Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OFFICIAL JI POLL: Who Do You Want As The Jets Next Head Coach

Please vote and post your comments.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please scan the board first.....Theres a million tpoics about this...Jeeeezz :D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream: Jimmy Johnson

Expect: Mike Sherman

Dread: Jim Haslet or Joe Vitt

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    where's Kirk Ferentz. he's one of my top canidates.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I vote other..Al Saunders, Kubiak or Ferentz....But I wouldnt be too upset with Mangini

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    of that list, dinger.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dinger all the way. From what I have heard, from what I have seen, and from what I understand this man will be the Patriot Slayer.

1. He knows our players, and understands what needs to happen to be competitive next year.

2. He has a great football mind.

3. He is firey, competitive and will hold his players accountable to produce.

4. He is the ANTI HERM.

5. His resume is the best out of the rest of the candidates, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heimerdinger narrowly over Sherman.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Ferentz
    2. Mangini
    3. Sherman
    4. YJF

DJR44

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    TB wants expeirnce, so it seems Ferentz is out. He also hasn't mentioned Sherman, though he'd be my pick. Not expremely impressed with our coordinators and God help us if it's Fassel or Haslett. Maybe not realistic, but I'd take Tice.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djr44]1. Ferentz
    2. Mangini
    3. Sherman
    4. YJF

DJR44[/QUOTE]

:applause: ... nice ...

he'd do a better job in his sleep than tice or haslett

l_j_r

TMahoney
    First choice has got to be Mangini.

Every Belicheck guy goes somewhere else and finds success.

Second choice is Sherman. He is a good coach and knows how to score points.

I wonder why Gary Kubiak was left off the list, I love the Broncos offensive system. They run with whoever successfully and use lots of play action.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Mangini, Sherman or Fassel. Everyone else on Bradway's list will take us back to Kotite-ville (Vitt? Tice??, Haslett??? - Yikes).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want Sherman because he's battle tested and has been very successful for many years. He got a raw deal in GB with all the injuries and lack of talent to work with and an aging QB.

Magini is a very close 2nd because he has higher upside than any of the other prospects.

My safeside wants Sherman (Although I question if he can handle NY, GB was a nice town where everyone loved each other NY is different)

My gambling side wants Magini (higher return potential)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

'Dinger...

Mike Heimerdinger has the resume, football knowledge, and demeanor to be a good coach in this league in the mold of Mike Shanahan, who is his mentor or Mike Holmgren and Andy Reid who are connected to him on the Bill Walsh coaching tree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm torn on Heimerdinger and Mangini.

Mangini is young, and unproven, but over the last two days, I've ready a lot from a lot of football people around the league who think this guy is the next "Belichick."

Not only do we get a young innovative Belichick type of coach, but we also hurt the staff up there in NE.

But I really like Heimerdinger, a LOT, and I really hope Heimerdinger is here one way or the other, either as HC, or maybe even as OC under Mangini.

Both would be outstanding selections, but I'm still skeptical of Mangini.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19]I'm torn on Heimerdinger and Mangini.

Mangini is young, and unproven, but over the last two days, I've ready a lot from a lot of football people around the league who think this guy is the next "Belichick."

Not only do we get a young innovative Belichick type of coach, but we also hurt the staff up there in NE.

But I really like Heimerdinger, a LOT, and I really hope Heimerdinger is here one way or the other, either as HC, or maybe even as OC under Mangini.

Both would be outstanding selections, but I'm still skeptical of Mangini.[/QUOTE]
    wow, i think this is the one and only time i agree with rayray

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Ferentz
    2. Mangini
    3. Sherman
    4. Henderson

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote three years ago that we were brain dead too give in too HERM extention and raise after a 6-10 year there was SABEN WEISS avilable and ounless others. BUT we cannot i mean cannot pass on MANGINI. HE will instill and go for your throot and not let you breath mental approach and won't run scarred or be afarid too clean up HERM/TB mess i.e cutting the FABINI's,MAWAHS,MARTIN's, PENNINGTONS of the world. DOING and putting the fear into players and having the detail mind of the importance of every single play of every single game and actually making in game offense and defense adjustments. Having and understanding of the CAP and paying players what their worth bases on performance and not out of loyalty. just waching Samual play where he just luched himself like a projectile at the ball carrier and sent him too the next zip code i've yet see that from our defense ever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heimerdinger, Sherman or Fassel.

Fassel's strongest assets is his knowledge of and dealing with the New York Press Corp.

Sherman brings the most to the table in terms of experience and with Terry wanting to make a more forceful effort at representing the public face of the Jets in the new regime this might suit Sherman to a tee.

Heimerdinger. Mikey has the inside track. He is a known commodity to Bradway he has a long tenure in the NFL and he landed as the Jets O-Coordinator because his HC interview with the 9ers fell through. He took the Jets job because he felt that working in New York would give him increased visibility when an HC job came open. Debuting in the "City that Never Sleeps" may be a tall order but rarely to these type of gigs come made to order.

All of these guys have one thing in common. They come from the Offensive side of the ball which is going to be a necessary prerequisite. During Herman Edwards tenure he focused almost exclusively on Defense and left a mess on offense for the next guy to clean up.
    Last edited by WestCoastMole; 01-09-2006 at 09:59 PM.