Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Plea to JI - Don't post any pro-Herm garbage from Cannizzaro

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,656

    Plea to JI - Don't post any pro-Herm garbage from Cannizzaro

    Please, I'm begging you.

    This is a guy who cares only about the treatment of himself and his collegues from the HC. He defended Herm Edwards after the Pittsburgh game, putting the blame squarely on the shoulders of Doug Brien.

    We're talking about a beat reporter who is always the last to have a scoop, goes months without writing a Jets article in the offseason, yet expects fans to be "embarassed" because they got rid of a coach who is 4 games under .500 in his career (with good talent). More over, in an interview on 1050 an hour ago, he used the stadium-issue in an attempt to incite anger among the fanbase, thus swaying Jet-nation over to his position on the Edwards matter.

    Please, we need objective, unbiased analysis of the Edwards situation. Not more Cannizzaro tripe.

  2. #2
    Stop *****ing about it. Herm's gone. Get over it.

    And that loss was ALL Doug Brien's fault.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSRULE05
    Please, I'm begging you.

    This is a guy who cares only about the treatment of himself and his collegues from the HC. He defended Herm Edwards after the Pittsburgh game, putting the blame squarely on the shoulders of Doug Brien.

    We're talking about a beat reporter who is always the last to have a scoop, goes months without writing a Jets article in the offseason, yet expects fans to be "embarassed" because they got rid of a coach who is 4 games under .500 in his career (with good talent). More over, in an interview on 1050 an hour ago, he used the stadium-issue in an attempt to incite anger among the fanbase, thus swaying Jet-nation over to his position on the Edwards matter.

    Please, we need objective, unbiased analysis of the Edwards situation. Not more Cannizzaro tripe.

    dude are you serious, I have rarely said this to anyone on this board but seriously

    STFU already!!!

    you're coming on a board where the owner hired this man to work for him and you're gonna censor the guy???

    get real

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,314
    OK, we'll make a rule that everyone has to adopt your point of view. Then we'll have some good debates where we all agree with you.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    OK, we'll make a rule that everyone has to adopt your point of view. Then we'll have some good debates where we all agree with you.
    Cannizzaro is passing off his views as undisputable facts. Everybody on this board has complained about Herm, we all know how mediocre a coach he is. I don't need some lazy beat reporter to tell me how to view a HC firing. This guy could care less if the team wins or loses, it's all about how easy his job is. That's all he cares about.

    Honestly, do you care about how the Jets HC treats the media ? What would you rather have - A great HC who is awful with the media, or a HC like Edwards ? Because I know what Cannizzaro would prefer.

    Fine, post his tripe. But please offer a counter-viewpoint on the issue.

  6. #6
    OK but you would love it if one of the beat reporters that rip Herm says it's a great time for him to leave?

    Is that opinion ok or is it the same (I don't need a beat reporter to tell me how to view a HC firing?)

    Can't have it both ways.

    Oh yeah and Vinny sucks.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    you're coming on a board where the owner hired this man to work for him and you're gonna censor the guy???

    get real
    agree...to the dump with this

  8. #8
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,443
    Images
    38734
    Mark reports his stories in the same manner as all the other writers. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it different.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase
    OK but you would love it if one of the beat reporters that rip Herm says it's a great time for him to leave?

    Is that opinion ok or is it the same (I don't need a beat reporter to tell me how to view a HC firing?)

    Can't have it both ways.

    Oh yeah and Vinny sucks.
    Cannizzaro has used words like "embarassing" and "disgraceful" when discussing this matter in an interview on 1050. Are you telling me that is not out of line ? I'd be OK if Cannizzaro simply disagreed with the move, but he is saying it's a pathetic display by the Jets FO and ownership. That's the crap I would prefer not be spewed among Jet-nation.

    Here's how you analyze the situation:

    Positives: - Players play hard for him and never quit on him
    - Playoffs 3 out of 5 years
    - Good face of the franchise, good character

    Negatives: - Not an imaginative football mind
    - Poor clock management
    - Poor game management
    - Not-to-lose offensive mentality
    - Not a smart Xs-and-Os coach
    - Made playoffs with Bill Parcells players
    - Sets low expectations (i.e. saying repeatedly - "It's a race to 10 (wins)" in 2004, after his team started 5-0 and 6-1.)
    - Can't follow up a season of making it to the second round (2003 and 2005)
    - Will never be able to outcoach Saban or Belichick in a big game

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
    Mark reports his stories in the same manner as all the other writers. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it different.
    Hey - do what you want, it's your site. But basing a Herm Edwards defense on how he treats beat reporters (compared to how Mike Heimderginder, who will likely get the job, will not be as open to guys like Cannizzaro), is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. And IMO, it has no place on a website for Jets FANS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us