Thread: Ot: Artest Wants To Be A Knick!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Ot: Artest Wants To Be A Knick!!

Please don't move this, this is too exciting.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2255420

He would be PERFECT for us, this is the perfect town for a guy like Artest (Latrell Sprewell anyone??), and not to mention would bring a veteran defensive prowess to a frontcourt that actually looked decent against Phoenix (still maybe the top offensive team in the league, even without Stoudamire). He has definitely learned his lesson and there is absolutely no better type of player than Artest that would fit right into Brown's system.

As long as we don't have to give up Channing Frye in a trade for him this would be such a good move for the Knicks. IMO give them Starbury and Ariza, Bird would probably take that trade. Ariza would split time with Granger at the 3 spot, and they could put in Stephon over Tinsley at the 1 to play alongside Jackson, they'd be getting equal value (almost) in that trade, maybe throw in a conditional draft pick to seal the deal.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 12-11-2005 at 03:50 AM.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Please don't move this, this is too exciting.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2255420

He would be PERFECT for us, this is the perfect town for a guy like Artest (Latrell Sprewell anyone??), and not to mention would bring a veteran defensive prowess to a frontcourt that actually looked decent against Phoenix (still maybe the top offensive team in the league, even without Stoudamire). He has definitely learned his lesson and there is absolutely no better type of player than Artest that would fit right into Brown's system.

As long as we don't have to give up Channing Frye in a trade for him this would be such a good move for the Knicks. IMO give them Starbury and Ariza, Bird would probably take that trade. Ariza would split time with Granger at the 3 spot, and they could put in Stephon over Tinsley at the 1 to play alongside Jackson, they'd be getting equal value (almost) in that trade, maybe throw in a conditional draft pick to seal the deal.
    Oh, man! make that trade! NOW! he is the BEST defender: chest to chest!

Say that hat is looking better all of a sudden. Even without the soup!

(B-B-B-Buy B-B-B-BBushwood? Eherereererreererere!)

wickedtwisted
    This would be a great lineup.

All League
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys have to be nuts, insane, crazy... I don't even know where to start, or even end... Give up a top 10 PG, and a solid prospect in T.Arizia??? For a player who if you ask me has maybe 4-5 years left? And I will let you know this... I don't even think he will be playing in the NBA for another 2 years.

Did any of you even see the interview on HBO where R.Artest was in the Housing PJ's where he grew up in Queens B? He even said he will prob only play for like another 2 years, if that... He has bigger and better plans yo... He wants to be a Boxer, he also wants to produce his music... Don't think this guy will commit himself to the knicks for the long run... Yea I want Maurbury outa here, but damn... .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knicks don't need the NBA version of TO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ronnie only makes 6.5 this and 8.5 next, you cant trade Marbury and ariza for that unless we pick up someone else to even out the salasries

marbury makes double artest, but IMO layden the assswipe should have drafted ronnie over Weis to begin with .....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    ronnie only makes 6.5 this and 8.5 next, you cant trade Marbury and ariza for that unless we pick up someone else to even out the salasries

marbury makes double artest, but IMO layden the assswipe should have drafted ronnie over Weis to begin with .....
    Take back a bum like Croshere with a high salary.