Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills interested in Mangini

Bills interested in Mangini

Many may not remember this but back when Pete Carol was let go by the Pats, Kraft brought in Marv Levy to consult on on the the whole football operation including who Kraft should hire as the next Pats head Coach, in part it was Levy's recommendation of B.B. that sealed the deal for Kraft on Belichick. Since then Levy has been a close follower of the pats and has been a personnel guest of the Kraft's at numerous home games and Patriot events, so it's not hard to connect the dots and see that the Bills will be jumping into the Mangini pool very shortly. Speculation is already spreading like wild fire on the Bills Board and it's my guess that you will be hearing official reports of the Bills interest in Mangini by the end of the weekend.

Jets Insider VIP

Shasta, I didn't Know You Were a Reporter with Inside Information?

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Many may not remember this but back when Pete Carol was let go by the Pats, Kraft brought in Marv Levy to consult on on the the whole football operation including who Kraft should hire as the next Pats head Coach, in part it was Levy's recommendation of B.B. that sealed the deal for Kraft on Belichick. Since then Levy has been a close follower of the pats and has been a personnel guest of the Kraft's at numerous home games and Patriot events, so it's not hard to connect the dots and see that the Bills will be jumping into the Mangini pool very shortly. Speculation is already spreading like wild fire on the Bills Board and it's my guess that you will be hearing official reports of the Bills interest in Mangini by the end of the weekend.
    Oh, you're relying on what is said on a Bills' message board. I guess they have insider info. To you take info from this board as inside stuff as well?

What a crock of sh-t. Post a link to a reputable source first, sister, before you start another one of your nonsense threads.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Oh, you're relying on what is said on a Bills' message board. I guess they have insider info. To you take info from this board as inside stuff as well?

What a crock of sh-t. Post a link to a reputable source first, sister, before you start another one of your nonsense threads.
    I said specifically where the info came from, is it speculative? Of course it is but there several reasons which I posted that lend credence to it, i.e. the Levy Patriot connection. As for nonsense, lets just see how much nonsense it is in the next couple of days.

So? Are you trying to say that Mangini would rather coach Buffalo than the Jets? I don't see that happening. If he doesn't want to coach the Jets, he ain't going to Buffalo. If the Tannenbaum connection isn't strong enough to get him to come here, he stays in NE.

All this means is that the Pats are probably definately losing Mangini, especially if he has a choice of where to go. I won't be too upset if we lose him, in my opinion he just may be the best of the lot on the list of bad head coaching candidates.

if you think the bills are going to hire another first time hc, your nuts. besides, the bills compared to the JETS is like oil and water. if the JETS are a "mess" than the bills are the exxon valdez

Everything I've read says that Haslett is the #1 man on the Bills' list. I haven't seen a word about Mangini from anyone. In reality this is a big plus for the Jets. If the Bills hire Haslett, then that's at least one team who will likely have a worse coach in the AFC East than the Jets. Plus it keeps the Jets from hiring him themselves. As for Mangini, if the Patriots end up losing this weekend then the Jets will probably make him an offer before the Bills even get a chance to interview him, so I'm not so sure that even if they are interested (which I've heard no indications of aside from here), it may not necessarily even effect the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    i heard from a friend that marv levy really likes the guy who cuts his hair and was interviewing him this morning for the HC spot...

Quote Originally Posted by Normdajetsfan
    So? Are you trying to say that Mangini would rather coach Buffalo than the Jets? I don't see that happening. If he doesn't want to coach the Jets, he ain't going to Buffalo. If the Tannenbaum connection isn't strong enough to get him to come here, he stays in NE.
    I'm not saying he would go to the Bills or the Jets, just that their are strong connections to the Bills based on the relationship with Levy and Kraft. Would the Bills be a better choice for Mangini? In my opinion they would get the edge over the mess that the Jets are in.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I think poor Haslett is being used as a smoke screen by all the teams!

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12
    if you think the bills are going to hire another first time hc, your nuts. besides, the bills compared to the JETS is like oil and water. if the JETS are a "mess" than the bills are the exxon valdez
    Marv Levy is in charge of the Bills now and if you think he's not going to at least interview Mangini given his connections to the Patriots, then your the one thats crazy.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Well pinch my toes and call me a jelly donut! I thought all Pats fans on this board couldn't remember beyond 4 years ago! I stand corrected! (Unless of course you googled your info).

they might interview cotrell also, but is he getting the job? I think not. 4 years 2 coaches, both virgins. it wont happen again in buffalo. I know you would like to create controversy on this board, but who cares really where mangini ends up? is he Parcells, NO, is he Lombardi, NO, is he Landry, NO, so who cares. the guy is 34 and wet behind the ears. if he turns all the jobs down to continue with little bill and not be his own man, and I might add piss his wife off by not accepting a huge raise, than so be it, who CARES.

Marv Levy is in charge of the Bills now and if you think he's not going to at least interview Mangini given his connections to the Patriots, then your the one thats crazy.
    So, your argument is that because Levy is friends with Kraft, that he will interview his employees? Yea, that makes alot of sense!

Jets Insider VIP

So We Should Disregard Those Reports that Haslet, the Former Bill is the Man...

Based on what Shasta the beat reporter says. So Shasta creates this "web of connections" between the Pats and Levy like the Bush administration tried to do with Saddam and al Qaeda, and we are supposed to ignore the published reports that Jim Haslett, the former Buffalo Bill, is the leading candidate.

All Pro
    I said specifically where the info came from, is it speculative? Of course it is but there several reasons which I posted that lend credence to it, i.e. the Levy Patriot connection. As for nonsense, lets just see how much nonsense it is in the next couple of days.

Shasta? Ever been top Buffalo? Go to the land of snow and bad water. No way he does that rather than take over the Jets. Buffalo please.

If we were Bringing in Kubiak, Saunders, Ferenz, or any of the other coaches high on alot of lists then no one would be crying for Mangini. The only reason anyone will be upset about losing Mangini is because it may mean hiring Tice, Haslett or some other never was. The best thing about Mangini getting a head coaching position is just to break up the Patriots even more.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Based on what Shasta the beat reporter says. So Shasta creates this "web of connections" between the Pats and Levy like the Bush administration tried to do with Saddam and al Qaeda, and we are supposed to ignore the published reports that Jim Haslett, the former Buffalo Bill, is the leading candidate.

Sorry but the connections are real, as for what comes of them I don't claim to know. Unlike most Jet fans I don't create my reality to suit only what I want to believe or what I want to happen, I tend to base all my views and even my assumptions on a little thing called reality. The reality in this case is that Levy is now GM of the Bills, he will be selecting the New Head Coach. I highly doubt that when he took the job as GM the Bills owner said, "oh but if we need a new Head Coach it has to be somebody with Head Coaching experience." Beyond that it's not rocket science to think that he would give Mangini a look, as I said he was a contributing factor to Belichick and his staff being hired, and his relationship with the Patriot organization has given him access to whats going on in New England. Some of you may need a slide-ruler to connect the dots here, but I don't.

I'm not saying he would go to the Bills or the Jets, just that their are strong connections to the Bills based on the relationship with Levy and Kraft. Would the Bills be a better choice for Mangini? In my opinion they would get the edge over the mess that the Jets are in.
    And none of them are as strong as Mangin's ties with Tannenbaum.

It's funny watching you get nervous about Mangini possibly signing on with the Jets and you digging something up against that.

I can see you sitting in your rocking chair, sucking your thumb, screaming "OH PLEAAAAASSE, Eric, don't go to the Jets."

Get lost, PUTZ!

Put a name on your allegation!!!

dont post YOUR speculation as if it is gospel. attach a name to your source, or dont rile everbody up!!!