Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Kasparaitis...biggest p*ssy in the NHL?

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know I was just sitting thinking "Gee I hope he tries to insult me again cuz that'd be great" And whaddya know there it is. It's called a shoulder check and it's not difficult, he had alot of options but he took the one that'd do the most damage and have the highest chance of puting Connoly out of the game. How can you even defend this guy?


    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    When did I swear at you? I swore in my first post and apoligized it in my next. (I guess that goes back to the reading comprehension skills, or lack thereof).

    I wouldn't put you down if you came up with a legit argument as to why that was a cheap hit. Or, what should have Kasperitus have done instead of making the hit? Should he have not hit Marshall because Marshall had his head down? Should he have let Connoly go by him because at the speed Connoly was going, it could be a painful hit? How about you try to explain why they were cheap hits? How about you answr the question of whether Brashear's hit was cheaper than Kasperitus'?

    I guess this is your way of picking your battles though. Lets just agree that the hits were not cheap, because if you say they are, you really have no idea what you're talking about.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see you get out of this one:


    http://sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=331



    4-5 people saying the EXACT same thing as me, You gonna say they know nothing about hockey? Question their reading skills?

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    You know I was just sitting thinking "Gee I hope he tries to insult me again cuz that'd be great" And whaddya know there it is. It's called a shoulder check and it's not difficult, he had alot of options but he took the one that'd do the most damage and have the highest chance of puting Connoly out of the game. How can you even defend this guy?
    If hip checks are so dangerous, then maybe they should make them illegal. At that moment, given Connoly's speed, the hip check was the best check to make because it made sure that Connoly would not get by him. He would have had more of a chance to miss Connoly had he gone in with his shoulder. Do you really think that as Connoly was going in at top speed Kasperitus took the time to think to himself, "which hit at this time is the best to get this player injured?" In the split second he had, he asked himself this question, or did he just instinctively make the best hit he could have at that time? It's obviously the latter. (And hey, if he went in with his shoulder and injured him, I'm sure a ton of people would say how cheap it was... I mean, we already have people calling his shoulder check on the Devil player cheap).

    The fact is, once again, that Kasperitus went in with his hip above Connoly's knee. If he went lower, below or at the knee, then it would have been cheap, but he did not do that.

    And are you really asking me how I can defend a guy for making a legal check on another player? How can you blast a guy for making a legal check?
    Last edited by JeffWeaverFan; 02-04-2006 at 05:44 PM.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    Let's see you get out of this one:


    http://sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=331



    4-5 people saying the EXACT same thing as me, You gonna say they know nothing about hockey? Question their reading skills?
    Cool, you sent me to a site that had the most biased reaction one could have. How about we see what an impartial party says about the hit? Like, you know, the NHL? Maybe the NHL, instead of the freaking team of the guy that Kasper hurt, would be just a tad bit less biased about the whole thing. But hey, that's just a thought. And, for the record, what did the league have to say about the hit? That it was legal...

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stevenson of the Flyers just hit Prucha knee to knee while Prucha was on the boards and Prucha had to limp to the locker room with a knee injury. It was a clean hit. I just wonder if Kasperitus had made the same hit on a Flyer player, how many people here would say it was cheap? Seriously, watch the hit and tell me that if it was Kasperitus who made the hit, would you say it was cheap or not?

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say anytime someone goes low with the intent to injure it's wrong, I'm not just singling out Kaspar or even being a Sabres homer,




    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Stevenson of the Flyers just hit Prucha knee to knee while Prucha was on the boards and Prucha had to limp to the locker room with a knee injury. It was a clean hit. I just wonder if Kasperitus had made the same hit on a Flyer player, how many people here would say it was cheap? Seriously, watch the hit and tell me that if it was Kasperitus who made the hit, would you say it was cheap or not?

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    I say anytime someone goes low with the intent to injure it's wrong, I'm not just singling out Kaspar or even being a Sabres homer,
    The problem is that going low does not mean that you have an intent to injure. On the Stevenson hit against Prucha, Prucha was trying to get out of the way but his knee was left exposed. On Kasper's hit on Connoly, it was a hip check, which is always low, but Kasper was high enough that he hit him above the knee. The only reason that Connoly was injured was because he was going so fast.

    And now I'm just praying that Prucha will only be out until after the Olympic Break.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean, Prucha's been awesome, losing him for any period of time will hurt, I hope Connoly will be back soon, Although My sabres are doing fine right now, in fact we just beat Ottawa 2-1 in a SO.






    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    The problem is that going low does not mean that you have an intent to injure. On the Stevenson hit against Prucha, Prucha was trying to get out of the way but his knee was left exposed. On Kasper's hit on Connoly, it was a hip check, which is always low, but Kasper was high enough that he hit him above the knee. The only reason that Connoly was injured was because he was going so fast.

    And now I'm just praying that Prucha will only be out until after the Olympic Break.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    This thread amazes me, how can people say teams need players like this cheap shot artist? Ask Grant Marshall about Kasper, but ah well, my Sabres will pay him back for his "Clean check" next time they meet. Andrew Peters will have something to say about it. If kasper has the balls to fight.
    Stop with the If he was in buffy you would be singing a different tune.

    He plays for a team that has no real enforcer and he doesn't played scared. I in fact hated his guts when he played for the fishsticks but love him on my team. You would to. So please cut the horse sh-t.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Stop with the If he was in buffy you would be singing a different tune.

    He plays for a team that has no real enforcer and he doesn't played scared. I in fact hated his guts when he played for the fishsticks but love him on my team. You would to. So please cut the horse sh-t.
    couldn't have said it better myself....if he wasn't a ranger i'd be calling for his head

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like

    1 wish

    As a huge Ranger fan and defender of both hits previously discussed in this posting, I like Kaspar. But, I really wish he wouldn't just flop to the ground and cover his head when somebody came after him. Not that I would want a go with Brashear any more than any other sane person, but at least pretend to stand up to him. I know he's not a fighter and all but jeez, when you do something and be willing to back it up.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please follow your own advice/



    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    So please cut the horse sh-t.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    No offense, but are you f*cking stupid? How many games have you watched Kasperitus play in the last 2 years? While Kasperitus used to be a cheap shot artist, he no longer is. People that say that he is have no idea what they are talking about.

    OK, lets go through the 2 hits that you are talking about.

    1. He was ejected for elbowing the Devils player. Well, the only problem with that is he didn't elbow him. He used his shoulder and Marshall had his head down. You don't leave your head down in hockey and what happened was he slightly moved right before Kasperitus came in for the hit and Kasperitus' shoulder went into his head. It was not his elbow and that's why he was not suspended for any games.

    2. Are we talking about the hip check in the Buffalo game? Because if that's what your talking about, you really have no business talking about hockey. That was a clean hit. Not only was it a clean hit, it was a great hit.

    And please respond to this post because I just want to understand how someone's mind works when they consider that those were cheap hits. I just don't understand how someone could be that dumb. Your only two excuses are that you are either blind or know nothing about hockey. Which is fine, but if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be making accusations about a player.


    You are so right nothing wrong with those hits.I really like the hip-check one that one you dont see to much in NHL anymore.I didnt hear to many devil fans saying that when the great Scott Stevens was ripping it up.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgraw38
    Please follow your own advice/

    You started spreading the manure not I. I said nothing that is not true while you whinned like a spoiled kid. Just like your coach Ruff and ready.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    What were we supposed to say? "Gee it sure is great we lost one of our top scorers" And besides you took my reply to seriously, did you not see the smily? lol


    Go B-lo!
    Go Rangers!




    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    You started spreading the manure not I. I said nothing that is not true while you whinned like a spoiled kid. Just like your coach Ruff and ready.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us