Thread: Kevin Mawae quote on Jets fans

All League

Kevin Mawae quote on Jets fans

Saw this Mawae quote in my local papers today
    [b]"The history is they'll root for us to lose so we can get a high draft pick, so they can boo it on draft day."[/b]

nah, not us!! :3stooges:

Oh that Kevin!! a psychic and comedian :gap:

All League
    thats funny, and has a ton of potential to be true :)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

HA! No way Kevin......I will never boo whatever the Jets do........... ;)

See you in Bernardsville at the end of the season....... ;)

[QUOTE=R. Tyme]Saw this Mawae quote in my local papers today
    [b]"The history is they'll root for us to lose so we can get a high draft pick, so they can boo it on draft day."[/b]

Oh that Kevin!! a psychic and comedian :gap:[/QUOTE]
    Wow... Mawae really IS smart. Now maybe it would be helpful if they didn't suck so bad at drafting. :confused:

He might be joking but it's true and it's embarrassing.

Hall Of Fame

Yeah I read this and started laughing. This is probably the reason I love Kevin Mawae as a person. He speaks his mind. And bascially called us A s s H o l e s.

Let me tell you being called an A s s h o l e by Kevin Mawae is better than getting an autograph.

God bless you Kevin and Happy Holidays. Get well soon.

Hall Of Fame

The players are out on the field for only one thing and that's to win and that's it.

They have a totally different mindset then us fans.

JetGirl....

whats in Bernardsville at the end of the season?

I only ask because I live in the town over, Basking Ridge

Veteran
    That's very nice Mawae, but you're missing the "other part of history", in which we root for the Jets to win it all. So it is now, once we're in this debacle that we hope for some sort of compensation for losing two QBs, muffed punts, missed FGs, [B]fumble snaps[/B], and a hero with a broken knee.

[QUOTE]"The history is they'll root for us to lose so we can get a high draft pick, so they can boo it on draft day."[/QUOTE]

Someone name some examples since kevin was on the team.

I cant remember how many high picks we have had since then.

All I can think about was nugent which wasnt a high pick. Also if we didnt end up with Justin Miller the next pick I still would be upset with that pick. Especially with Neil Rackers emergence ths season.

All League
    You know, he's got a point, we always boo our picks, except for Vilma and Justin Miller. If you guys go to the draft and we get Bush, start screaming Reg-gie, like what they did for Reggie Jackson for the Yanks. I wish I saw that.
    But I think some things have to excused. When the entire crowd is screaming "WE WANT SAPP!" (even though I hate Sapp) and you pick Kyle Brady, why wouldn't you boo? ;)

[QUOTE=Kerry Rhodes]Someone name some examples since kevin was on the team.

I cant remember how many high picks we have had since then.

All I can think about was nugent which wasnt a high pick. Also if we didnt end up with Justin Miller the next pick I still would be upset with that pick. Especially with Neil Rackers emergence ths season.[/QUOTE]

The loudest boos were for John Abraham and Bryan Thomas.

[QUOTE=nyjunc]He might be joking but it's true and it's embarrassing.[/QUOTE]
    With some of the picks that this organization has made, we've had a right to boo. I can't wait until this years draft. "With the first pick of the 2006 draft, the Jets have elected to trade their pick to..."

[QUOTE=JeffWeaverFan]With some of the picks that this organization has made, we've had a right to boo. I can't wait until this years draft. "With the first pick of the 2006 draft, the Jets have elected to trade their pick to..."[/QUOTE]

Let's see if we have the right to "Boo" Kevin:

Mark Lomas
    Carl Barziloskous
    Steve Davis
    Richard Todd (Shula said he would have drafted him as a DB lol)
    Ken O'Brien
    Russel Carter
    Scott Mersereau
    Mike Haight
    Dorian Boose
    Johnny "Lam" Jones
    Browning Nagel
    etc.

Yeah Kevin, you're right....these were the players the fans wanted....The Jets brass proved all of us wrong when we booed these picks :D

He's right and just wait for this draft, when we trade down (skip Bush), and draft with our first pick, a player we could have had in the third round. LOL

I don't blame Kevin one bit for what he said, and he has as much a right to speak his mind as anyone else ... I've Just never been thin-skinned about the players challenging the fans when they deem it necessary because I can dish it out so I better be able to take it

Having said that, the reason I don't blame Kevin is because I know exactly where he's coming from ... Kevin is no spring chicken and likely will not even be here to benifit from the addition of a Reggie Bush over the long haul ... he cares about the here & now because the future does not really apply to him

BUT IT MATTERS TO ME

long after Kevin has moved on and the success or failure of the NY Jets is one of the furthest things from his mind, I'll still have a burning desire to see this team win one SB before I die

That's why we see it differently, but he's certainly entitled to his opinion
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-10-2005 at 08:10 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Wonderful how KEVIN wraps us "ALL" in that small group of stupid front runner fans that look to badmouth the team every chance they get ,Ithought kevin had more sense then to buy into some of this internet non-sense. Please take note of the fact inspite of the teams record people are still traveling to the game in FLA. & pulling for us to win, myself included and even thought I don`t agree with kevin`s assesment of all JET fans I still wish him & his family a happy and healthy holiday season, GOD BLESS,KEVIN.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetman73]Let's see if we have the right to "Boo" Kevin:

Mark Lomas
    Carl Barziloskous
    Steve Davis
    Richard Todd (Shula said he would have drafted him as a DB lol)
    Ken O'Brien
    Russel Carter
    Scott Mersereau
    Mike Haight
    Dorian Boose
    Johnny "Lam" Jones
    Browning Nagel
    etc.

Yeah Kevin, you're right....these were the players the fans wanted....The Jets brass proved all of us wrong when we booed these picks :D[/QUOTE]
    Scott Mersereau wasn't a draft pick that I recall! He was a strike player that the Jets kept on I think! :yes:

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]I don't blame Kevin one bit for what he said, and he has as much a right to speak his mind as anyone else ... I've Just never been thin-skinned about the players challenging the fans when they deem it necessary because I can dish it out so I better be able to take it

Having said that, the reason I don't blame Kevin is because I know exactly where he's coming from ... Kevin is no spring chicken and likely will not even be here to benifit from the addition of a Reggie Bush over the long haul ... he cares about the here & now because the future does not really apply to him

BUT IT MATTERS TO ME

long after Kevin has moved on and the success or failure of the NY Jets is one of the furthest things from his mind, I'll still have a burning desire to see this team win one SB before I die

That's why we see it differently, but he's certainly entitled to his opinion[/QUOTE]

Based on his play this year prior to his injury, it looked like he allready had moved on.