Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well JetsInsider.Com... It now looks as if my break is O-V-E-R-

All League
    Born and raised in S.Ozone Park,Queens,Ny... I now live in Tampa,Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Well JetsInsider.Com... It now looks as if my break is O-V-E-R-

Originally... I was going to take a break from all kind of related Jets football talk until after the draft, but ya know what... I just can't, I just can't.

I was thinking, with the way the Jets luck has gone in the past, maybe the offseason is the most exciting part about being a Jets fan... So why should I ruin that for-myself? lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    HendersonD is now the 3rd person I have seen in my short time on this board who announced he is leaving and then came back the next day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kenobriend]HendersonD is now the 3rd person I have seen in my short time on this board who announced he is leaving and then came back the next day.[/QUOTE]

and about the 1000th since I've been here :zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kenobriend]HendersonD is now the 3rd person I have seen in my short time on this board who announced he is leaving and then came back the next day.[/QUOTE]

And has to announce both actions…..Why??? Oh, look at me, look at me

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart]And has to announce both actions…..Why??? Oh, look at me, look at me[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://lightsout.onestop.net/attention.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, more like 2 or 3 days, lol. But the fact of the matter is simple, more like black and white... I was thinking... Maybe the offseason, talking about the drafts, and all of that is actually more exciting than the season will ever be for us Jet fans...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, it says you now live in Tampa. Go play some golf. If I wasn't trapped in Jersey, I would be on the course EVERY day!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=exiledinjersey]Dude, it says you now live in Tampa. Go play some golf. If I wasn't trapped in Jersey, I would be on the course EVERY day!![/QUOTE]

Why play golf with a bunch of old men... When you can go to Clearwater beach, check out some nice spanish females, and it's only bout 10 mins from Tampa???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to announce that I will be here for the forseeable future.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HendersonD06]Actually, more like 2 or 3 days, lol. But the fact of the matter is simple, more like black and white... I was thinking... Maybe the offseason, talking about the drafts, and all of that is actually more exciting than the season will ever be for us Jet fans...[/QUOTE]

welcome back, lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HendersonD06]Well JetsInsider.Com... It now looks as if my break is O-V-E-R-[/QUOTE]

Tampa people!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566]I'd like to announce that I will be here for the forseeable future.[/QUOTE]

I still feel that the Jets front office should have hired Donnie Henderson as the new head coach... Maybe just for 2 years... but we should have gave him a shot with this team. Oh yea, BTW... If Henderson's D explodes in Detroit... and by chance Mangini and the Jets struggle... I will be the first person to say "I told you so"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TampaT]Tampa people![/QUOTE]
    Well first of all, I'm not a FLORIDIAN... And I'm not a Tampa person either... I was born and raised in Queens for 18 years, moved to Tampa 2 years ago, Ill be back in Queens Next Year, just helping out my Aunt with the house till she sell it, cuz her husband passed away,

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

A public "Angry Exit" is, in my vast forum experience, a sign that someone is incredably frustrated with something, and wants everyone to know it. You can call that "attention whoring" if you wish, but takign a break from the forum (which some clearly need from time to time) and being LOUD about it is an obvious swipe at some subject on the forum that angers that poster.

I was gone for a week, total. I was damn pissed and yes, I wanted people (mostly my forum friends, the folks who know me via J.I. and at least in some small degree enjoy, appreciate or value what I have to say) to know it, for a number of reason I don't feel compelled to explain to anyone here.

And of course, 99% of these "Angry Exits" result in that poster returning within a few days, a week or two at the most, of the angry post. It's the rare 1% that stay gone long-term or forever.

These posts are no better or worse than any other really severely angry postings. The serve the purpose they are intended to most times, which in my view is A. Expressing Severe Dissatisfaction or Anger and B. Giving Said Poster a few days to chill out, get over their anger, and hopefully come back a more sane and reasonable forum contributor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love posting here

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]A public "Angry Exit" is, in my vast forum experience, a sign that someone is incredably frustrated with something, and wants everyone to know it. You can call that "attention whoring" if you wish, but takign a break from the forum (which some clearly need from time to time) and being LOUD about it is an obvious swipe at some subject on the forum that angers that poster.

I was gone for a week, total. I was damn pissed and yes, I wanted people (mostly my forum friends, the folks who know me via J.I. and at least in some small degree enjoy, appreciate or value what I have to say) to know it, for a number of reason I don't feel compelled to explain to anyone here.

And of course, 99% of these "Angry Exits" result in that poster returning within a few days, a week or two at the most, of the angry post. It's the rare 1% that stay gone long-term or forever.

These posts are no better or worse than any other really severely angry postings. The serve the purpose they are intended to most times, which in my view is A. Expressing Severe Dissatisfaction or Anger and B. Giving Said Poster a few days to chill out, get over their anger, and hopefully come back a more sane and reasonable forum contributor.[/QUOTE]

LMAO... WOW. I was not pissed about anything, I just needed a break from Jets Football till the draft... But like I said, I thought about it and was like... Maybe this is the best time as a fan for the Jets. The thing that got me (FED-UP, NOT PISSED) was that we did not give Donnie Henderson a chance... Other than that, I was not pissed about anything, just needed a break.,

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HendersonD06]LMAO... WOW. I was not pissed about anything, I just needed a break from Jets Football till the draft... But like I said, I thought about it and was like... Maybe this is the best time as a fan for the Jets. The thing that got me (FED-UP, NOT PISSED) was that we did not give Donnie Henderson a chance... Other than that, I was not pissed about anything, just needed a break.,[/QUOTE]

To each their own Hendu, I certainly have to take what you say here at face value.....although reading any of your posts lately shows not only Anger re: the loss of Hendu, but pure unadaulterated FURY........but that aside.

My posting wasn't in answer to you specifically. It was in answer to a very common reason these kinda of posts exist, weather their authors admit it or not, based upon my years of experience on various Internet forums of various topics.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]To each their own Hendu, I certainly have to take what you say here at face value.....although reading any of your posts lately shows not only Anger re: the loss of Hendu, but pure unadaulterated FURY........but that aside.

My posting wasn't in answer to you specifically. It was in answer to a very common reason these kinda of posts exist, weather their authors admit it or not, based upon my years of experience on various Internet forums of various topics.[/QUOTE]

lol :zzz:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HendersonD06]lol :zzz:[/QUOTE]

Ok Hendu, next time I'll just call you an whiney attention whore, like everyone else. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HendersonD06]I still feel that the Jets front office should have hired Donnie Henderson as the new head coach... Maybe just for 2 years... but we should have gave him a shot with this team. Oh yea, BTW... If Henderson's D explodes in Detroit... and by chance Mangini and the Jets struggle... I will be the first person to say "I told you so"[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have minded Donnie but certain articles have suggested that he burned some bridges with the FO. You also have to remember that players were complaining early this year about his lack of aggression both vocally and in terms of play-calling. Maybe it was just time for him to go...