View Poll Results: Who Gets Your Vote for the Heisman?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB Matt Leinert

    4 2.48%
  • QB Brady Quinn

    15 9.32%
  • QB Jay Cutler

    0 0%
  • QB Drew Olsen

    3 1.86%
  • QB Vince Young

    8 4.97%
  • RB Reggie Bush

    128 79.50%
  • OTHER

    3 1.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Vote for the Heisman

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582

    Vote for the Heisman

    Who Gets your vote for the Heisman?

    I vote for Reggie Bush

    Big Surprise, huh?
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 11-25-2005 at 02:34 AM.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Reggie Bush.

    He's one of the most versatile players in the nation: Explosive on both punt-return's and kick-off's. Can take one to the house at any time. At half-back, he's the perfect blend of top-end speed, (I think he's the fastest player in the nation on a football field), and moves. He can go full speed, stop on a dime, and change direction before the defensive player's brain has processed what he just saw. Quick would be an understatement. As far as intangibles, the guy is a winner. He's been on a national championship team and can carry a team on his back when he needs to (see Fresno St game one week ago, without him USC would have had a definite loss).

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Reggie Bush won the Heisman last weekend with his 500 plus all purpose yards.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,975
    Bush, But we need a franchise QB and I don't want him. Bush doesn't want to come to the Jets anyway because of their second class status in NY to the Giants.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    f it, i'll play the devils advocate...as great as Bush has been, USC probably still would be undefeated without him...Vince Young, on the other hand, has been absolutely everything for the texas longhorns, and with a top notch performance against A & M should lock up this years heisman...

    (of course, bush is still the number one pick, while vince should stay in college)

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman
    Bush, But we need a franchise QB and I don't want him. Bush doesn't want to come to the Jets anyway because of their second class status in NY to the Giants.
    You obviously cant read cause Bush was quoted saying he would love to play for the NY Jets...Get a clue!!

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    You obviously cant read cause Bush was quoted saying he would love to play for the NY Jets...Get a clue!!
    forgive the fatman...his signular concern is the location of the stadium...

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Johnsburg
    Posts
    1,337
    My head says Bush....
    My heart says Quinn....

    Quinn for 07

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by chops44
    My head says Bush....
    My heart says Quinn....

    Quinn for 07
    Both my heads say Bush...
    My tongue says Bush as well...

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Who Gets your vote for the Heisman?

    I vote for Reggie Bush

    Big Surprise, huh?
    Archie Griffin had 2 Heisman Trophies making him the only Running Back of his time to win the honor as a junior. And what type of performance did the Bengals get for him after they drafted him ?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    0
    What are you trying to say?
    He voted 4 BUSH, anyway.

    I vote 4 BUSH because I love BUSH. No doubt the Heisman winner, no doubt.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman
    Bush, But we need a franchise QB and I don't want him. Bush doesn't want to come to the Jets anyway because of their second class status in NY to the Giants.

    UUUMMMM.... Bush has already said in an interview that he wants to play for the jets....... do your research before posting non-sence please!!!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastMole
    Archie Griffin had 2 Heisman Trophies making him the only Running Back of his time to win the honor as a junior. And what type of performance did the Bengals get for him after they drafted him ?
    Why do some of you poeple sound like you don't want Bush??? He IS hands down the best player coming out in the draft this season... there is no doubt about that. But yet some of you will argue sencelessly for hours at a time against drafting him.... and to top that... most of you want a lineman instead of him. For the life of me I cannot understand why you wierdo's don't want him. Answer this.... would you want LaDanian Tomlinson.... or Orlando Pace... they are both the best at thier positions.... no? But lets see you take LT off the Chargers.... they won't score half of what they do now... and as dominant as Pace is.... with a good, young QB and a good young RB they still cant seem to do much better than 1 or 2 games over 500 each year... ohhh did I mention they have one of the best WR's in the game also!!! Anyway PLEASE... don't elaborate, or try to explaine your point to me, or argue with me... cause it's all falling on deaf ears. If Bush is available... the Jets WILL pick him, and he WILL carry us a long way from where we are now.... I just want to hear one of you people talk down about him when he is in green and white and running all over the rest of the league... I want just one of you people to say.... hey I wish we drafted a that Left Tackle with the first pick of the 2006 draft.... YEAHHHH.... what was his name again!!! HAHAHAH, all you anti-Bush parisites make me laugh!!!!
    Last edited by Gastineau99Forever; 11-25-2005 at 06:25 PM.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99Forever
    Why do some of you poeple sound like you don't want Bush???
    "You people" are you doing your Ross Perot imitation ?

    Why don't you address my assertion ?

    The reason why we prefer the Jets to draft other positions because it will do more to benefit the team than drafting Reggie Bush



    He IS hands down the best player coming out in the draft this season... there is no doubt about that.
    "IS" Do you have mystical powers of clairvoyancy ? One can not even begin to evaluate the players coming out of the draft until they have a year or two under their belts. Projection based upon conjecture is a quick way to land alot of egg on your face. Archie Griffin looked every bit as promising if not more so than Reggie Bush when the Bengals drafted him out of Ohio State. In 7 years with the Bangles Griffin racked up a paltry 2800 yards.


    But yet some of you will argue sencelessly for hours at a time against drafting him.... and to top that... most of you want a lineman instead of him. For the life of me I cannot understand why you wierdo's don't want him.
    Because "us wierdos" know something about football that you don't. The game of football begins at the line of scrimmage. I don't give a rats a$$ how much speed or what moves Bush has he isn't gaining jack@#$% if there are Two Defensive Linemen and a Linebacker in the backfield waiting for him !


    Answer this.... would you want LaDanian Tomlinson.... or Orlando Pace... they are both the best at thier positions.... no?

    Orlando Pace without a doubt.


    But lets see you take LT off the Chargers.... they won't score half of what they do now... and as dominant as Pace is.... with a good, young QB and a good young RB they still cant seem to do much better than 1 or 2 games over 500 each year...
    Since your taking LaDanian Tomlinson off the Chargers put him behind the Jets current Offensive Line and he wouldn't break a 1000 yards rushing for the season like a certain running back who lead the league in rushing last year.


    ohhh did I mention they have one of the best WR's in the game also!!!
    So the Jets should draft a Wide Receiver ?

    Psssst Hey Bud If you are referring to Antonio Gates he is a Tight End. As to the Bolts Wide Receivers Keenan McCardell, Reche Caldwell and Eric Parker are nothing to write home about.


    Anyway PLEASE... don't elaborate, or try to explaine your point to me, or argue with me... cause it's all falling on deaf ears.
    Ignorance is bliss


    If Bush is available... the Jets WILL pick him, and he WILL carry us a long way from where we are now....
    IF the Jets get him he will carry the team no farther than the running back we have right now.


    I just want to hear one of you people talk down about him when he is in green and white and running all over the rest of the league... I want just one of you people to say.... hey I wish we drafted a that Left Tackle with the first pick of the 2006 draft.... YEAHHHH.... what was his name again!!! HAHAHAH, all you anti-Bush parisites make me laugh!!!!
    Now you listen to me punk !

    If you knew anything about the fundamentals of football you would know that no running back no matter how good he is gaining squat with out a solid line in front of him. The only back who ever defied that was a Super-stud named Earl Campbell. Campbell had speed and was built like an ox. He would make Reggie Bush look like a starving waif ! Had he had a normal career he would have easily eclipsed Walter Payton rushing record and even have an outside shot at 20,000 yards. But because he had nothing to speak of blocking for him his career lasted a mere 6 years during which time he racked up 8300 yards on the ground. When asked why he retired so suddenly Campbell responded "to many 3rd downs and short" Reggie Bush maybe be fast and may have nice moves but one thing is for sure when he moves to the Pros the level of speed and agility of the pursuit he will see will tower over anything he encounters now in college.

    Now to my final point Gastineau99forever. I don't know who you are. Maybe you're just a snot nose punk with a big mouth and a low post count total, or your one of the Regulars here with a nom-de-messageboard because you're afraid to stand behind what you say but one thing is for sure you are not much of a Jet Fan. Why do I say this ? Because if you were a fan of the Jets during the Gastineau Era you would have known that Mark-the-Maniac made his first appearance in the Pro-Bowl in 1979. And if you were really following the Jets that year you would also know that during the same year the New York Jets lead the entire NFL in Team Rushing Yards..............

    Ya know something rather than finishing this I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself punk. So why don't you tell us who was the Jets leading running back the year they lead the league ? That was the only year they ever did that. And then why don't you tell us how the Jets did it ?

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568


    The Heisman voting is silly for this reason alone.......why don't present the trophy AFTER THE BOWL GAMES???????????

    You ALREADY know who wins it before it's handed out in december and there is still games left to be played.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Wow, what a rout ... it's Reggie Bush by a landslide!

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,539
    RB Reggie Bush
    QB Vince Young
    QB Matt Leinert

    ... and everyone else

    RB = LT and the Chargers line is not fantastic - 1 player in an impact role can make a difference but I do not think we will get the #1 pick...

    Also not sure I want to be swept by the Pats again to earn that pick

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    I said give Bush the Heisman after his game against Fresno State (I think it was FS) when the ripped off 500+ total yards....Hopefully he's wearing Jet green in 2006......

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,055
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman
    Bush, But we need a franchise QB and I don't want him. Bush doesn't want to come to the Jets anyway because of their second class status in NY to the Giants.

    hmmmmm, in that case why are you even a jets fan? you should be a bills fan. since they are the only "true" new york team. ur a hypocrite.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,052
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastMole
    "You people" are you doing your Ross Perot imitation ?

    Why don't you address my assertion ?

    The reason why we prefer the Jets to draft other positions because it will do more to benefit the team than drafting Reggie Bush





    "IS" Do you have mystical powers of clairvoyancy ? One can not even begin to evaluate the players coming out of the draft until they have a year or two under their belts. Projection based upon conjecture is a quick way to land alot of egg on your face. Archie Griffin looked every bit as promising if not more so than Reggie Bush when the Bengals drafted him out of Ohio State. In 7 years with the Bangles Griffin racked up a paltry 2800 yards.




    Because "us wierdos" know something about football that you don't. The game of football begins at the line of scrimmage. I don't give a rats a$$ how much speed or what moves Bush has he isn't gaining jack@#$% if there are Two Defensive Linemen and a Linebacker in the backfield waiting for him !





    Orlando Pace without a doubt.




    Since your taking LaDanian Tomlinson off the Chargers put him behind the Jets current Offensive Line and he wouldn't break a 1000 yards rushing for the season like a certain running back who lead the league in rushing last year.




    So the Jets should draft a Wide Receiver ?

    Psssst Hey Bud If you are referring to Antonio Gates he is a Tight End. As to the Bolts Wide Receivers Keenan McCardell, Reche Caldwell and Eric Parker are nothing to write home about.




    Ignorance is bliss




    IF the Jets get him he will carry the team no farther than the running back we have right now.




    Now you listen to me punk !

    If you knew anything about the fundamentals of football you would know that no running back no matter how good he is gaining squat with out a solid line in front of him. The only back who ever defied that was a Super-stud named Earl Campbell. Campbell had speed and was built like an ox. He would make Reggie Bush look like a starving waif ! Had he had a normal career he would have easily eclipsed Walter Payton rushing record and even have an outside shot at 20,000 yards. But because he had nothing to speak of blocking for him his career lasted a mere 6 years during which time he racked up 8300 yards on the ground. When asked why he retired so suddenly Campbell responded "to many 3rd downs and short" Reggie Bush maybe be fast and may have nice moves but one thing is for sure when he moves to the Pros the level of speed and agility of the pursuit he will see will tower over anything he encounters now in college.

    Now to my final point Gastineau99forever. I don't know who you are. Maybe you're just a snot nose punk with a big mouth and a low post count total, or your one of the Regulars here with a nom-de-messageboard because you're afraid to stand behind what you say but one thing is for sure you are not much of a Jet Fan. Why do I say this ? Because if you were a fan of the Jets during the Gastineau Era you would have known that Mark-the-Maniac made his first appearance in the Pro-Bowl in 1979. And if you were really following the Jets that year you would also know that during the same year the New York Jets lead the entire NFL in Team Rushing Yards..............

    Ya know something rather than finishing this I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself punk. So why don't you tell us who was the Jets leading running back the year they lead the league ? That was the only year they ever did that. And then why don't you tell us how the Jets did it ?

    how did barry sanders do with a crappy oline...are you saying curtis martin is a better rb than LT????cus if you are i want some of that shat....
    Last edited by hendu24; 11-28-2005 at 06:13 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us