Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Kasparaitis...biggest p*ssy in the NHL?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Kasparaitis...biggest p*ssy in the NHL?

    Say what you will about the "clean" hits he's laid in 2 consecutive games...this gutless prick has made a career of "accidentally" putting opposing players on the IR.

    Couple that with the fact he's an absolute gutless piece os sh*t when challenged to and goes turtle like a fat 12 year old girl. I feel he's just about earned a hard cross-check to the bridge of the nose. If it kills/maims, or otherwise ends his career...well, that would be a real shame wouldn't it?

    He's a f**king coward and no longer deserves the respect players show each other. I hope he gets hurt...bad...and permanently.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone should go after him for sure, but he's gotten away with this stuff for years without retaliation.

    http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...26/1066695.asp

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was greatly amused by the hypocrites of the Sabres being all up in arms over this. There would be debate about just how cheap the Kasperitis hit was and just how illegal it was but lets go back about 3 games to Buffalo vs the Oilers. McKee does the old stick out the leg routine on Hemsky and almsot rips his leg off, Jason Smythe goes after McKee a bit. Then Peters comes along asnd starts beaking off to the Oilers bench and stiring things up. Greene from the Oilers knocks Peters on his *** and drops his gloves, Peters turtles....this supposidely a tough guy.

    I found it very amusing indeed when the Sabres started to cry and whine over the Kasperitis hit. Some advice for the Sabres, have a look in the mirror before whining about other teams taking out your skilled players and then turtling.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense, but are you f*cking stupid? How many games have you watched Kasperitus play in the last 2 years? While Kasperitus used to be a cheap shot artist, he no longer is. People that say that he is have no idea what they are talking about.

    OK, lets go through the 2 hits that you are talking about.

    1. He was ejected for elbowing the Devils player. Well, the only problem with that is he didn't elbow him. He used his shoulder and Marshall had his head down. You don't leave your head down in hockey and what happened was he slightly moved right before Kasperitus came in for the hit and Kasperitus' shoulder went into his head. It was not his elbow and that's why he was not suspended for any games.

    2. Are we talking about the hip check in the Buffalo game? Because if that's what your talking about, you really have no business talking about hockey. That was a clean hit. Not only was it a clean hit, it was a great hit.

    And please respond to this post because I just want to understand how someone's mind works when they consider that those were cheap hits. I just don't understand how someone could be that dumb. Your only two excuses are that you are either blind or know nothing about hockey. Which is fine, but if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be making accusations about a player.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    No offense, but are you f*cking stupid? How many games have you watched Kasperitus play in the last 2 years? While Kasperitus used to be a cheap shot artist, he no longer is. People that say that he is have no idea what they are talking about.

    OK, lets go through the 2 hits that you are talking about.

    1. He was ejected for elbowing the Devils player. Well, the only problem with that is he didn't elbow him. He used his shoulder and Marshall had his head down. You don't leave your head down in hockey and what happened was he slightly moved right before Kasperitus came in for the hit and Kasperitus' shoulder went into his head. It was not his elbow and that's why he was not suspended for any games.

    2. Are we talking about the hip check in the Buffalo game? Because if that's what your talking about, you really have no business talking about hockey. That was a clean hit. Not only was it a clean hit, it was a great hit.

    And please respond to this post because I just want to understand how someone's mind works when they consider that those were cheap hits. I just don't understand how someone could be that dumb. Your only two excuses are that you are either blind or know nothing about hockey. Which is fine, but if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be making accusations about a player.

    I would have been happy to discuss it with you, but before you had even finished a sentence of your post, you had already showed that you're incapable of having an intelligent discussion by implying that I'm "f***ing stupid" and followed it up by saying that I'm dumb. You lost me there big guy. Clearly, you are far too emotionally involved in this to talk rationally.

    Kasparaitis has a clear and well documented history. He knocked 2 more guys out of 2 consecutive games and you want to rationalize it to death as if you're his attorney. Take your head out of the sand.

    Don't worry your silly little overexcited head about my hockey background, I have been involved in some form of hockey since I could walk...I know (and if you're such a hockey expert, you should know) that some hits are legal, but dangerous...hell, touch up icing is stil one of the most dangerous plays in professional sports. Players with respect for each other don't play in such a way that their opponents get hurt...Occasionally, clean plays cause injury...that's an unfortunate fact of sports...when it happens on a regular basis through the course of a career, it's no longer unfortunate happenstance.

    Kasparaitis has made a career of not playing that way. It's more than a coincidence when he leaves every building he plays in with a seriously injured player in his wake.

    You can choose to believe whatever you want about Kasparaitis. I know what I've seen out of him as an Islander, Penguin, and now Ranger. I hope he gets hurt bad. That's not something I say about almost any player in any sport...but he's earned it.

    Now feel free to respond and tell me I'm retarded or a douchebag, but whatever you do, don't consider the facts.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    I would have been happy to discuss it with you, but before you had even finished a sentence of your post, you had already showed that you're incapable of having an intelligent discussion by implying that I'm "f***ing stupid" and followed it up by saying that I'm dumb. You lost me there big guy. Clearly, you are far too emotionally involved in this to talk rationally.
    I'm sorry for those comments, but it angers me that people have talked sh*t about those hits when they were both LEGAL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Kasparaitis has a clear and well documented history. He knocked 2 more guys out of 2 consecutive games and you want to rationalize it to death as if you're his attorney. Take your head out of the sand.
    Kasperitus is not the same cheap player he was in the past. He is no longer a cheap player. Yes, he knocked 2 guys out in 2 consecutive games, but he knocked them out with LEGAL hits. How can you be upset with someone for making 2 hits that were legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Don't worry your silly little overexcited head about my hockey background, I have been involved in some form of hockey since I could walk...I know (and if you're such a hockey expert, you should know) that some hits are legal, but dangerous...hell, touch up icing is stil one of the most dangerous plays in professional sports. Players with respect for each other don't play in such a way that their opponents get hurt...Occasionally, clean plays cause injury...that's an unfortunate fact of sports...when it happens on a regular basis through the course of a career, it's no longer unfortunate happenstance.
    Yes, I've played hockey a lot, I know that some hits are dangerous. I also know that putting your head down in the offensive end of the ice is extremely dangerous. If you put your head down, your going to get pounded. What was Kasperitus supposed to do? Honestly, was he supposed to see that Marshall's head was down and decide that that would be too dangerous to hit him? The only reason Marshall got hurt is because his head was down. And, furthermore, the other reason that Marshall got hurt was because he moved his already down head at the last second.

    As for the hip check, I just don't understand how someone could have a problem with it. Hip checks are legal. There was no penalty on it for a reason. In fact, on that hit, he didn't even go so low that he was at his knees. He hit him right above the knees, but unfortunately, the guy was going so fast that his knee was hurt. But, the fact stands, it was a legal hit. Unfortunately, the guy got hurt, but that's hockey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Kasparaitis has made a career of not playing that way. It's more than a coincidence when he leaves every building he plays in with a seriously injured player in his wake.
    I'm sorry, but once again Kasperitus is not the same player he used to be earlier in his career. And yes, when you hit one guy with his head down with your shoulder and the next night you hit a guy with a legal hip check, and they both get injured, that is a coincidence. The only thing that wasn't a coincidence is that a guy that was playing with his head down got checked hard and was hurt by it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    You can choose to believe whatever you want about Kasparaitis. I know what I've seen out of him as an Islander, Penguin, and now Ranger. I hope he gets hurt bad. That's not something I say about almost any player in any sport...but he's earned it.
    And that's your opinion. But, if you've seen him for the last couple years, he is no longer the player he was in terms of the cheap hits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Now feel free to respond and tell me I'm retarded or a douchebag, but whatever you do, don't consider the facts.
    I have been the only one considering the facts. Your the one saying that it "can't be a coincidence." I've been the one looking at the actual hits and realizing that they were both legal. The facts of the hits are that in the first one, the guys head was down and Kasperitus hit him with a legal check. He hit him with the part of his arm right below his shoulder. Not his elbow. The fact of the second hit was that it was perfectly legal.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    The hip check may have been leagl but he had full intent to injury Connoly. He's a worthless piece of sh*t, he thinks he can keep getting away with cheap shots. Then he runs and hides when the other team sends out their enforcer.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    The hip check may have been leagl but he had full intent to injury Connoly. He's a worthless piece of sh*t, he thinks he can keep getting away with cheap shots. Then he runs and hides when the other team sends out their enforcer.
    So he meant to hurt Connoly with a legal hip check where he went ABOVE the knee? If he meant to hurt him, he would have gone down lower to get him at the knees - he didn't do that. The fact of the matter was that Connoly was coming in with great speed and would have gone around Kasperitus had he not hip checked him... But, I guess he should have seen that there would have been a risk of injury so he should have just let him go right by him... Jesus Christ.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes he did, he's a cheap little bugger that has a history of doing that. Yes there was a high risk of injurying him, hence the reason Kaspur did it.





    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    So he meant to hurt Connoly with a legal hip check where he went ABOVE the knee? If he meant to hurt him, he would have gone down lower to get him at the knees - he didn't do that. The fact of the matter was that Connoly was coming in with great speed and would have gone around Kasperitus had he not hip checked him... But, I guess he should have seen that there would have been a risk of injury so he should have just let him go right by him... Jesus Christ.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    everyteam needs a guy like him...he plays to strike fear in the opponent and get in their heads like a pest...so they're always thinking about him if he's gonna come out of nowhere and hit em instead of focusing on the game...most of what he does is legal...he's only been suspended one time in his long career, he's a good defensemen and the team pest...all good NHL teams should have a guy like him and most do.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    Yes he did, he's a cheap little bugger that has a history of doing that. Yes there was a high risk of injurying him, hence the reason Kaspur did it.
    Repeat after me because you are far from getting this. Hip checks are legal. If you want to be cheap with your hip check, you go really low, into the knees. Kasperitus' hip check was ABOVE the knee.

    The fact that people actually think that hit was cheap is beyond me. Did you even see the hit or are you just guessing here? The reason Kasperitus hit the guy was so he wouldn't go past him... But hey, I guess he should have let him go past him and score... That would be much better.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    he's only been suspended one time in his long career, he's a good defensemen and the team pest.
    People seem to forget this fact. To be fair, Kasperitus used to be a bit of a cheap artist, but if anyone has watched him for the last 2 seasons, they would realize that he no longer is. My question to anyone that thought that that was a cheap hit is this: Had it not been Kasperitus that performed a legal hip check above the guys knee, would there be any discussion about it? Had it been a guy from your favorite team, would you argue it was a cheap hit?

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Repeat after me because you are far from getting this. Hip checks are legal. If you want to be cheap with your hip check, you go really low, into the knees. Kasperitus' hip check was ABOVE the knee.

    The fact that people actually think that hit was cheap is beyond me. Did you even see the hit or are you just guessing here? The reason Kasperitus hit the guy was so he wouldn't go past him... But hey, I guess he should have let him go past him and score... That would be much better.
    So, you'll agree that all the idiot Ranger fans who do the "Potvin Sucks" chant for the past 25 years have no basis for doing it, right?

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    So, you'll agree that all the idiot Ranger fans who do the "Potvin Sucks" chant for the past 25 years have no basis for doing it, right?
    Who cares? The two have nothing to do with each other. Kasperitus used to cheap shot players, so I understand why people would not like him, but the fact is that his two hits that people here are discussing were legal hits. And the fact that people are complaining about them is not only absurd, but slightly funny.

    edit: I also find it funny that this is probably the best argument against Kasperitus so far in this thread...
    Last edited by JeffWeaverFan; 02-04-2006 at 12:26 PM.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread amazes me, how can people say teams need players like this cheap shot artist? Ask Grant Marshall about Kasper, but ah well, my Sabres will pay him back for his "Clean check" next time they meet. Andrew Peters will have something to say about it. If kasper has the balls to fight.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    This thread amazes me, how can people say teams need players like this cheap shot artist? Ask Grant Marshall about Kasper, but ah well, my Sabres will pay him back for his "Clean check" next time they meet. Andrew Peters will have something to say about it. If kasper has the balls to fight.
    whether u like it or not every team in any sport has guys like him...that has the job of intimidating the other team...kasper just happens to be one of the best in the biz

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every team should have an enforcer not a cheap shotting monkey like this pile of puke, isn't interesting how players just "Happen" to get hurt by him and his "Clean Checks" Donald Brashear is one of the best, Derek Boogaard, etc brawlers not useless thugs.





    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJet
    whether u like it or not every team in any sport has guys like him...that has the job of intimidating the other team...kasper just happens to be one of the best in the biz

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    Every team should have an enforcer not a cheap shotting monkey like this pile of puke, isn't interesting how players just "Happen" to get hurt by him and his "Clean Checks" Donald Brashear is one of the best, Derek Boogaard, etc brawlers not useless thugs.
    Jesus Christ, it's like talking to a freaking child over here that has no reading comprehension. The fact of the matter is he does not hit people with cheap shots anymore. PROVE it was a cheap shot. Did people get injured from his clean hits? YES. Do people get injured in hockey from clean hits all the time? YES! Jesus Christ, I can't believe people are upset by these hits. It amazes me, it really does.

    As for Brashear, he had a much cheaper hit than any of the Kasper's hits the other night against the Rangers. After a Ranger (Ruccin if I rememeber correctly) was hit with a high stick and put his hands to his face because of it, Brashear came in with a huge hit to the defenseless player. Was that not cheap? Were the legal Kasper hits worse than this?

    How about you guys continue to hate Kasperitus, accept that these last hits were legal, and get back to me when he actually hits a guy with a cheap shot. Because arguing that those were cheap shots is idiotic. You should really learn to pick your battles.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's clear that discussing anything with you is useless, because you can't write two sentences without putting me down or swearing, let's leave it at that.







    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Jesus Christ, it's like talking to a freaking child over here that has no reading comprehension. The fact of the matter is he does not hit people with cheap shots anymore. PROVE it was a cheap shot. Did people get injured from his clean hits? YES. Do people get injured in hockey from clean hits all the time? YES! Jesus Christ, I can't believe people are upset by these hits. It amazes me, it really does.

    As for Brashear, he had a much cheaper hit than any of the Kasper's hits the other night against the Rangers. After a Ranger (Ruccin if I rememeber correctly) was hit with a high stick and put his hands to his face because of it, Brashear came in with a huge hit to the defenseless player. Was that not cheap? Were the legal Kasper hits worse than this?

    How about you guys continue to hate Kasperitus, accept that these last hits were legal, and get back to me when he actually hits a guy with a cheap shot. Because arguing that those were cheap shots is idiotic. You should really learn to pick your battles.
    Last edited by Mcgraw38; 02-04-2006 at 02:53 PM.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    Well it's clear that discussing anything with you is useless, because you can't write two sentences without putting me down or swearing, let's leave it at that.
    When did I swear at you? I swore in my first post and apoligized it in my next. (I guess that goes back to the reading comprehension skills, or lack thereof).

    I wouldn't put you down if you came up with a legit argument as to why that was a cheap hit. Or, what should have Kasperitus have done instead of making the hit? Should he have not hit Marshall because Marshall had his head down? Should he have let Connoly go by him because at the speed Connoly was going, it could be a painful hit? How about you try to explain why they were cheap hits? How about you answr the question of whether Brashear's hit was cheaper than Kasperitus'?

    I guess this is your way of picking your battles though. Lets just agree that the hits were not cheap, because if you say they are, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us