Thread: Zito to the Mets?

wickedtwisted

Zito to the Mets?

If the Mets pull this off they would have an amazing team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mlb/index.html

Let alone that they are also supposed to sign a catcher and a 2nd Baseman. UNREAL.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedtwisted
    If the Mets pull this off they would have an amazing team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mlb/index.html

Let alone that they are also supposed to sign a catcher and a 2nd Baseman. UNREAL.
    Where in that article does it say that the Mets would acquire Zito? The only thing it says is that Zito is on the trading block and the Mets are interested in Soriano.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Where in that article does it say that the Mets would acquire Zito? The only thing it says is that Zito is on the trading block and the Mets are interested in Soriano.
    The Mets might have a shot at Barry Zito. The A's are very interested in Lastings Milledge, but Zito is a free agent after this season, and the Mets' first choice is to use their top position prospect to acquire Ramirez.
    -- Newsday

TMahoney
    Milledge for Zito or Milledge for Manny...

hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrodyMan
    The Mets might have a shot at Barry Zito. The A's are very interested in Lastings Milledge, but Zito is a free agent after this season, and the Mets' first choice is to use their top position prospect to acquire Ramirez.
    -- Newsday
    Yeah, I saw that after I posted. It would take Milledge + others for either of them and if I was a Met fan, I would be opposed.

TMahoney
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Just say no to Soriano.

If I'm going to trade my top prospect, I want Zito who would start behind Pedro and not have the burden of being #1 or Manny Ramirez who would make our lineup the best the in the majors.

I don't want Soriano, I'd rather keep Milledge.

NO to Milledge for Zito.

wickedtwisted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    NO to Milledge for Zito.
    why?

Veteran
    i really want zito. in a twisted sort of way, i would actually like to have zito over manny. before everyone rips me, let me explain. a proposed trade that is traveling around the internet is milledge and nady for zito, and i wouldnt be all that upset with that. i think that the mets lineup is good as is. it would be as of right now:

reyes
    beltran
    wright
    delgado
    floyd
    nady/diaz
    benjie molina/ramon hernendez
    anderson hernandez/jeff keppinger

and their rotation would be:

pedro
    glavine
    benson
    trachsel
    seo

now in my mind, the sction of the mets that would need more help would be their rotation primarily due to the fact that i think that wright should not have to bat lower than 4th. he deserves to bat 3rd, beltran bats better when he is 2nd anyway, and delgado is a more than adequate cleanup hitter especially with the protection that floyd provides. now if we could add zito to our rotation, that would be huge. we would have 2 aces at the top, glavine who pitched well at the end of the season pitching 3rd and benson who is usually consistent pitching 4th. then trade seo who has some value as a young pitcher for a good setup man and put trachsel in the 5th spot. if we could possibly add seo to the zito deal if the Aa's throw in octavio dotel. then our bullpen would be great also:

heilman
    zambrano
    padilla
    ring
    hernandez
    dotel
    wagner

that definately seems like a team that can win a world series to me. does it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedtwisted
    why?
    He's declining... not a #2 SP... a free agent in a year...

And Milledge is a CAN'T MISS

Veteran
    Zito looks done to me..Veto Zito.

Not thrilled with the Manny proposal either.

Keep Milledge as insurance in case Beltran gets injured.