Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Rangers smoke Islanders

OT: Rangers smoke Islanders

Anyone see that massacre?

Isles scored the first two Goals, then the Rangers hit them with an absolute barrage ... 6 unanswered Goals

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

Thanks for ruining my night, Ham

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet

Thanks for ruining my night, Ham
    Oh that was ugly if you're an Islanders fan ... it was like a Jailbreak in the 3rd Period ... Rangers had a ton of breakaways, and cashed in on all of them

Hall Of Fame
    great news, i was starting to get down losing 3 out of 4 and slipping outta 1st...remember the Blueshirts are the only thing keeping me sane

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet

great news, i was starting to get down losing 3 out of 4 and slipping outta 1st...remember the Blueshirts are the only thing keeping me sane
    You and me both, JJ

Well, THAT and knowing the Yankees have built yet another machine

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Oh that was ugly if you're an Islanders fan ... it was like a Jailbreak in the 3rd Period ... Rangers had a ton of breakaways, and cashed in on all of them
    F' the Rangers...

Now we're 2-2 against you....Revenge will be sweet

Hall Of Fame
    You and me both, JJ

Well, THAT and knowing the Yankees have built yet another machine
    My Mets have built quite the machine themselves

Hall Of Fame
    hey ham... youre a nets fan too, right... how about the streak were on... something, huh?.... and now shareef is out indefinitely with the kings

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet

F' the Rangers...

Now we're 2-2 against you....Revenge will be sweet
    All I know is, that Islanders water bottle took a massive beating tonite

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt245

hey ham... youre a nets fan too, right... how about the streak were on... something, huh?.... and now shareef is out indefinitely with the kings
    OH YEAH!!

Nets all the way, Bullitt ... they're keeping me sane as well

For awhile there they were adding to my misery ... throwing salt in the wound ... but now they're on a roll

Hall Of Fame
    OH YEAH!!

Nets all the way, Bullitt ... they're keeping me sane as well

For awhile there they were adding to my misery ... throwing salt in the wound ... but now they're on a roll
    I know... I couldn't take having my two favorite teams both be jokes... but now they are playing like they should... you think Thorn is still gonna try and grab a PF or no?

Sweet, I hate the Islanders almost as much as I hate the Flyers and the Dolphins.

I know... I couldn't take having my two favorite teams both be jokes... but now they are playing like they should... you think Thorn is still gonna try and grab a PF or no?
    DEFINITELY adds a BIG ... PF or C

I don't know about you, but I definitely view the wooden indian {i.e. Jason Collins} as the weak link ... Gotta replace that man with a real STARTING BIG

Kidd
    Carter
    Jefferson
    Kristic
    NEW GUY

That's the only vision worth having for the starting five

I was getting worried in the first, SWEEEETTTT is all i can say, i hope we can keep playing with the same passion we showed today, after Monday nights royal beating by Ottawa, we needed this for our morale

Rookie
    Right now the best player over the last 20 games has been without question Peter Prucha. The kid has a nose for the puck, and has rarely missed great opportunities. He is finishing his plays with goals better than anyone else in the league right now. Additionally, his backchecking has been superb. Prucha has been saving the Rangers right now keeping them at about 500 over the last few games by providing the few goals the Rangers have scored. He always seems to be the one to start the team up as he did again tonight.

However, Prucha and Jagr are the only guys who have been able to score on any consistent basis this season. If they want to make a serious run, I think they are going to have to make a deal for another goal scorer at some point before the deadline. Hopefully, Sather can pull the trigger.

Another thing Rangers fans should pay attention to is the play of Tom Poti. Has consistently been booed by Rangers fans for his poor defensive play. Poti's defense has been inconsenst, but far stronger recently, to coincide with the team's stellar defensive play this year (god bless Tom Renney and the rest of the staff). Equally as important is that he is finally regaining his confidence with the puck. He scored his first two goals of the season in the last three games, with his first being an absolutely huge game winner with under 2 minutes left versus Tampa Bay. Even though he never was a tremendous goal scoring defenseman, he is handling the puck much smoother of late, and he is already the Rangers best skating defenseman.

Though the Rangers have slipped a bit as of late, they seem like a team who can improve dramatically with the addition of one more consistent goal scorer, and an avoidance of injuries to Jagr, Lundqvist, Prucha, or any of the key veterans right now, since the Rangers are not a particularly deep team.

And I think its about time that Lundqvist becomes the set number 1. I understand Weeks is a respectable veteran who has played some great games. But Weeks has always been a fringe starting goaltender. He has never been considered an above average starter, and always seems to be spliting time. Let Lundqvist be the #1, but don't work him like a Dan Blackburn please, give him 2-3 starts for every 1 of Weeks. This will keep Lundqvust relatively rested throughout the year so he won't be broken down come, dare I say, Playoff Time.

Isles scored the first two Goals, then the Rangers hit them with an absolute barrage ... 6 unanswered Goals

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
    FI-RE STIR-LING

All League

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

2-2 game in 3rd, blah, blah, blah....Flyers won again, on the road, thats all you should worry about.

Hall Of Fame
    DEFINITELY adds a BIG ... PF or C

I don't know about you, but I definitely view the wooden indian {i.e. Jason Collins} as the weak link ... Gotta replace that man with a real STARTING BIG

Kidd
    Carter
    Jefferson
    Kristic
    NEW GUY

That's the only vision worth having for the starting five
    well if he does anything durin the season we'd have to give something up... if not, do you know who are free agents at the end of season?

well if he does anything durin the season we'd have to give something up... if not, do you know who are free agents at the end of season?
    I don't think we'd trade one of the big four ... we have two 1st RD Picks, I would use them both on a VERY GOOD BIG or one and a roll player for a GOOD BIG

How bout Collins and a 1st RD Pick for a VERY GOOD {not Great} BIG, or Collins and both 1's for an OUTSTANDING BIG

That works too

All League
    Charter JI Member

GOTTA LOVE that #68 huh HAM?