Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Yanks about to sign my man Kyle Farnsworth

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like

    Yanks about to sign my man Kyle Farnsworth

    A number of media outlets are reporting that it is pretty much a done deal. 3 years/$17 million.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5122276

    http://www.courant.com/sports/baseba...adlines-sports


    http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sp...arnsworth.html

    Consider it done and I couldn't be happier about this move. It's a bit of a risk but I think Farnsworth will be great with us for the next few years.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    good year to be a middle reliever, eh?

    seriously though, this is a move they had to make.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your telling me. I don't think Farnsworth could have dreamed about getting a contract worth $17 million at the end of the season.

    Yes, the Yankees did have to make this move. Unless we wanted to sign Gordon to a 3 year deal (which in my mind would be complete lunacy - I would not even sign him to a 2 year deal as he is on the major decline), we needed Farnsworth.

    And I'll say this. Even if he sucks, if he brushes back Ortiz and Ortiz starts to charge the mound, when he Farnsworth body slams the fat man, he'll be worth $17 million with that one move.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Your telling me. I don't think Farnsworth could have dreamed about getting a contract worth $17 million at the end of the season.

    Yes, the Yankees did have to make this move. Unless we wanted to sign Gordon to a 3 year deal (which in my mind would be complete lunacy - I would not even sign him to a 2 year deal as he is on the major decline), we needed Farnsworth.

    And I'll say this. Even if he sucks, if he brushes back Ortiz and Ortiz starts to charge the mound, when he Farnsworth body slams the fat man, he'll be worth $17 million with that one move.

    kinda like when pedro body slammed don zimmer? you gotta admit that was pretty funny. well at least for a non-yankee fan it was.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hauppauge, New York
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is a great signing for the yankees.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    kinda like when pedro body slammed don zimmer? you gotta admit that was pretty funny. well at least for a non-yankee fan it was.
    I wasn't too pleased with it at the time, but yes, for a non-Yankee fan, I'm sure it was.

    The deal is official now.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2245182

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I wasn't too pleased with it at the time, but yes, for a non-Yankee fan, I'm sure it was.

    The deal is official now.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2245182

    i would've liked to see the mets get this guy actually. but, i guess that would be asking for alot with what they have done so far. anyway, good pick-up for the yanks i think. imo, he will be more effective than gordon. matter of fact i'm kinda glad the phillied took gordon to be their closer. idk why, but gordon just doesn't intimidate me as a closer. which brings me to another point. i know the contract was alot cheaper. but why go to 3 years for a guy like gordon, but refuse to do 4 for wagner who is 5 years younger?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us