All Pro
    JETS METS ISLANDERS

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiJet
    F' the Rangers...

Now we're 2-2 against you....Revenge will be sweet
    F' the Rangers indeed.

I had the distinct privilege of being at the game last nite.

What a goddamn embarrassment. Its a sad day when your team goes up 2-0 nothing and you know full well that the other team has them right where they want'em.

The "lets go rangers chant" in our own building made me want to puke.

And the fact that Stirling doesn't even send out Godard at the end to send a message makes me miss ol' time hockey even more. Coulton Orr got was active for practically the first time ever. At least try to win one aspect of the game. We are supposed to hate this team, for the love of god.

Veteran
    Stirling and Milbury must go!

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    F' the Rangers indeed.

I had the distinct privilege of being at the game last nite.

What a goddamn embarrassment. Its a sad day when your team goes up 2-0 nothing and you know full well that the other team has them right where they want'em.

The "lets go rangers chant" in our own building made me want to puke.

And the fact that Stirling doesn't even send out Godard at the end to send a message makes me miss ol' time hockey even more. Coulton Orr got was active for practically the first time ever. At least try to win one aspect of the game. We are supposed to hate this team, for the love of god.

Be careful of what you ask for. Half of Orr's fights have resulted in a broken facial bone for his opponents. Of course, he would have to be on the ice for a fight to occur, but that's another story.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE
    Be careful of what you ask for. Half of Orr's fights have resulted in a broken facial bone for his opponents. Of course, he would have to be on the ice for a fight to occur, but that's another story.
    Id take my chances with Eric Godard. Id definitely put him in the top-5 heavyweights in the league.

He and Brian McGratton, one of the other great young fighters in the league, had a terrific brawl last week.

Quote Originally Posted by jrochwa
    Right now the best player over the last 20 games has been without question Peter Prucha. The kid has a nose for the puck, and has rarely missed great opportunities. He is finishing his plays with goals better than anyone else in the league right now. Additionally, his backchecking has been superb. Prucha has been saving the Rangers right now keeping them at about 500 over the last few games by providing the few goals the Rangers have scored. He always seems to be the one to start the team up as he did again tonight.

However, Prucha and Jagr are the only guys who have been able to score on any consistent basis this season. If they want to make a serious run, I think they are going to have to make a deal for another goal scorer at some point before the deadline. Hopefully, Sather can pull the trigger.

Another thing Rangers fans should pay attention to is the play of Tom Poti. Has consistently been booed by Rangers fans for his poor defensive play. Poti's defense has been inconsenst, but far stronger recently, to coincide with the team's stellar defensive play this year (god bless Tom Renney and the rest of the staff). Equally as important is that he is finally regaining his confidence with the puck. He scored his first two goals of the season in the last three games, with his first being an absolutely huge game winner with under 2 minutes left versus Tampa Bay. Even though he never was a tremendous goal scoring defenseman, he is handling the puck much smoother of late, and he is already the Rangers best skating defenseman.

Though the Rangers have slipped a bit as of late, they seem like a team who can improve dramatically with the addition of one more consistent goal scorer, and an avoidance of injuries to Jagr, Lundqvist, Prucha, or any of the key veterans right now, since the Rangers are not a particularly deep team.

And I think its about time that Lundqvist becomes the set number 1. I understand Weeks is a respectable veteran who has played some great games. But Weeks has always been a fringe starting goaltender. He has never been considered an above average starter, and always seems to be spliting time. Let Lundqvist be the #1, but don't work him like a Dan Blackburn please, give him 2-3 starts for every 1 of Weeks. This will keep Lundqvust relatively rested throughout the year so he won't be broken down come, dare I say, Playoff Time.
    Couldn't agree more with all of your points. Poti is actually a key to improving the Rangers power play, and his improved play of late coincides with an improvement in the PP. Though I agree we can use another goal scorer, the Rangers had been considering using Poti in such a deal, but since they have no other good point man for the PP who can carry the puck up ice this would be a mistake.

We may just need to give this group a bit more time to gel. Rucinsky is just rounding back into shape and, along with Prucha, could fill the role of goal scorers to complement 68. Also, hopefully at some point Hossa gets it going. With other nice players like Rucchin, Straka and Nylander this group could do a lot of damage in the playoffs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino

Crash, if a player gets in instigator at the end of the game they are subject to a suspension, and the coach gets a $10k fine. Doubt Stirling would want to risk that.

All League
    Thank god for the Rangers, being a Jets/Knicks fan and all.