Thread: Silence?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Silence?

why isn't anyone talkng about this??

[B]Predator Missile Said to Kill Terror Planner

Updated 10:00 AM ET December 4, 2005 [/B]

Is "appears likely" that the war on terrorism has succeeded in killing another key member of the al Qaeda network, intelligence sources tell ABC News.

And sources say the weapon was a U.S. anti-terror weapon that is a high tech flying robot -- a CIA Predator.

In Kuwait on an official visit, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf said he had no doubt that one of the men killed was a top al Qaeda operative, Abu Hamza Rabia, saying Rabia's death was "200 percent confirmed."

Rabia was indeed the target of a missile attack near Pakistan's rugged northwestern border with Afghanistan, an area called North Waziristan, U.S. intelligence sources tell ABC News.

North Waziristan is where the CIA thinks al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden might be hiding. Rabia was an al Qaeda terror planner, and one of bin Laden's top deputies.

"He would have been the one trying to mount operations both inside Afghanistan, Pakistan and overseas," said Richard Clarke, a former U.S. counterterrorism official and an ABC News consultant.

'Model Airplane on Steroids'
    Intelligence sources say the attack was carried out by a CIA Predator -- a small, unmanned aircraft linked by satellite to a command center that can be halfway around the world.

"This is basically a model airplane on steroids," Clarke said. "It has a small, very quiet propeller engine driven by aviation fuel. It's basically best thought of as a robot."

A pilot controls the Predator with a joystick and sees video images from the aircraft in real-time -- just like a video game.

The Predator can be armed with laser-guided anti-tank missiles called "hellfires." Commanders in the United States can launch an immediate attack if the Predator's controllers spot a target.

"This is an extraordinary asset because it can stay up for a full day, quietly circling, looking at a facility over and over again," Clarke said. "The Predator is perhaps the first robot ever to kill a human being."

Predators have been used against al Qaeda operatives before. In November 2002, one fired missiles on a car in Yemen, killing all six men inside. But Predators can be, and have been, shot down. Yet the pilot is always safe and sound, thousands of miles away.

[url]http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=051204&cat=frontpage&st=frontpagerabia_predator_missile_051204&src=abc[/url]

----------------------------------

gotta love the way the lib-MSM begrudgingly starts off the story...

Maybe because this article was just was printed today? The article I posted has been out for a few days now. Nice try. Even your precious administration won't comment.

[B]Stephen Hadley, the president's national security adviser, declined to confirm on Sunday that Rabia was dead or that the missile attack was carried by a pilotless U.S. plane.

"At this point we are not in a position publicly to confirm that he is dead. But if he is, that is a good thing for the war on terror," Hadley told "Fox News Sunday."[/B]

[url]http://www.comcast.net/news/politics/index.jsp?cat=POLITICS&fn=/2005/12/04/276395.html[/url]
    Last edited by cr726; 12-04-2005 at 12:12 PM.

Or maybe becuase this is the 3,926th time we have killed an AQ # 3 man.
    It becomes a non story after the 1,295th time we kill a #3.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726]Maybe because this article was just was printed today? The article I posted has been out for a few days now. Nice try. Even your precious administration won't comment.

[B]Stephen Hadley, the president's national security adviser, declined to confirm on Sunday that Rabia was dead or that the missile attack was carried by a pilotless U.S. plane.

"At this point we are not in a position publicly to confirm that he is dead. But if he is, that is a good thing for the war on terror," Hadley told "Fox News Sunday."[/B]

[url]http://www.comcast.net/news/politics/index.jsp?cat=POLITICS&fn=/2005/12/04/276395.html[/url][/QUOTE]

the event was all over the news yesterday...sorry-I forgot- you're a lib and need to reflect on week old news....

but let's cut to the chase and be honest...this is not good news for your side; dead American soldiers, suicide bombings and terror attacks bolster your side and political agenda....

dead terrorists are bad for liberals and their agenda....just look how the article starts off...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-04-2005 at 02:03 PM.

How can there be terrorists in Afganistan? According to you that is a doing awesome under American control.

You are an *** if you think I think a dead soldier is ever good news. I have a DD-214 to prove I cared more than you ever could. You were busy staring at yourself in the mirror when I was at Parris Island.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]the event was all over the news yesterday...sorry-I forgot- you're a lib and need to reflect on week old news....

but let's cut to the chase and be honest...this is not good news for your side; dead American soldiers, suicide bombings and terror attacks bolster your side and political agenda....

dead terrorists are bad for liberals and their agenda....just look how the article starts off...[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726]How can there be terrorists in Afganistan? According to you that is a doing awesome under American control.

You are an *** if you think I think a dead soldier is ever good news. I have a DD-214 to prove I cared more than you ever could. You were busy staring at yourself in the mirror when I was at Parris Island.[/QUOTE]

again with the personnel attacks which you have no way of ever proving....then again when you have nothing else I see why you go with it...

BTW: where did I say a dead soldier is good news dumbazz?? I said it bolsters the liberal agenda- which it in fact does....

and of course I never said Afgahnistan was "awesome" nor will you find it.....rather I pointed out your classic liberal ignorance and inference that Afgahnistan was no better today then when America first got in there....more top notch law enforcement observation skills :thumbup:

do you have any original thoughts or do you sit with pen and paper in hand taking down all the talking points as they immediately come from the mouths of the likes of furher dean??
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-04-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Original thought? Do you mean like your title of your post?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726]Original thought? Do you mean like your title of your post?[/QUOTE]

that was just mocking you...something very easy to do-

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]that was just mocking you...something very easy to do-[/QUOTE]

You are a legend in your own mind.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]again with the personnel attacks which you have no way of ever proving....then again when you have nothing else I see why you go with it...

BTW: where did I say a dead soldier is good news dumbazz?? I said it bolsters the liberal agenda- which it in fact does....

and of course I never said Afgahnistan was "awesome" nor will you find it.....rather I pointed out your classic liberal ignorance and inference that Afgahnistan was no better today then when America first got in there....more top notch law enforcement observation skills :thumbup:

do you have any original thoughts or do you sit with pen and paper in hand taking down all the talking points as they immediately come from the mouths of the likes of furher dean??[/QUOTE]

After reading an unfortunate article on a band called Bright Eyes yesterday (and its fudgepacking lead singer), I find it disturbing that some posters here seem to be quoting their "lyrics" (ie, intellectual drivel).