Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly False HC Rumor Threads

Unhappy Silly False HC Rumor Threads

Jets | Wannstedt possible Edwards replacement
    Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:36:12 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the New York Jets have interest in Pittsburgh Panther's coach Dave Wannstedt, who could be coming back to the NFL.

All League
    Holy ****ing christ PLEASE NO.

That would be a double wammy.

It would be helping Pitt thus hurting WVU

And he would KILL the Jets.

This has to be a joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    This isn't posted on KFFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    I haven't heard anything about Wannstedt.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaJet023

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the New York Jets have interest in Pittsburgh Panther's coach Dave Wannstedt, who could be coming back to the NFL.

OHHHH HELL NO!!!!

Veteran
    Hahahhahahah. Who's next? Steve Spurrier?

News Keeps Getin Worse ...

Hopefully this is BS, but it was posted by GlennFoley on another Jets fans website:

When I made all of those Wannstedt to Edwards comparisons, that wasn't a good thing. I wasn't trying to sell the Jets or anyone else on him. Damnit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NOFX
    Hopefully this is BS, but it was posted by GlennFoley on another Jets fans website:

It's fake.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Noooooooooooo!

Won't happen. I go to Pitt and have heard him speak MANY a time about how great it is to be back at his alma matter. He has a top 25 recruiting class coming in this year. He started recruting 2 years into the future from the time he came in, so if his first class is as good as people are making it out to be, his second should be top 10. He has a good thing going on with Pitt, the students love him, and with all the scrutiny he recieved in the NFL, there's no way he will come back; especially to a pressure cooker like New York. Hell, he's FROM Pittsburgh. He isn't leaving any time soon.

All Pro
    It's definitely a joke. Has to be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

As a Rutgers fan I need Wanny right where he is.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 01-09-2006 at 01:51 AM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Mike Francesa says that they're interviewing Haslett just to satisfy the NFL's mandate to interview minorities and that Wannstedt is Woody's man.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP

Great Fake...

This is a fake bulletin from KFFL. Each entry is time dated and you'll notice that the time on the entry is "Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:36:12 -0800"

Here's the KFFL listings which would cover that time:

Packers | Ferguson could get released
    Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:53:49 -0800

Packersnews.com reports Green Bay Packers WR Robert Ferguson is a candidate to get released after the 2005 season. His base-salary jumps from $545,000 to $1.4 million for the 2006 season.

Dolphins | Frerotte might need to restructure contract

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins QB Gus Frerotte was asked about restructuring his contract by head coach Nick Saban when the two met earlier in the week. Frerotte said, "He brought it up, but nothing has been done about it yet." He is set to earn $3.93 million for the 2006 season. His original base salary jumped from $1.1 million to $3.6 million due to playing-time incentives, plus a $330,000 roster bonus on March 7.

Giants | Greisen returns
    Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:35:56 -0800

New York Giants LB Nick Greisen (burner) has returned to the team's Wild Card game after suffering a burner in the first quarter.

Giants | Greisen injured
    Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:22:53 -0800

New York Giants LB Nick Greisen (unspecified) left the team's Wild Card game with an unspecified injury. He has been replaced by LB Jay Foreman.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Mike Francesa says that they're interviewing Haslett just to satisfy the NFL's mandate to interview minorities and that Wannstedt is Woody's man.

SAR I
    Haslett is a minority?.... I didn't know that and Woody wants Wannstedt???.... Do you still have faith in Woody Sar?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Jets | Don Shula To Interview For Front Office
    Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:06:12-0800

New York Post's Mark Cannizaro reports the New York Jets have contacted Don Shula regarding becoming President of Football Operations with current President Jay Cross being restructured to President of Team Operations.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by YoungJetsFan
    Haslett is a minority?.... I didn't know that and Woody wants Wannstedt???.... Do you still have faith in Woody Sar?
    Haslett is mentally retarded and is 1/1000 Cherokee. He's a double minority.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jets | Jets to make offer to KC to get Edwards back
    Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:19:12-0800

New York Post's Mark Cannizaro reports the New York Jets have contacted The Kansas City Chiefs to ask for permission to talk to their new head coach, Herman Edwards. It is believed that Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson would want atleast a 2nd and 3rd rounder in return for Edwards.