Thread: Hes backkkkk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hes backkkkk

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy
    Complete Hot Stove coverage

NEW YORK -- Miguel Cairo is headed back to the Bronx for a second stint with the Yankees, as the infielder agreed to a one-year, $1 million contract.
    The deal is contingent on Cairo passing a physical, which will likely take place in the next week.

Cairo played for the Yankees in 2004, starting 96 games at second base, five at third base and two at shortstop. Cairo hit .292 with six homers and 42 RBIs in 360 at-bats for the Yanks.

Last season, Cairo started 82 games at second for the Mets, as well as six at first and one in right field. He hit .251 with two homers and 19 RBIs in 327 at-bats.

After the 2004 season, the Yankees wanted to re-sign Cairo to play second, but his contract demands were too high. New York signed Tony Womack instead, giving him a two-year, $4 million deal, but Womack was replaced in May by Robinson Cano and traded to the Reds during the Winter Meetings.

Cairo will serve as the Yankees' utility infielder, backing up Cano, Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    horrendous last year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    horrendous last year
    Yep, I'm hopeful he repeats his 2004 season when he plays (which hopefully won't be much).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Yep, I'm hopeful he repeats his 2004 season when he plays (which hopefully won't be much).
    probably somewhere in the middle of 04 and 05

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    probably somewhere in the middle of 04 and 05
    I think he will be closer to the 2004 version. He wanted to be here last year, and his shock and disappointment may have contributed to his sub-par season, somewhat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    I think he will be closer to the 2004 version. He wanted to be here last year, and his shock and disappointment may have contributed to his sub-par season, somewhat.
    gag me. i'm sure he was still shocked and disappointed about not being on the yankees when he had a .515 OPS in August. The guy isn't a good ballplayer. If he was good defensively, then I might be able to stomach him.