Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite drink (cocktail)

favorite drink (cocktail)

list yours here... I'm talking your go-to, #1, trusty drink to fall back on at all times. whether you need to get a buzz going or to just get a good taste in your mouth.

mine is by far a manhattan sweet. I love it, plain and simple. they are very simply to make, as I usually do when I come back from the bars on weekends or I'm just chilling out. I like just bourbon straight up or on the rocks, but when I want a good drink, I'll go manhattan.

I'm gonna have to say either a vodka tonic or a captain and coke.

Straight liquor-wise I'm a tequila man myself. Patron to be more specific.

Hall Of Fame
    captain and coke is good, but i dont buy captian i buy calicco jack, much cheaper and to me slightly better. i also like whiskey sours and bloody marys

can't say i've ever had calicco jack, is it a spiced rum in the same style as captain?

btw - The best rum I ever had was when I was dating this dominican girl and her family would throw these huge family dinners every month. Her uncles were all guys who recently came to the US, and always had all these bottles of rum straight from the dominican in bottles with no labels. Now THAT stuff certainly put some hair on my chest after a shot or two, and the other thing I remember is her uncles drank the stuff like it was milk.

Hall Of Fame
    yeah calico jack is also a spiced rum, IMO its very similar to Captain but is slightly darker and color and has a stronger vanilla taste. So it's slightly different, i love both of them and prefer the calico mainly because of the price difference (it's $17 for a handle)...yesterday i was really low on money and bought Bankers Club spiced rum ($13 handle) and that stuff was really nasty, basically vodka with food coloring

Board Moderator
    Jameson - straight up

Old Grandad... cheap, traditional liquor that has a little kick to it.. not bad for mixing cocktails

don't forger, I'm only a college student :D

[QUOTE=pauliec]Old Grandad... cheap, traditional liquor that has a little kick to it.. not bad for mixing cocktails

don't forger, I'm only a college student :D[/QUOTE]

In that case, you're very familiar with this situation.

You: "How much money do we have?"

Your friend: "11 bucks."

You: "How many people wanna get wasted?"

Your friend: "5"

You: "Nikoff it is!"

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]In that case, you're very familiar with this situation.

You: "How much money do we have?"

Your friend: "11 bucks."

You: "How many people wanna get wasted?"

Your friend: "5"

You: "Nikoff it is!"[/QUOTE]

how bout Vladimir vodka... for 10 bucks it comes in a giant plastic jug and can literally eat through soft paper cups.

Hall Of Fame
    can't go wrong with a handle of cheap liquor, gets the jobs done, and once your drunk you could care less oh that stuff taste

mixed...bourbon Mahnattan...easy on teh vermouth with a cherry to keep my wife happy.

beer...Guinness.

straight...Jameson 18 year on the rocks.

foofy only on vacation drink...Marguerita

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=JazzyJet]can't go wrong with a handle of cheap liquor, gets the jobs done, and once your drunk you could care less oh that stuff taste[/QUOTE]
    Oh but the morning after..............OOoohhhhhhhh.......... :sick:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Buffboy]mixed...bourbon Mahnattan...easy on teh vermouth with a cherry to keep my wife happy.

beer...Guinness.

straight...Jameson 18 year on the rocks.

foofy only on vacation drink...Marguerita[/QUOTE]
    I knew there was something I liked about you! Guiness and Jameson's! Now you're talkin!

All League
    When tailgating always have my trusty battery operated blender. TGIF Mudslide mix, Belvedere Vodka and Ice, Folks at this years Miami game enjoyed this mix.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan]I'm gonna have to say either a vodka tonic or a captain and coke.

Straight liquor-wise I'm a tequila man myself. Patron to be more specific.[/QUOTE]

I'm a tequila guy too. Patron's is good. I also like Cazadores.

For cocktails, Kettle One and cranberry is always good to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68]When tailgating always have my trusty battery operated blender. TGIF Mudslide mix, Belvedere Vodka and Ice, Folks at this years Miami game enjoyed this mix.[/QUOTE]

I sure did Boca :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw]I'm a tequila guy too. Patron's is good. I also like Cazadores.

For cocktails, Kettle One and cranberry is always good to go.[/QUOTE]

i know it's girly...but when i've got girls around i like to make them Three Olives Cherry Vodka with cranberry

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw]For cocktails, Kettle One and cranberry is always good to go.[/QUOTE]

That's like going to Peter Lugers and putting Kechup on your steak!!!

Kettle should be served one way.....Chilled straight up with olives!!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]That's like going to Peter Lugers and putting Kechup on your steak!!!

Kettle should be served one way.....Chilled straight up with olives!!![/QUOTE]

is kettle pretty $$$, i'd love to try your olive drink but on a college guys budget i dunno if it's feasible

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet]I knew there was something I liked about you! Guiness and Jameson's! Now you're talkin![/QUOTE]

Nectar of the gods...

If you are a Jameson man, try Midletons Very Rare. It's pricey ($125/litre)and a little hard to find, but for Irish Whiskey drinkers, it's heaven.