Thread: Breweries visited?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Breweries visited?

No way I can remember them all but here's a try.

Anchor Brewery
    Marin Brewing Co
    20 Tank Brewery
    Triple Rock Brewery
    Amsterdam Brewery
    Zip City(defunct)
    Chelsea BC
    Times Square BC(it was a couple other breweries before the ownership changes)
    Flying Bison in Buffalo
    Bison BC in Berkeley
    Rochester BC
    John Harvard's
    Brooklyn Brewery
    Commonwealth(both NYC and Boston)
    Heartland(several in NYC)
    Matt's(Saranac)
    Weeping Radish
    Gritty McDuff's
    J.J. Bittings
    River Horse
    Triumph in Princeton
    Trap Rock(early 16H'ers will remember when I brought a keg of this to the tailgate party)
    Ram's Head Tavern
    Long Trail
    Portsmouth
    Kinnebunkport
    Sam Adams(Philly)
    Bar Harbor Brewing Co(Blueberry Ale!)
    Titletown Brewery
    Hinterland Brewery

More to follow...
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 12-07-2006 at 07:50 PM.

All Pro
    I use to live 5 mins from the Saranac Brewery in Utica NY

Hall Of Fame
    i really wanna visit the Sam Adams Brewery and try all 18, has anyone ever tried Boston Utopia, supposed to be one of the strongest beers in the world, they talk about it in terms of proof rather than %

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JazzyJet]i really wanna visit the Sam Adams Brewery and try all 18, has anyone ever tried Boston Utopia, supposed to be one of the strongest beers in the world, they talk about it in terms of proof rather than %[/QUOTE]I was at the SA in Philly. They had this Triple Bock that was nasty as vinegar.

Board Moderator
    [QUOTE=JazzyJet]i really wanna visit the Sam Adams Brewery and try all 18, has anyone ever tried Boston Utopia, supposed to be one of the strongest beers in the world, they talk about it in terms of proof rather than %[/QUOTE]

I always thought that Dragon Stoute was the strongest beer ever - alebit ultra ghetto - in it being nearly 40 proof.

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet]I was at the SA in Philly. They had this Triple Bock that was nasty as vinegar.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there was one in Philly... I really want to go there now

I've only been to one, Victory Brewery in a Philly suburb. They make some really nasty beer concoctions. I actually went there last year with my Biology class because we were studying plant life or some BS and my professor wanted to demonstrate the fermentation of yeast by taking us on a brewery tour. he was a cool guy haha

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The Sam Adams Brewhouse in Philly is closed.

Victory Hop Devil is drinkable stuff. The first place I found it was in a bar called Toronado in San Fransisco. The brewery did a food and beer fest in Battery Park last year. It can also be found at the Old Bay Restaurant in New Brunswick.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet]No way I can remember them all but here's a try.

Anchor Brewery
    Marin Brewing Co
    20 Tank Brewery
    Triple Rock Brewery
    Amsterdam Brewery
    Zip City(defunct)
    Chelsea BC
    Times Square BC(it was a couple other breweries before the ownership changes)
    Flying Bison in Buffalo
    Bison BC in Berkeley
    Rochester BC
    John Harvard's
    Brooklyn Brewery
    Commonwealth(both NYC and Boston)
    Heartland(several in NYC)
    Matt's(Saranac)
    Weeping Radish
    Gritty McDuff's
    J.J. Bittings
    River Horse
    Triumph in Princeton
    Trap Rock(early 16H'ers will remember when I brought a keg of this to the tailgate party)
    Ram's Head Tavern
    Long Trail
    Portsmouth
    Kinnebunkport
    Sam Adams(Philly)
    Bar Harbor Brewing Co(Blueberry Ale!)

More to follow...[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, Jumba...that's a lot of samples!

The only one I've been to (besides a microbrew bar here and there) is the coors brewery in Colorado. Sucky beer but a huge place and very cool.

I was also in the Baccardi factory in Puerto Rico...does that count?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Well I worked for Anheuser-Busch so I got a tour of the brewery in St. Louis in 1995 and then was just on a cruise and saw the Bacardi factory in Puerto Rico .

I've been to a few breweries:

Long Valley Brew Pub
    Traprock
    JJ Bittings
    Magic Hat
    Saranac
    Sierra Nevada

New Belgium Brewery in Ft. Collins, CO....makers of Fat Tire.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just remembereed another, Great Lakes Brewing Co. I'll be making another trek out to the Flats for Jets/Halloween.

[QUOTE=JazzyJet]i really wanna visit the Sam Adams Brewery and try all 18, has anyone ever tried Boston Utopia, supposed to be one of the strongest beers in the world, they talk about it in terms of proof rather than %[/QUOTE]

I was at the Sam Adams brewery in Boston and the had an empty bottle of that Boston Utopia. It was a special brew and they only made 1000 bottles...it smelled just like Jack Daniels - they had this special beer on tap that was only available in Boston for the 375 anniversary. It was called Sam Adams 375 and it was a lager just like the Colonial people made in 1630 when Boston was founded..it was so friggin amazing. It tasted like candy, very sweet..the foundation was molasses.

I have also been to the Anheuser-Busch brewery in Merrimack, NH. Its only one of 4 breweries in the US that have the Clidesdales..huge friggin animals.

Its interesting. The Anheuser-Busch plant is all about educating you about the process with a small taste test at the end. The sam Adams brew was like - this is how we do it...lets drink!!

They are both free, and both fun!

Heineken brewery in Amsterdam Holland, great place have to say i like the coffee shops better however. Amazing beer though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Had to add a couple more to the list after my trip to Green Bay.

Titletown Brewery is a great night spot in the downtown area. The building is an old train depot, and the beer is outstanding.

Hinterland Brewey is just across the street. Kinda trendy with an ecclectic menu.

Still about a dozen more that're stored somewhere in memory.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 12-07-2006 at 08:27 PM.

The back of Jumba's truck...... :D

Banned
    I've been to a few Breweries...

Blue Point (Blue Point, NY) - right down the road from me ;)
    BrickHouse Brewery (Patchogue, NY) - Another one right around the block
    Black Forest Brew Haus (Farmingdale, NY) - A BrewPub that makes my favorite beer
    John Harvards (Lake Grove, NY) - I frequent this one often. Excellent food.
    Southampton Publick House (Southampton, NY) - People go nuts for this, but I think it's a bit overrated.
    Sam Adams (Boston) - Did the tour and then hung out in the tasting room. Boston Ale rocks. It's a little different from the Boston Lager. Harder to find on LI.
    Guinness (Dublin, Ireland) - One of the highlights of my honeymoon. Being as fresh as it is, the beer is truly great.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

When the Jets come here next year, I will arrange for a trip to the Pyramid Brewery and a few other local breweries.