Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: If we kept Santana and Lamont...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    If we kept Santana and Lamont...

    we would be in great shape right now and probably would have made the playoffs last year.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lc87
    we would be in great shape right now and probably would have made the playoffs last year.
    Could Jordan and Moss stop the run?

    Even with them, the Jets still finish 4-12.

  4. #4
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe the dumbest thing posted ever!

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Could Jordan and Moss stop the run?

    Even with them, the Jets still finish 4-12.
    Stopping the run was the least of our problems last year.

    Could they block, Could they throw the ball?

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who would have thrown Santana the ball... Like Brunell did in Washington? By the way... Washington actually had a D, to get the SKINS THE BALL...

    L.Jordan? Yea... We would have made the playoffs... Cmon man, the Raiders aint even make the playoffs with a better O-Line, and R.Moss the X-Factor... So yea... Umm.. Ok... W/e....

    DUMP

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way would we have made the playoffs. We went through 5 quarterbacks and had 12 players on IR. Jordan and Moss would've made no considerable difference.

    JMO.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,908
    Post Thanks / Like

    What???????????

    Quote Originally Posted by lc87
    we would be in great shape right now and probably would have made the playoffs last year.

    Are you on drugs???

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic
    Are you on drugs???
    Gotta be more than just weed... And if it is just some green, DAMMMNNN Homie, tell me where the hook up at BRA

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm1244
    maybe the dumbest thing posted ever!

  11. #11
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs down

    moss would be still running out of bounds as often as he could, gibbs told him he wouldn't put up with that $hit, herm would have let it continue. jordon may have done well, but without any blocking or threat of a passing game he would have just gotten beat up like cmart.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Yonkers / HolyCross
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol. maybe if we still had moss, lamont, ferguson, farrior...

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lc87
    we would be in great shape right now and probably would have made the playoffs last year.
    Step away from the pipe and seek help.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    STATEN ISLAND NY
    Posts
    1,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Step away from the pipe and seek help.
    i agree. lamont didnt exactly light the world on fire either

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like
    whatever. its my opinion and none of you can prove it wrong. But, nobody feared anyone going deep this year. I admit, partially because our array of quarterbacks but also because we dont have a deep threat. so opposing defenses keyed the run and short passing game. santana at least posed that threat which had to be respected which would help open up the running game. lamont would form that killer 1-2 punch with curtis this year that we couldnt seem to find. lamont also came up big last year when we needed a clutch play. he would routinely get us first downs, which keep drives going, one of our major problems this year. with a improved running game and santana's game breaking speed, i think we would be in great shape going into next season becasuse those our two of our needs now, and i also think we would have had a great shot at making the playoffs this year. Say what you want, call me crazy, but the fact of the matter is you can never say im wrong because we just don't know.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    2,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lc87
    whatever. its my opinion and none of you can prove it wrong. But, nobody feared anyone going deep this year. I admit, partially because our array of quarterbacks but also because we dont have a deep threat. so opposing defenses keyed the run and short passing game. santana at least posed that threat which had to be respected which would help open up the running game. lamont would form that killer 1-2 punch with curtis this year that we couldnt seem to find. lamont also came up big last year when we needed a clutch play. he would routinely get us first downs, which keep drives going, one of our major problems this year. with a improved running game and santana's game breaking speed, i think we would be in great shape going into next season becasuse those our two of our needs now, and i also think we would have had a great shot at making the playoffs this year. Say what you want, call me crazy, but the fact of the matter is you can never say im wrong because we just don't know.
    I can't say you're wrong, but you can't say you're right.

    I can also say that this is a stupid post.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude .. your an idiot

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    And they probably would've been injured like the rest of the team

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there another dump we can move this post to? It's getting in the way of all the good garbage ...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us