Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Mets Trade Seo, acquire...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Mets Trade Seo, acquire...

Duaner Sanchez and Steve Schmoll and signed former all-star second baseman Bret Boone to a minor-league contract.

Link

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    awful trade for the mets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantJetFan
    lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why?

I think it is a good trade. Get a young 26 year old reliever that has good stuff a good K/BB ratio and give up one of our excess starters that was not even going to make the rotation.

Seo was awful in September in 5 starts, it looked like the league caught up to his new repetoire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted Danys Baez. But it sounds like this guy has a live arm and I sure did not want to give up Heilman. Still, with this trade and the Cameron trade it seems Omar runs out of patience and pulls the trigger when he may have done better to wait a bit longer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    I wanted Danys Baez. But it sounds like this guy has a live arm and I sure did not want to give up Heilman. Still, with this trade and the Cameron trade it seems Omar runs out of patience and pulls the trigger when he may have done better to wait a bit longer.
    I think Omar got great value for Cammy.

Cleared 7 million dollars and got a guy that will put up better Offensive numbers than Cammy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This works out better then the Baez proposed trade. First of all, as mentioned earlier the Mets keep Heilman who has a much better upside then Seo. Secondly, this 26 yr old kid is younger and cheaper then Baez who is known as a bit of a clubhouse malcontent.

Not a major deal, but I think a pretty good one for the Mets bullpen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3

Cleared 7 million dollars and got a guy that will put up better Offensive numbers than Cammy.
    It just seems to me that a lot of teams, (Red Sox, Yankees, among others) were looking for center fielders and all the Mets got in return is a part-time player, in the opinion of most people.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

what leads you to believe that xavier nady will put up better offensive #s than Cameron?

wrt the deal at hand, i personally think Seo was vastly overrated and it was only a matter of time before people figured him out permanently. Still, i was also hoping for Baez, but i guess the Rays aren't that foolish.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledinjersey
    This works out better then the Baez proposed trade. First of all, as mentioned earlier the Mets keep Heilman who has a much better upside then Seo. Secondly, this 26 yr old kid is younger and cheaper then Baez who is known as a bit of a clubhouse malcontent.

Not a major deal, but I think a pretty good one for the Mets bullpen.
    Don't be surprised if Baez end up as the closer in Atlanta.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    BADway and Omar are from the same school of BAD negotiation skills

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jkjet
    Omar in 15 months has turned the Mets from jokes into one of the top contenders in the NL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be surprised if Baez end up as the closer in Atlanta.
    That is fine with me Mazzone is not there anymore, Baez had 8 BS last year, how did Danny Kolb work out?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is fine with me Mazzone is not there anymore, Baez had 8 BS last year, how did Danny Kolb work out?
    Just pointing out that TB playing footsie with Atlanta may be why the Seo-Matsui/Baez-Lugo talks cooled.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jkjet
    no salary cap in baseball so Omar doesn't need to have top notch negotiating skills. He needs to be convincing, which he is.

Sure we overpaid for most of our free agents over the past year and a half. Its not my money though --Freddy Coupons is paying. But rest assured, if they turn out to be as hoped, I will certainly attend a lot more games this year and in the future, even if they do raise ticket prices to pay for these new salaries

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If any Met fan wants to join a very good message board sign up at www.nyfansites.com no it is not my site just that there are some great posters over there, including me . Watch out for teh Prospect Loving Weenies though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Duaner Sanchez and Steve Schmoll and signed former all-star second baseman Bret Boone to a minor-league contract.

Link

......and will still finish behind Atlanta

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the deal. Danys baez wouldn't a met past this year. He'd command closer $$$ for a setup man's talent.

Sanchez is under contract for the next few years i understand. Also i've read that the guy has a very lively arm.

Its ashame to see Seo go, he always had great character, but you need to give in order to get.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If any Met fan wants to join a very good message board sign up at www.nyfansites.com no it is not my site just that there are some great posters over there, including me . Watch out for teh Prospect Loving Weenies though.
    Weak selling point

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets will always be an inferior franchise. I love watching them continuing to struggle year after year.