Thread: Benson to Orioles for Julio and Maine

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Benson to Orioles for Julio and Maine

Mets get Jorge Julio and John Maine. Orioles get Kris Benson. I personally think the Mets got raped in this deal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mryankee90
    Mets get Jorge Julio and John Maine. Orioles get Kris Benson. I personally think the Mets got raped in this deal.
    they did get raped unless they are able to pull of a zito trade with the extra money. if that doesnt happen, il beone pissed of mets fan

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Benson is suddenly a great pitcher now? We need someone in the rotation who's not going to turn to jelly in the 2nd half... Heilman's better in the rotation and I think it's part of a bigger move down the line

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Benson is suddenly a great pitcher now? We need someone in the rotation who's not going to turn to jelly in the 2nd half... Heilman's better in the rotation and I think it's part of a bigger move down the line
    I tend to agree. I don't like Benson at all, but I do wonder if the Mets could have gotten more than Julio in return. I do think that Julio can be a fine pitcher for the Mets though. The switch from Camden to Shea should be very helpful for him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I tend to agree. I don't like Benson at all, but I do wonder if the Mets could have gotten more than Julio in return. I do think that Julio can be a fine pitcher for the Mets though. The switch from Camden to Shea should be very helpful for him.

they got a AAA prospect in the deal as well. i really hope they are going to go after another front-line starter now though. i don't feel confident with the starting pitching as it is right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    they got a AAA prospect in the deal as well. i really hope they are going to go after another front-line starter now though. i don't feel confident with the starting pitching as it is right now.
    Pedro
    Glavine
    Zambrano
    Trachsel
    Heilman

Not bad. I actually kind of like Zambrano. If he can get those walks down, he should be a very good pitcher. I don't like Trachsel at all and I like Heilman a lot.

Who would pitch if one of those guys goes down as of now?

TMahoney
    You know what probably help them pull the trigger on this deal?

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=107691