Thread: Conspiracy theory?

Banned

Conspiracy theory?

I've got a conspiracy theory for you guys..what if Edwards knows he's not going to be here next year and beat the Raiders on purpose as a parting shot to all the idiotic fans who have bashed him and called for his head over the last few years? Winning, thus taking the Jets out of the Bush race..Impossible?..hmmm..

Board Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gdfodder
    I've got a conspiracy theory for you guys..what if Edwards knows he's not going to be here next year and beat the Raiders on purpose as a parting shot to all the idiotic fans who have bashed him and called for his head over the last few years? Winning, thus taking the Jets out of the Bush race..Impossible?..hmmm..
    Ridiculous

Hall Of Fame

Good Lord

what if Edwards.....beat the Raiders on purpose
    I guarantee that Herm Edwards led his players to beat the Rai-DUH's "on purpose".

Hall Of Fame
    Whew. That is a stretch. I am not Herm's biggest fan, but I am sure of this. He wants to win each and every week. And for no other reason than the obvious - WINNING.

His plan was to beat the raiders on purpose, as opposed to what, beating them by accident? If he were able to force the jets to win like you suggest, then why have we lost a single game? EVERY WIN IS ON PURPOSE. Herm is not paid to lose games. Now, if you wanted to say that the raiders intentionally threw that game, that is at least in the realm of possibility, but i doubt that. But to say that herm had the power to decide "hey, i am making the jets win today to stick it to them" is nonsense, sorry dude.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like it.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Forgot to take our medicine today, did we?

Banned

fishing..

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Forgot to take our medicine today, did we?

Hey,

I used to fish in the Chesapeake..caught many eels and catfish..was a great time..now living on the left coast but always thinking about Virginia..

Wink

What would explain them trying to win today against BUF on purpose?