. YOU look it up.

On Nov8, 2002 UNSC adopts RES 1441 outlining provisions for enhanced weapons inspections after Washington's arm-twisting succeeded in gaining a unanimous vote for Resolution 1441 .

On Nov 13, 2002 Iraq accepts RES 1441 .

That was the last request weapons inspectors made to Iraq.

UN weapons inspectors worked in Iraq from November 27, 2002 until March 18, 2003. During that time, inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the United Nations Monitoring, Verification, and Inspections Commission (UNMOVIC) conducted more than 900 inspections at more than 500 sites. The inspectors did not find that Iraq possessed chemical or biological weapons or that it had reconstituted its nuclear weapons program.

Then we invaded!

[QUOTE=kennyo7]On Nov8, 2002 UNSC adopts RES 1441 outlining provisions for enhanced weapons inspections after Washington's arm-twisting succeeded in gaining a unanimous vote for Resolution 1441 .

On Nov 13, 2002 Iraq accepts RES 1441 .

That was the last request weapons inspectors made to Iraq.

UN weapons inspectors worked in Iraq from November 27, 2002 until March 18, 2003. During that time, inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the United Nations Monitoring, Verification, and Inspections Commission (UNMOVIC) conducted more than 900 inspections at more than 500 sites. The inspectors did not find that Iraq possessed chemical or biological weapons or that it had reconstituted its nuclear weapons program.

Then we invaded![/QUOTE]

You are corect on 1441 being the last resolution, but Hussein did NOT let the inspectors into numerous sites that were requested. He was even interviewed (I believe by CBS) and said that he never WOULD let the inspectors into his palaces. I'm sorry, but you're post does not refer to Hussein allowing the inspectors full access.
    Resolution 1441 states that Iraq was in "material breach of its obligations" including "Iraq's failure to cooperate with United Nations inspectors." It goes on to state that Iraq shall provide UNMOVIC and the IAEA immediate, UNIMPEDED, UNCONDITIONAL, and UNRESTRICTED access to any and all, including underground, areas, facilities, buildings, equipment, records, and means of transport which they wish to inspect, as well as IMMEDIATE, UNIMPEDED, UNRESTRICTED, and PRIVATE ACCESS to all officials and other persone whom UNMOVIC or the IAEA wish to nterview." This was not adhered to by Hussein. So yes... after Hussein thumbed his nose at the US, the UN, and the world at large for years... we invaded. When should we have said "enough is enough" after trying for so long to diplomatically resolve issues with Iraq?

[QUOTE][B]When should we have said "enough is enough" after trying for so long to diplomatically resolve issues with Iraq?[/B][/QUOTE]

What issues, Iraq was not a threat to us. Saddam was contained. He was nothing but a minor nuicance.

If you are worried so much of violations of UN resolutions, maybe we should put the same kind of pressure on Israel!

They have violated countless resolutions:

[url]http://www.jatonyc.org/UNresolutions.html[/url]

Why havent we held Israel to the same level of accountability?

[QUOTE=kennyo7]What issues, Iraq was not a threat to us. Saddam was contained. He was nothing but a minor nuicance.

If you are worried so much of violations of UN resolutions, maybe we should put the same kind of pressure on Israel!

They have violated countless resolutions:

[url]http://www.jatonyc.org/UNresolutions.html[/url]

Why havent we held Israel to the same level of accountability?[/QUOTE]

Well most of the people in our governement all felt otherwise regarding how much of a threat Saddam was for quite a long time.
    I'm not worred about UN resolutions. I'm only stating that the US TRIED to negotiate with Hussein. The US TRIED to address him through diplomatic means. We did it through the one of the generally accepted ways... the UN. That was the point. Israel has little to do with this "conversation".

[QUOTE][B]Well most of the people in our governement all felt otherwise regarding how much of a threat Saddam was for quite a long time.[/B][/QUOTE]

And they were wrong! But most people did not think we had to go to war and take out Saddam by military force. Thats the difference!

[QUOTE][B]Israel has little to do with this "conversation".[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually , Israel has alot to do with the mess in the ME!

The referance to Israel's breaking of the resolutions is just an example to show that the things we accuse Saddam of being guilty of is shared by many others.

He is not the only one:

- who is guilty of killing his own people
    - being a tyrant
    - breaking UN resolutions
    - violating human rights
    - invading neighboring countries
    - being [U][U]accuse[/U]d[/U] of having terrrisss ties

yet, we chose to hold only him accountable and take only him out.....unless you plan on invading all these other countries

Sooner or later the truth comes out:

Libs and dems against the war eventually admit their anti-Israel bias.

[QUOTE][B]Libs and dems against the war eventually admit their anti-Israel bias.[/B][/QUOTE]

Why should i care about Israel?
    Why do you care?
    Do you think Israel has anything to do with this war?
    Could they be benefiting from the chaos we have created in Iraq?

Go make nice to saddam, he's your hero, right?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Why should i care about Israel?
    Why do you care?
    Do you think Israel has anything to do with this war?
    Could they be benefiting from the chaos we have created in Iraq?[/QUOTE]

Israel is our ally. Israel is a democracy, like us. Israel's citizens suffer from unprovoked terrorist attacks, from the same groups that attack western interests both abroad and in the US. Israel is surrounded on all sides by murderously hostile neighbors. Israel has one of the most sophisticated intelligence agencies in the world, especially proficient in an area of the world in which our intel agency is sorely lacking expertise.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]And they were wrong! But most people did not think we had to go to war and take out Saddam by military force. Thats the difference!

Actually , Israel has alot to do with the mess in the ME!

The referance to Israel's breaking of the resolutions is just an example to show that the things we accuse Saddam of being guilty of is shared by many others.

He is not the only one:

- who is guilty of killing his own people
    - being a tyrant
    - breaking UN resolutions
    - violating human rights
    - invading neighboring countries
    - being [U][U]accuse[/U]d[/U] of having terrrisss ties

yet, we chose to hold only him accountable and take only him out.....unless you plan on invading all these other countries[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced they were necessarily wrong. But you're a Democrat so anything they say goes for you... he must not have had them.
    Yes, Israel has a lot to do with the mess in the ME, but it has little to do with our conversation with involved Hussein's ignoring of UN Security Resolutions and not giving inspectors full access.

[QUOTE][B]Israel's citizens suffer from unprovoked terrorist attacks, from the same groups that attack western interests both abroad and in the US. [/B] [/QUOTE]

This 1 sentence is full of BS. For starters the terrorist attacks are not unprovoked. Israel has violated over 60 UN resolutions concerning their treatment of Palestinians. Israeli policy towards Palestine has been one of humiliation. Go ask the average Palestinian. Israel has numerous human rights violations regarding the treatment of Palestinians. Israel has forced Palestinians into trade policies that have been grossly disadvantageous to Palestine and contributes to their poverty.

When did Palsetine attack on US ground? The last Palestinian attack on western interest (outside Israel) was over 20 years ago.

[QUOTE][B]Israel is surrounded on all sides by murderously hostile neighbors. [/B] [/QUOTE]

Are you including Lebanon? How about the illegal Israeli occupation of Lebanon, maybe that and other Israeli actions have something to do with its neighbors hostility towards Israel?

[QUOTE][B]Israel is a democracy[/B][/QUOTE]

So what ? So is Lebanon. Lebanon has been a democracy for over 35 years (excluding the time when it was in a civil war).

Being a democracy does not justify giving 25% of our total foreign aid to nation of 7 million. It doesnt justify them being the only nation we havent pressured to sign a nuclear non-proliferation treaty, and it sure as hell not a nation i want american blood spilled for!

[QUOTE][B]Go make nice to saddam, he's your hero, right?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yup you figured it out, Saddam [I]is[/I] my hero :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7]This 1 sentence is full of BS. For starters the terrorist attacks are not unprovoked. Israel has violated over 60 UN resolutions concerning their treatment of Palestinians. Israeli policy towards Palestine has been one of humiliation. Go ask the average Palestinian. Israel has numerous human rights violations regarding the treatment of Palestinians. Israel has forced Palestinians into trade policies that have been grossly disadvantageous to Palestine and contributes to their poverty.

When did Palsetine attack on US ground? The last Palestinian attack on western interest (outside Israel) was over 20 years ago.

[/QUOTE]

There you go...the Noam Chomsky justification that America had what was coming to it on 9-11......

Jets Insider VIP
    I clearly remember alll the little cat and mouse games Hussein played: trucks leaving compunds out the backdoor with UN inspectors coming in the front door; some compounds off-limits entirely due to the "sovereignty of Iraq"; compounds that were being inspected having "locked doors...and we're looking for the key"...

Please. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=quantum]I clearly remember alll the little cat and mouse games Hussein played: trucks leaving compunds out the backdoor with UN inspectors coming in the front door; some compounds off-limits entirely due to the "sovereignty of Iraq"; compounds that were being inspected having "locked doors...and we're looking for the key"...

Please. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I remember it well, too. Funny how the libs have selective memories.
    It seemed to happen at a point in time where the MSM was not so anti-Bush, and gave a semi-accurate account of the shenanigans saddam was pulling (or else we really wouldnt have even known about it, would we?)